Confirmed: John Dorsey & browns go separate ways

4 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Gase earned a shot at 2020 with the inherited roster, the injuries, the 6-2 second half, and helping recover Darnold from near career meltdown (NE/JAX games were baaad).

I just hope the owners and front office are ready to move on if Gase face plants once the built-in excuses are gone next year.

The problem is that with cap space, a competent GM, 4 top 70 picks and getting Mosley and Herndon back a complete idiot could coach this team to 8 wins (circa Bowles in 2015) so ownership and JD need to evaluate Gase on whether or not he is doing a good job, not simply based on wins.  Otherwise we will just wind up realizing he is actually terrible and then it will be 2021

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BCJet said:

The problem is that with cap space, a competent GM, 4 top 70 picks and getting Mosley and Herndon back a complete idiot could coach this team to 8 wins (circa Bowles in 2015) so ownership and JD need to evaluate Gase on whether or not he is doing a good job, not simply based on wins.  Otherwise we will just wind up realizing he is actually terrible and then it will be 2021

I have never seen a coach get so celebrated for 7-9

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I think it was the "making dumb decisions" part of that scenario. Not the decision specifically. 

Haslam fires a GM after one speed bump, the Johnsons fire their guy 3 years too late. 

What's the difference? 

acute pain vs slow pain?

1 hour ago, BCJet said:

Even if JD hits on all 4 picks and resigns Jets FA's and picks up another 2 or 3 FA's that would still leave the Jets with many positions that would be filled with 2nd/3rd string level talent.

It's going to take 2 years for the Jets to be a legit playoff team.

• Post of the Week 1

The move that got Dorsey fired was taking Baker at #1 overall.

Does everyone forget the owner calling Baker and damn near fellating him when they signed him? I think the ownership wanted Baker because they thought he has that Kosar type of moxie that CLE loves. I know it’s been en vogue to love short QB’s these days, but there was a reason in the past they were passed on. Not very many know how to play QB at an NFL level with a height disadvantage. You have to either be able to run a lot or you need to understand how to create lanes of vision through the line since you can’t see over them. What I saw of Mayfield on the field looked a lot like a guy who does not see the field well at all. Off the field he’s a giant douche and not worth the headache, but on the field he plays like he’s too short to see.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Mayfield is literally ruining careers in Cleveland.  Omg this is so juicy.  He’s a full blown cancer.  

Baker is cancer, AIDS, and Ebola combined

the browns are gonna go 4-12 next year and be an absolute sh tshow.  Mayfield will go full Leaf/Manziel once he’s permanently benched

19 hours ago, Mogglez said:

This clown is a wrecking ball.  I remember when I finally accepted the fate that we might draft this bozo and thinking, at least we will get front row seats to the epic crash and burn and now I’m so thankful we are not in that situation right now.  He’s terrible and he’s running the franchise.  Lolololololol 

• Upvote 2

56 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Baker is cancer, AIDS, and Ebola combined

the browns are gonna go 4-12 next year and be an absolute sh tshow.  Mayfield will go full Leaf/Manziel once he’s permanently benched

Sam Darnold is mono.

The Jets were last in offense this year and an absolute sh t show because of it.. He went full Sanchez/(insert name of any other USC QB).

See how easy it is for everyone else to post dumb stuff in rebuttal to dumb stuff?

7 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Sam Darnold is mono.

The Jets were last in offense this year and an absolute sh t show because of it.. He went full Sanchez/(insert name of any other USC QB).

See how easy it is for everyone else to post dumb stuff in rebuttal to dumb stuff?

Given you are getting up in age wouldn’t it make sense to root for another team so you can see a championship in your lifetime?

19 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

Given you are getting up in age wouldn’t it make sense to root for another team so you can see a championship in your lifetime?

I'm doing fine thanks. Appreciate your concern though.

Given that you have a bit of a weight problem, maybe you should consider it though. Stop worrying about me, and start thinking about yourself.

