Confirmed: John Dorsey & browns go separate ways

26 minutes ago, Dcat said:

translation:  There is an irreconcilable difference between Dorsey and ownership in the Head Coach hiring process or about the candidates themselves.  I got a feeling the owner is taking charge of hiring new HC.  

Jetsy, isn't it?

Maybe they're bringing in Charlie "Cringe Worthy" Casserly to select the next HC.... MacDaddy to Browns!!

Book it!

• Haha 1

I have to be honest, I never saw this coming. Wow.

The Haslam's are back to doing what they swore they wouldn't do any more, which is make rash hasty irrational moves. Firing Dorsey is a joke.

I hate to admit it, but a lot of you guys here were right when you said the Browns will be the Browns.

They still have Baker though, so there's still hope. 

Damn I wish we would've drafted him. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I have to be honest, I never saw this coming. Wow.

The Haslam's are back to doing what they swore they wouldn't do any more, which is make rash hasty irrational moves. Firing Dorsey is a joke.

I hate to admit it, but a lot of you guys here were right when you said the Browns will be the Browns.

They still have Baker though, so there's still hope. 

Damn I wish we would've drafted him. 

You're good at this.  ?

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Keeping mike mcaganan for one last year, let alone two was brilliant on our part because it showed the savvy jets do not fire guys for no reason!

We could have had just about anyone we wanted last season. That was very clear. We just blew it.

That was in part due to the fact that there is a certain level of security here. Rex got 6.  Bowles got 4.  That's much more attractive than the Browns who have had 7 coaches in that stretch. Not one has had more than 2 seasons to break the mold over there. We don't even have to get into their GM's.  Dorsey is a damned good GM and drafts as well or better than most. 

The Jets are not the Steelers but they are not in the same galaxy of Browns dysfunction.  And I love it. I hate Cleveland Browns fans. 

Eric Mangini 20092010 32 10 22 0 .313   [31]
13 Pat Shurmur 20112012 32 9 23 0 .281   [32]
14 Rob Chudzinski* 2013 16 4 12 0 .250   [33]
15 Mike Pettine* 20142015 32 10 22 0 .313   [34]
16 Hue Jackson 20162018 40 3 36 1 .088   [35]
Gregg Williams 2018 8 5 3 0 .625   [36]
17 Freddie Kitchens* 2019 16 6 10 0 .375

Solid stuff right here.  :) 

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

translation:  There is an irreconcilable difference between Dorsey and ownership in the Head Coach hiring process or about the candidates themselves.  I got a feeling the owner is taking charge of hiring new HC.  

Jetsy, isn't it?

That's what it is. Haslam stayed away and enjoyed the response last year when they won multiple games for the first time in 3 seasons. The first speed bump they hit Haslam wants to grab the wheel. 

• Upvote 1

The Browns continue to be the 2nd worst franchise in the league (outside of the Lions who have 1 playoff win in the super bowl era). The Browns will never be good. 7 coaches in 10 years. An owner who wanted to hire Condaleeza Rice to coach the team. A loudmouth QB who regressed badly. They let the rookie QB pick the head coach and are surprised it didn't work out? Man, Cleveland sucks and always will.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's what it is. Haslam stayed away and enjoyed the response last year when they won more multiple games for the first time in 3 seasons. The first speed bump Haslam wants to grab the wheel. 

yep.

Haslam, lol.... new year same show

1 minute ago, Villain The Foe said:

I can see it now. Haslam is going to offer Josh McDaniels the "Belichick" deal, forgetting that Belichick cheated for 20 f'ing years and McDaniels left the Colts at the altar the year prior. 

Bad franchises are bad for a reason.

maybe JD should call up Haslam and offer Adam Gase for a draft pick

• Upvote 2

We discussed this at length. Dorsey put together a bunch of talent with a combination of strong personalities and questionable characters and put the rookie QB’s favorite neophyte in charge. It was always gonna be boom or bust, and it’s really no shock at all that it went bust. 

Be interesting to see where they go from here, who they bring in. They need a strong leader in there to right that ship. 

As for Dorsey here? I have no interest. I think the Jets have often put too much emphasis on character issues when it comes to acquiring talent, but Dorsey would sign John Wayne Gacy if he thought he could catch. 

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, slats said:

We discussed this at length. Dorsey put together a bunch of talent with a combination of strong personalities and questionable characters and put the rookie QB’s favorite neophyte in charge. It was always gonna be boom or bust, and it’s really no shock at all that it went bust. 

Be interesting to see where they go from here, who they bring in. They need a strong leader in there to right that ship. 

As for Dorsey here? I have no interest. I think the Jets have often put too much emphasis on character issues when it comes to acquiring talent, but Dorsey would sign John Wayne Gacy if he thought he could catch. 

Facts. Cant argue with that. He gambled on the QB he drafted and tried to put everything together that could possibly spark. 

Seeing how it took just 1 season for him to be out of a job, it's no surprise that he probably took that route. You cant even build a team in Cleveland. 

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

Just 4 months ago everyone and their mother was telling me how awesome the Browns were and that they were building something special.

Now they’re getting rid of everyone a few days after Christmas lol.

That’s what they should do. When a team underperforms as bad as the Browns, Panthers, Falcons, Cowboys, Bears and Rams they should clean house. Why wait 3 or 4 years to start over?

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's what it is. Haslam stayed away and enjoyed the response last year when they won multiple games for the first time in 3 seasons. The first speed bump they hit Haslam wants to grab the wheel. 

So the rumor is he wants to give someone complete control, most likely McDaniels. 

That would be un-Jetsy, if true. 

The owner here would never give anyone other than his flunky brother "full" control. 

16 minutes ago, Dcat said:

So the rumor is he wants to give someone complete control, most likely McDaniels. 

That would be un-Jetsy, if true. 

The owner here would never give anyone other than his flunky brother "full" control. 

I think it was the "making dumb decisions" part of that scenario. Not the decision specifically. 

Haslam fires a GM after one speed bump, the Johnsons fire their guy 3 years too late. 

What's the difference? 

21 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think it was the "making dumb decisions" part of that scenario. Not the decision specifically. 

Haslam fires a GM after one speed bump, the Johnsons fire their guy 3 years too late. 

What's the difference? 

Lol this “speed bump” is going to last until Baker gets benched for good which will be sometime next season