Mock 2020 drafts thread

Jetster

NBC Sports has the Jets taking Wirfs but with what I believe is an interesting take on how the top 10 fall. By Tyler Roman. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/2020-nfl-mock-draft-90-top-draft-order-set#slide-16

Cincy- Burrows

Was- Young

Det- Okudah

NYG- Simmons

Miami- Tua

Chargers- Herbert

Panthers- Brown

Cards- Lamb

Jax- Jeudy

Browns- A.Thomas

Jets- Wirfs

*Its interesting because the Giants end up taking Simmons really early and nobody addresses the O-line until the Browns at pick 10.  

• Upvote 2

Post here all of the mock drafts as they appear & from where. Should be interesting to see if there is a recurring theme regarding who might be there & they guy these draftniks think JD will take: Here a new one from The Sporting News:

11. New York Jets (7-9)

• Andrew Thomas, OT, Georgia

The Jets would be ready to take either Jeudy or Lamb if they are positioned to do so, but they also could use a rock for their offensive line in front of Sam Darnold. Thomas matches great size (6-5, 320 pounds) with good hands and footwork. Gase also will love what Thomas can open holes for the running game.

I hope he is there at 11

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

19 minutes ago, PepPep said:

NBC Sports has the Jets taking Wirfs but with what I believe is an interesting take on how the top 10 fall. By Tyler Roman. 

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/redskins/2020-nfl-mock-draft-90-top-draft-order-set#slide-16

Cincy- Burrows

Was- Young

Det- Okudah

NYG- Simmons

Miami- Tua

Chargers- Herbert

Panthers- Brown

Cards- Lamb

Jax- Jeudy

Browns- A.Thomas

Jets- Wirfs

*Its interesting because the Giants end up taking Simmons really early and nobody addresses the O-line until the Browns at pick 10.  

It feels like these draft nerds really want to shoehorn Isiah Simmons into the top ten and they don’t care how they do it 

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

It feels like these draft nerds really want to shoehorn Isiah Simmons into the top ten and they don’t care how they do it 

I agree. But I still think he goes top 10. Especially if he kills it at the combine. He's a special player who can do a lot of different thinks for a defense. 

33 minutes ago, PepPep said:

Cincy- Burrows

Was- Young

Det- Okudah

NYG- Simmons

Miami- Tua

Chargers- Herbert

Panthers- Brown

Cards- Lamb

Jax- Jeudy

Browns- A.Thomas

Jets- Wirfs

The 2nd and 3rd QBs are really the key if Tua and Herbert do indeed go top 10 it will help us so much.

• Upvote 3

So it's being reported that Trent Williams is now willing to return to Washington now that Bruce Allen and the coaching/medical staff have been fired.
I'm keeping an eye on that, because it may have an effect on how the draft plays out
If they don't take a left tackle the Giants will. One team gets the best lt one gets the best pass rush prospect. The only curve ball I could see is if the Redskins opt for a QB which would not be the craziest thing I saw in the draft. Just expect the 11th best prospect to fall to us and hopefully you can be happy with who we get?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

11 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I concentrated on Simmons last game, guys a stud. All over the place. 

45 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

If Tua and Herbert both go in the top 10, it will benefit the Jets immensely and will drop a desirable OL or WR to us.  Hopefully Fromm or Eason or both have monster combines and sneak in to the top 10 too.

Well, I guess it depends on how many teams you actually envision drafting a QB- Bengals aside- (or I guess trading up for one). The opposite effect (if less QBs go in top 10) will have an impact on a possible trade down scenario. 

Dolphins, Chargers- in top 10

Colts, Broncos, Saints outside of top 10, might trade up. I would add Bucs but word on the street is ownership wants to stick it out with Winston.

The Colts pick at 13. If they want a QB, makes no sense for them to move up to 11, even though they have an extra 2nd rounder to work with. Raiders are not going to take a QB at 12. 

Saints do not have the draft capital to move up to 11 to get a QB. They will probably just wait and take a developmental prospect if they want a QB. A lot of people have J.Love mocked to them. 

The Broncos however are an intriguing possibility for a trade down scenario. They have 3 third round picks and select 15th, right after the Colts and, well, the Bucs (despite my mention that the Bucs want to stick it out with Winston). If they are looking to draft a QB and Tua or Herbert or Eason or whoever is there at 11 and they are concerned that the Colts or Bucs will take him, the Broncos may give up a second rounder and the 15th pick to secure a QB. 

And of course, there is the possibility of the Dolphins passing on a QB at #5 overall and moving up from 18 to take one, skipping a handful of QB needy teams by giving up an extra first round pick.      

14 hours ago, PepPep said:

Cincy- Burrows

Was- Young

Det- Okudah

NYG- Simmons

Miami- Tua

Chargers- Herbert

Panthers- Brown

Cards- Lamb

Jax- Jeudy

Browns- A.Thomas

Jets- Wirfs

I fear 3 OTs are gone by the time the Jets pick. 

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

True. If they went with Young would WAS grab Burrow and end the Haskins era/error after one year? Or do they hold the pick hostage and make Miami pay big time to move up from 5?

In this scenario, I'd choose #2, but lots of variables. What does Rivera and new GM think of Haskins? What if Tua stays another year? I guess my point is this....you have #1 pick, and you can have either Montana, Brady, pick any QB, or take LT. I go LT every time. He was the best player I've ever seen, period. LT destroyed offenses.

As long as we take OT or WR, i'm going to be really happy.

I know the more important need is OL, but thinking about adding Lamb or Jeudy really has me torn.  Jeudy in particular.

at this point, I hope we make a significant push for OL in FA so we can really have the possibility of adding one of those WR