2020 WR thread

maury77

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Becton/Wills in rd 1

Duvernay in rd 2

There will be many options in round 2.

I'm hoping for something like this

Rd1 Wills/Wirfs/Thomas possibly Becton or Lamb. Both have All Pro potential but not sure Jets are in position to take a risk on Becton. If he fails Darnold is going to get killed out there. Josh Jones in a trade down scenerio would be great. 

Rd 2 Jefferson/ Aiyuk/ Higgins/Mims/Cushenberry/Peoples-Jones/A.Jackson

Rd 3 D.Arnette/Michael Pittman Jr/Edwards-Helaire/Duvarney/Claypool

Rd 4 G,C,CB,RB, WR if 2 haven't been taken already

BPA rest of draft

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Paradis said:

You're really that sold on Ruggs hey? I'm doing a full sweep with fresh eyes. Next up is Reagor. 

I think he’s capable of doing a lot more than what he did at Bama.  I have ALWAYS been a much bigger fan of the big X receiver high in the draft.  But Ruggs really intrigues me.  He’s way more than just a speed guy.  I think you can line him up all over the place, he is great with the ball in his hands and he snatches the ball naturally with his hands.  Then when you look at his measurables, 4.27, 42” vert, 10 1/8” hands, he has some toughness to his game.  I can’t help but think his floor is incredibly high and his ceiling could be Tyreek Hill like.    Let him work with some NFL coaches on his route running and he’ll become a complete weapon.  He’s a ridiculous athlete.  

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think he’s capable of doing a lot more than what he did at Bama.  I have ALWAYS been a much bigger fan of the big X receiver high in the draft.  But Ruggs really intrigues me.  He’s way more than just a speed guy.  I think you can line him up all over the place, he is great with the ball in his hands and he snatches the ball naturally with his hands.  Then when you look at his measurables, 4.27, 42” vert, 10 1/8” hands, he has some toughness to his game.  I can’t help but think his floor is incredibly high and his ceiling could be Tyreek Hill like.    Let him work with some NFL coaches on his route running and he’ll become a complete weapon.  He’s a ridiculous athlete.  

Didn't you say in this thread a few weeks ago that a buddy of yours who is really close to Alabama thinks that Ruggs is better than Jeudy, and will be a great pro? That he is way,way more than just fast?

1 minute ago, section314 said:

Didn't you say in this thread a few weeks ago that a buddy of yours who is really close to Alabama thinks that Ruggs is better than Jeudy, and will be a great pro? That he is way,way more than just fast?

Yes, and that was from scouts who were evaluating the two.  They said Juedy would run fast, and he did, thought most people would consider Juedy WR1 because he is the most polished of the group.  But, all felt Ruggs will be the best WR of this class 3 years from now.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, sec101row23 said:

Yes, and that was from scouts who were evaluating the two.  They said Juedy would run fast, and he did, thought most people would consider Juedy WR1 because he is the most polished of the group.  But, all felt Ruggs will be the best WR of this class 3 years from now.  

Thanks, I remembered that but I need to make a list now to get 3-4 items at the store for the Mrs.?

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

There will be many options in round 2.

I'm hoping for something like this

Rd1 Wills/Wirfs/Thomas possibly Becton or Lamb. Both have All Pro potential but not sure Jets are in position to take a risk on Becton. If he fails Darnold is going to get killed out there. Josh Jones in a trade down scenerio would be great. 

Rd 2 Jefferson/ Aiyuk/ Higgins/Mims/Cushenberry/Peoples-Jones/A.Jackson

Rd 3 D.Arnette/Michael Pittman Jr/Edwards-Helaire/Duvarney/Claypool

Rd 4 G,C,CB,RB, WR if 2 haven't been taken already

BPA rest of draft

I like Duvernay’s quickness and hands.  He’s also a physical receiver too

Guy caught 106 balls last year I think it was most in the entire country

• Upvote 1

You boys better recognize.... and get on the Claypool train.  It's leaving the station earlier most of you think!  I would take him at 48.  This dude is true sleeper of this draft and 3 years from now could be the best receiver from this draft.  6'5 238 running 4.43?   Sign me up!  He also was a very productive receiver who plays with a mean streak.  He will be problem for DBs and a true match up nightmare. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/10/2020 at 11:49 AM, Paradis said:

Don't think Boldin's a great comparison. Brandon Marshall is much better. 

I don't know where these "hot takes" on AGG's speed are coming from - but i'm not worried. He doesn't rely on speed for separation. Marshall ran 4.5s... which is about what i would hope for... If he flunks the measurables across the board, then the Dwayne Jarrett concerns will start. 

AGG didn't flunk the measurables, but didn't get into the 4.5s either.  Where do you see him ending up?  

Also, what was up with Reagor.  People were disappointed with the 4.47, but I am more worried about the 3 cone? Did he really run 7.31?  That is super slow for a return type guy, but his broad was awesome.   

