TNJet

Off Topic Car Question

On 1/1/2020 at 9:35 AM, SAR I said:

It's the American dream.  To own a cheap car, to marry the chubby girl who couldn't get a date, to have a blue collar job.  You've got the whole thing down.  My plumber does too.  Except every time he comes to my house he sees one of my 3 BMW's and wants to cry.

SAR I

My plumber is living in a mansion in Florida with a 50' boat and a Bentley convertible.  The guy he sends to my house is working off of his license and gets paid by the hour and leases a BMW. 

On 1/1/2020 at 5:37 PM, southparkcpa said:

I’m on my 3rd BMW lease, X3. perfect for me. I pay nothing extra and just when it needs tires I give it back. This year, the 2019 model automatic shutoff is a pain in the ass.  It must be disengaged every time you go in the car.  But yes, as a CPA CFP I can tell you the 650 or so a month I pay to be in a BMW is a good value and they treat you well. 

I leased the X3 in 2015.  I bought a Macan in 2018 when the lease ran out.  The thing I do like about owning a car is if I want to change I can trade out of it today without having to argue over a lease if I don't want to be in the same name plate.  I really liked the BMW but I got bored with it after 2 years. When I get bored with the Macan and if something strikes me I can make a move that day.  In the meantime, it's a great car to drive.  I'm also not opposed to buying used cars.  I bought a 2011 911 GTS in 2014 which I will own forever.  

That's not a knock on the X3.  Very solid, dependable vehicle that's beautifully appointed in and out.  I never bought into owning the same nameplate.  There are so many great cars new and used that sometimes you just have to have it.  I like owning because it gives me flexibility and hasn't really cost me more than leasing.  

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company