TNJet

Off Topic Car Question

26 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

I pay cash or lease. Unless you can get a 0% finance deal (or very close) it's a financial ass ram.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Right.

FD22C617-B480-4C78-8F31-F31D0AA0241B_1_105_c.jpeg.984c6c791338cc29bb1eab5ae5371041.jpegThey used to be the best................and the Ultimate Driving Machine......Then everything went plastic

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

Please.  The interior of the E30 was chintzy as can be, I've owned Honda's of the period that were more upscale.  The E93 was terrible, plastic-city, I agree.  But the new models are quite luxe.

SAR I

Bullsh*t.

13 hours ago, SAR I said:

I'm all for romanticizing anything BMW, but the E30's interior wasn't very high end.

SAR I

Stock is trick, you read all the gauges, able to work on the engine. My other  E30 IX AWD, has heated seats etc. from 1989. Far ahead of it's time. I don't need all this BS on a car to enjoy driving. Todays vehicles do everything but wipe you ass for you. No thinking involved, no fun.

4 hours ago, SAR I said:

That worked out well for you.

The reason people drive luxury cars, it's just something fun to have, that's all.  No different than season tickets or a family vacation, it's just something a bit nicer then the norm that makes you feel a bit special.

SAR I

They used to be twice the price and lasted twice as long. Nowadays Hondas, Yotas are half the price and go forever.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Lith said:

I never understood the need for a luxury car.  To me, a car is nothing more than a tool too get me from one point to another.  I have had luxury cars in the past -- never a BMW, but I have owned an Audi & Mercedes.  Then when we had kids and I needed to cut back, we traded in the Mercedes and went to a Saturn.  Since then, I have had a Camry and most recently a used Altima, which I bought 6 years ago.  My kids are both over 25 now.  3 sedans in 25+ years.  They have always gotten me where I need to go.  Paid the Altima off in 36 months.  Have been driving it with no payments for last 3 years. 

I have no interest in ever buying or leasing a luxury car again.

Please, no common sense, being responsible or practical is allowed on this board.

10 minutes ago, Lith said:

Planning to buy a used car this weekend.  Been checking out Carmax, looking at 2017-18 Altimas, Camrys, Malibu, etc.  Came across a 2016 BMW 320i with less than 20K miles on it for same price as these other cars.  Checked out the vehicle history report, and no issues/accidents or other concerns reported.  Anything I should know about the 320i -- pricing seems too good to be true.  @SAR I, or anyone elsse have any comments about the 320i before I head out tomorrow with intent of buying it.

When I used to buy a used car, sometimes BMW's, I had my mechanic check it out put it up on a lift check compression, brakes, look for leaks, what it might need money wise, brakes tires etc.., I would give him a $50. Worth it, used cars are a huge market. Don't forget if it's sounds like it's to good to be true, then well you know. Good Luck.

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company