maury77

2020 WR thread

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

It’s unreal, legit could be all timer.  I want 2 in the first 3/4 rounds 

I think that has to be the mentality.  This draft sets up so well for the Jets to address their offensive problems.  

• Upvote 1

Tyler Johnson is working today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I want him bad. But thankfully it’s not the end of the world if we don’t get him. There is AGG, Jefferson, Mims, Duvernay, and the list goes on

as much as I want to premier receiver or tackle, I’m prepared to forgo one in lieu of trading back and trying to get some extra day 2 picks. We need to snag a couple of these guys in addition to Oline

4 hours ago, maury77 said:

Tyler Johnson is working today

He looks great imho!

20 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

I think that has to be the mentality.  This draft sets up so well for the Jets to address their offensive problems.  

#all offense offseason

• Like 1

Once they all declare, I plan on doing a Florida recap of who's coming out.  I tend to get asked about Florida prospects this time of year so I figured it would be a good to create a thread.

Just a sneak peak; I like Van Jefferson.  I think he's a chain mover, fluid route runner with great hands who could excel in a Gase like offense in short to intermediate routes.  I'm curious if his father being an assistant for Gase for the last 4 years will influence their feelings as well.  Could be a steal in the 4th/5th round area. 

• Like 1

Once they all declare, I plan on doing a Florida recap of who's coming out.  I tend to get asked about Florida prospects this time of year so I figured it would be a good to create a thread.
Just a sneak peak; I like Van Jefferson.  I think he's a chain mover, fluid route runner with great hands who could excel in a Gase like offense in short to intermediate routes.  I'm curious if his father being an assistant for Gase for the last 4 years will influence their feelings as well.  Could be a steal in the 4th/5th round area. 

Didn’t realize Van was Shawn’s kid

Jerry Jeudy - most of you have seen him a lot, so I'll keep this relatively short. Solid build, looks about 6'1", so he has good height for the position. About as nuanced of a receiver as far as routes and releases that you will see coming out of college, so I expect him to be very good very early on. Extremely elusive after the catch, but is not overly physical and won't break a lot of tackles. Had some issues with drops this year. I think he was, at most, the 3rd best athlete of Bama's receiving corp behind Ruggs and Waddle. High floor prospect, but I'm not sure that he has the dominating physical tools to be a top 5 receiver in the NFL (then again, neither did Antonio Brown). Think of Jeudy as a more elusive Marvin Harrison. 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Jerry Jeudy - most of you have seen him a lot, so I'll keep this relatively short. Solid build, looks about 6'1", so he has good height for the position. About as nuanced of a receiver as far as routes and releases that you will see coming out of college, so I expect him to be very good very early on. Extremely elusive after the catch, but is not overly physical and won't break a lot of tackles. Had some issues with drops this year. I think he was, at most, the 3rd best athlete of Bama's receiving corp behind Ruggs and Waddle. High floor prospect, but I'm not sure that he has the dominating physical tools to be a top 5 receiver in the NFL (then again, neither did Antonio Brown). Think of Jeudy as a more elusive Marvin Harrison. 

That is exactly my thoughts on Jeudy. He's really good but I just don't see a top 5 type of WR because he's not even the most dynamic WR on his own team and he's not that big 50/50 guy. 

• Like 1

On 1/1/2020 at 1:56 PM, Paradis said:

I want him bad. But thankfully it’s not the end of the world if we don’t get him. There is AGG, Jefferson, Mims, Duvernay, and the list goes on

as much as I want to premier receiver or tackle, I’m prepared to forgo one in lieu of trading back and trying to get some extra day 2 picks. We need to snag a couple of these guys in addition to Oline

How far back do you think the Jets could trade and still have a very good shot of landing one of these 4 - Lamb, Jeudy, Higgins, Ruggs?  Have to stay in the top 15?  18?

10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

How far back do you think the Jets could trade and still have a very good shot of landing one of these 4 - Lamb, Jeudy, Higgins, Ruggs?  Have to stay in the top 15?  18?

I don't think anyone can reliably say for sure... if there's a run on a position for example, it will drive other players up the boards... (personally i value Jefferson over Ruggs) but i would hazard a guess that anything under #20 should be safe-ish. Lot of teams need help on Defense. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I don't think anyone can reliably say for sure... if there's a run on a position for example, it will drive other players up the boards... (personally i value Jefferson over Ruggs) but i would hazard a guess that anything under #20 should be safe-ish. Lot of teams need help on Defense. 

And this seems like a thin Defensive Draft, right?  I mean the top is essentially Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons and maybe Delpit....but I could see a 32-pick 1st round only having like 10-14 defenders taken.

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

And this seems like a thin Defensive Draft, right?  I mean the top is essentially Young, Okudah, Brown, Simmons and maybe Delpit....but I could see a 32-pick 1st round only having like 10-14 defenders taken.

Yes, when it’s talent shallow, teams could prioritize getting one the good players before they’re left scrounging. 

• Upvote 1

Ceedee Lamb - I'm going to catch flak here, but I'm a little cooler on Lamb than a lot of people are. Decent height (looks 6'1" to 6'2") and decent frame. Not overly big. Tough and aggressive, good run blocker. Not blazingly fast and I'm interested in his testing numbers. Great hands and you don't see many drops. Best feature is is YAC ability, which might be the best in the class. Strong, relentless and creative with the ball his his hands. That being said, he appears to run a limited route tree at OU, so I don't know how good of a route runner he is. That may delay his development in the pros. Additionally, he doesn't really appear to have an elite athletic trait that he can rely upon at the next level.