Do the Jets go from #11 in round 1 to #16 in round 2 of draft?

Alka

From what I read, any clubs that are tied in record will alternate from their pick to the lower tied record in each round.

For example, there are 6 teams in the NFL with a 7-9 record this year.

The Jets pick #11 in the first round, but from what I understand, will pick #16 in the second round, #15 in the 3rd round, #14 in the 4th round, #13 in the 5th  round, #12 in the 6th round, and #11 in the 7th round.

Had we ended up with 6 wins instead of 7, then we would only need to alternate with one or two other teams with a better pick.

Can anyone confirm this?

7 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

Who cares. Once you leave the first round it’s like rolling the dice on who’s Gona play well. Most 4th and later don’t even last in the league 

But there's no Big Macc involved this time to give the Jets a case of Roster Diarrhea.

1 hour ago, Alka said:

From what I read, any clubs that are tied in record will alternate from their pick to the lower tied record in each round.

The Jets pick #11 in the first round, but from what I understand, will pick #16 in the second round, #15 in the 3rd round, #14 in the 4th round, #13 in the 5th  round, #12 in the 6th round, and #11 in the 7th round.

Had we ended up with 6 wins instead of 7, then we would only need to alternate with one or two other teams with a better pick.

Can anyone confirm this?

Yes.  Teams that are tied for record all move up one slot in the next round with the top team in that group rotating down to the bottom.  

2 minutes ago, JetsMetsRangers said:

http://www.tankathon.com/nfl/jets...................................................    All our Picks and mock draft from Tankathon............................

I would be happy with that if Lamb is available.  We don’t HAVE to take a OL with out first pick if we can get another weapon for Sam.  We could easily spend the next couple picks on the OL including whatever we do in FA

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, kevinc855 said:

Who cares. Once you leave the first round it’s like rolling the dice on who’s Gona play well. Most 4th and later don’t even last in the league 

It's like rolling dice in the 1st rd as well... just look at the jets #1 pick the last 6 yrs.

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

I would be happy with that if Lamb is available.  We don’t HAVE to take a OL with out first pick if we can get another weapon for Sam.  We could easily spend the next couple picks on the OL including whatever we do in FA

I lean toward Tee higgins...  a bit bigger, basketbball background, 50/50 ball winner....  maybe better in RZ?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

Yes we do. Maccagnan once thought as you do. Thats why we are in offensive line purgatory at the moment. Don't fall for the sexy pick. Get the tough guy big uglies this team needs to protect our franchise QB.

• WTF? 1

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Yes we do. Maccagnan once thought as you do. Thats why we are in offensive line purgatory at the moment. Don't fall for the sexy pick. Get the tough guy big uglies this team needs to protect our franchise QB.

You don't need a 1st round pick to get 1 of those

16 minutes ago, TNJet said:

No no that’s not what I said at all.  In fact I said many times the past few months that OL is my top priority.  However let’s say the big OL are taken very early in the draft and one of these top WR is available I wouldn’t be upset if we took him.  Macc ignored the OL.  I said we need to use at least 2-3 of our top 4 picks on the OL  So I don’t know how I compare to Macc in any shape or form

4 hours ago, Alka said:

Can anyone confirm this?

As ugly as it was, I'll still take the win over a division rival.

If the Jets needed a QB, and the win cost them the 1st pick in the draft, different story

4 minutes ago, flgreen said:

As ugly as it was, I'll still take the win over a division rival.

If the Jets needed a QB, and the win cost them the 1st pick in the draft, different story

Yes Jets fans take a bow for being 7-9.  We almost finished. 500

Holy Crap we beat the Bills with their 2nd team out there.

• WTF? 1

35 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

I lean toward Tee higgins...  a bit bigger, basketbball background, 50/50 ball winner....  maybe better in RZ?

32 minutes ago, section314 said:

Great point. That's huge.

Robby Replacement?  Has anyone ever really computed Robby's 50/50 win percentage?  Not sure what qualifies.  Right now it just seems to be eyeball test and hes looked fine many times.  

2 hours ago, Dcat said:

Robby Replacement?  Has anyone ever really computed Robby's 50/50 win percentage?  Not sure what qualifies.  Right now it just seems to be eyeball test and hes looked fine many times.  

not the physical guy .

not the yac guy, less hes already beyond.

not the back shoulder shield the db guy. 

good at high points w/o much contact