2 hours ago, JetBlue said:

You boys better recognize.... and get on the Claypool train.  It's leaving the station earlier most of you think!  I would take him at 48.  This dude is true sleeper of this draft and 3 years from now could be the best receiver from this draft.  6'5 238 running 4.43?   Sign me up!  He also was a very productive receiver who plays with a mean streak.  He will be problem for DBs and a true match up nightmare. 

we've been on board, a year and half ago :)

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

On 3/17/2020 at 9:56 PM, JetBlue said:

Jets interviewed Claypool

I think JD’s strategy is to go with whatever  LT drops to 11 and go WR heavy in rounds 2-3 with our 3 picks there and get a combo of Claypool, Duvernay and Mims

if we don’t resign Robby a combo of Claypool, Duvernay and Mims gets the job done

• Upvote 2

On 3/18/2020 at 12:07 AM, Paradis said:

we've been on board, a year and half ago :)

I think you misunderstood. My point is he may go as early as the second round; I see guys mocking him to be available in the 3rd and even 4th round and after his combine I seriously doubt he will last that long. 

• Sympathy 1

On 3/17/2020 at 11:26 PM, #27TheDominator said:

AGG didn't flunk the measurables, but didn't get into the 4.5s either.  Where do you see him ending up?  

Also, what was up with Reagor.  People were disappointed with the 4.47, but I am more worried about the 3 cone? Did he really run 7.31?  That is super slow for a return type guy, but his broad was awesome.   

If we miss out on Claypool and he is there in the 3rd, I'm taking him or Pittman Jr. 

On 3/19/2020 at 9:41 AM, Philc1 said:

I think JD’s strategy is to go with whatever  LT drops to 11 and go WR heavy in rounds 2-3 with our 3 picks there and get a combo of Claypool, Duvernay and Mims

if we don’t resign Robby a combo of Claypool, Duvernay and Mims gets the job done

If we were to come out of this draft with those three players, this would be a successful draft no matter what else we did.   Btw, Josh Jones may be best remaining OT on the board at 11. 

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, JetBlue said:

If we were to come out of this draft with those three players, this would be a successful draft no matter what else we did.   Btw, Josh Jones may be best remaining OT on the board at 11. 

I think one of the Big 4 fall to 11

23 hours ago, JetBlue said:

Do you think he will last to our first pick in the 3rd round?  I have a feeling somebody might take him before we pick.

Take Claypool at 48 and go after Duvernay in rd 3 who will be underrated because idiots will say he’s just a slot receiver 

• Sympathy 1

10 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm sure he's been discussed in this thread and I'm sure some people aren't fans, but I am starting to get a feeling Shenault will be available at 48, which I never would have thought was realistic 2 months ago.  I for one would do cartwheels.

His injury history has to be a concern.  He just had surgery to repair a core muscle, had surgeries on his shoulders and toes. He’s way too much of a question mark for me to draft at 48.   

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

His injury history has to be a concern.  He just had surgery to repair a core muscle, had surgeries on his shoulders and toes. He’s way too much of a question mark for me to draft at 48.   

That's fair.  I think you could say most people in that range have some sort of red flag.  I think he's a high end talent if he stays healthy.  Big if though obviously.

Fair point though.  If WR is one of the first 2 picks, Jets absolutely cannot afford to whiff on it.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's fair.  I think you could say most people in that range have some sort of red flag.  I think he's a high end talent if he stays healthy.  Big if though obviously.

Fair point though.  If WR is one of the first 2 picks, Jets absolutely cannot afford to whiff on it.

I think Shenault is more of a luxury pick at this point.  Maybe a team like the Chiefs can afford to draft and stash him for a little while.   For the Jets however, they just aren’t in a position to take risks like that.   With the way things are going during this pre draft process, with teams having virtually no contact or meetings with players in person, I could Shenault falling even farther than 48.  

On 3/25/2020 at 9:00 PM, HawkeyeJet said:

I'm sure he's been discussed in this thread and I'm sure some people aren't fans, but I am starting to get a feeling Shenault will be available at 48, which I never would have thought was realistic 2 months ago.  I for one would do cartwheels.

He’d be a dream at 48. His injury around the combine is the only shot we have.

Crazy compared to a year ago that Tee Higgins could possibly be there

The guys who keeps popping up on mocks that seems more realistic is Aiyuk. 

What’s the thought on Aiyuk? Aiyuk vs Claypool vs Reagor vs Higgins

I’d love to see personal rankings of these guys if anyone has them on these guys 

We seriously can’t **** up this draft. I’m just bracing myself to see “CB from blah blah blah” pop up as a high jets pick. I’ll lose my sh*t if I see that this year

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Who will be the 5th WR taken off the board? The general consensus seems Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs, Jefferson are the top 4. Who do you guys think will go 5th?

I wouldn't be surprised if Mims and Higgins go before Jefferson. Not likely but anything is possible depending on what certain types of WR's teams are looking for. Mims and Higgins stand out IMO if you're looking for that big body guy.

• Upvote 3