48 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I feel like OBJ and Jarvis Landry combined  would ruin an entire society, along with a young QB and a weak HC. It’s Plaxico/Santonio Redux

Meh, those 2 were quiet and minded their business this season.  The QB on the other hand is much more of a psycho and 10x bigger distraction.  You think that locker room enjoys watching their arrogant dbag sh*tty QB call everyone out, take no accountability, sh*t the bed on Sunday but see his ugly face on every commercial needing NFL representation?

Remember he hand picked Kitchens, threw him under the bus and subsequently got the GM that took him #1 overall and built that loaded roster fired.  

Look at Bakers track record, he’s whiny cry baby bitch that can’t work with anyone.  Kingsbury didn’t want him, Stoops retired because of him, Riley hates him, he got Jackson fired and Williams (the real reason for last years success ) ousted.  Now Kitchens and Dorsey.

Players see it clear as day. 

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, those 2 were quiet and minded their business this season.  The QB on the other hand is much more of a psycho and 10x bigger distraction.  You think that locker room enjoys watching their sh*tty QB call everyone out, take no accountability, sh*t the bed on Sunday but see his ugly face on every commercial needing NFL representation?

Remember he hand picked Kitchens, there him under the bus and subsequently got the GM that took him #1 overall and built that loaded roster fired.  

Look at Bakers track record, he’s whiny cry baby bitch that can’t work with anyone.  Kingsbury didn’t want him, Stoops retired because of him, Riley hates him, he got Jackson fired and Williams (the real reason for last years success ) ousted.  

There’s no doubt Baker is a cocky a-hole, but Landry was screaming in Kitchens’ face all year and OBJ was begging other teams to trade for him during games. You can tolerate a douche or two in any huddle, but when you combine a bunch of douches, they form a Douche Voltron and wreck your team. I think that’s more likely what happened here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I feel like I need to preface any post I put defending Gase with a “I DONT LIKE GASE” lol Didn’t want him hired.

I wanted Kingsbury or Rhule. Next Monken, and even McCarthy who would have been a safe boring hire...but still better than Gase.

But I have to call it honestly. The players had every opportunity to quit on Gase (the biggest FU to any coach you despise). It usually results in a firing. Yet, they played harder, and not just Greg W’s D.

Another thing I give Gase credit on, he knew this roster was dog sh*t, and hated it so much he assassinated one of the guys who hired him, and replaced him with someone who has more clout/respect in the league than himself. Douglas can easily get rid of Gase in 2020, but Gase wanted the best available gm.

Gase and Sam have a bond. They seem to like each other’s vision for this team. They’re just not there yet. I’m Sam’s biggest defenders...but there were big plays left on the field all year (due to OL and some Sam). Well designed, perfectly timed, big play potential squandered. That’s part of growing for a 22 year old QB, but we can’t blame the O all on Gase.

I’m willing to have an open mind about. But if the OL and roster overall is upgraded substantially, the excuses will be gone, hopefully along with Gase.

This is a BIG TIME Post!!!

Big Time......

The only thing is I

Image result for i don't believe you gif

Just kidding fantastic post and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the posts out here are pure comic GOLD!

Baker Mayfield had a down year no doubt but he is far from the BUST that so many are saying he is out here. He had a subpar second year ok, big deal the guy has shown he is accurate and that doesn't just leave you, despite what happened his year.. 

I for one bet he bounces back...

Then the hate Darnold crowd  is HILARIOUS to me,.........

They say Sam led the NFL with the worst offense.  OK, well his coach has now managed to do that feat with two different organizations so I hrdly think that the O's regression was all on Darnold. 

And I would also argue even with Bell that no team in the entire NFL had  worst skill position players, OL and coaching combination than the Jets. NO ONE!!!! 

And that includes Miami who was actually trying to tank GAMES!!!

The Jets based on their OL alone should have come in last offensively in the NFL!

If Baker's stats were as bad as they were with OBJ and Jarvis Landry and a decent OL what the heck do people think that his stats would have been with the Jets!?

Come on now!  Stop the foolishness....

People have to calm down Darnold did not play great this year, HE DIDN'T... That is a fact!!

However Darnold didn't regress either, but he has to play better period and Baker had a bad year with a rookie HC who has now been fired, he will be just fine!

So lets just hope that Gase is better than some of us think!

Happy New Year!!

• Sympathy 1