So I Just Asked Damien Woody

8 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

Over on Twitter Per: Le'Veon Bell If he had ever seen a worse job of run blocking for a player in all his years of watching the NFL and his answer was a simple "No." I agree, over 50 years of watching this game and I never saw what I saw from the worst offensive line in history, the 2019 Jets' OL. I swear to me it almost seemed like it was intentional. 

It's a testament to great coaching that we figured out a way to end the year 6-2.

SAR I

• Upvote 5
  • Thumb Down 12
  • WTF? 1

4 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Woody is one of my favorite follows on Twitter and by far my favorite Jets follow.

Every struggle related to the offense can be linked back to the OL first and foremost.  Can't block run, so teams don't have to honor it Can't run limits effectiveness of PA.  Don't have to honor the run, pin your ears back and rush the QB.  Can't pass block to begin with, so now at even a bigger disadvantage when throwing.  Can't throw down field because can't protect long enough to do it.  Viscious circle.

Exactly Hawk. We need a new O-line and a Strength and Conditioning coach and is it Gase who was calling the plays or did they use an OC, because last or next-t-last in offense is not acceptable.

• Upvote 1

It was a disaster of Biblical proportions, no doubt

Someone said on the broadcast that 11 different players started on the OL this year and at least 2 players started at each position during the season

So much of OL play is communication and just working together - that's why I don't think we need 5 new offensive linemen - if we can bring in even 2 really good new OLs, resign Bechuqm and Lewis,  and get the same 5 guys to stay healthy, we should be much improved next year

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Someone said on the broadcast that 11 different players started on the OL this year and at least 2 players started at each position during the season

So much of OL play is communication and just working together - that's why I don't think we need 5 new offensive linemen - if we can bring in even 2 really good new OLs, resign Bechuqm and Lewis,  and get the same 5 guys to stay healthy, we should be much improved next year

It was amazing how our W's and L's were tied to Beachum the back half of the season.  I think he's going to be okay.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Greg Williams is the Roger Waters of the NFL.  He's so opinionated and ego driven that people forget he's a genius.  There was such a fallout after Bounty Gate and Cleveland people figured he'd be scampering off to the Jets with his career in tatters.  No.  Once hes in his element there are few who are better. Same with Waters.  Once you get him to shutup and get past the ego... "Wow!  He's a genius."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

Greg Williams is the Roger Waters of the NFL.  He's so opinionated and ego driven that people forget hes a genius.  There was such a fallout after Bountygate and Cleveland people figured he'd be scampering off to the Jets with his career in tatters.  No.  Once hes in his element there are few who are better. Same with Waters.  Once you get him to ahutup and get past the eho... "Wow!  He's a genius."

moving pink floyd GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

So true.  Continuity on the line is huge.  Which is scary about next season a bit.  You’re hypothetically breaking in a brand new line with dudes who have never played together. 

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Yeah I don't like the oc. Wish they had an older guy with more experience there. Not sure how they can bring back Pollack. Need a change there as well.

Gase is the OC in every way but name, let's be real.

All those bottom of NFL Offensive rankings, Gase personally owns those.  His coffee boy OC is not the Man.

• Upvote 2

On 1/1/2020 at 11:20 AM, SoFlaJets said:

Over on Twitter Per: Le'Veon Bell If he had ever seen a worse job of run blocking for a player in all his years of watching the NFL and his answer was a simple "No." I agree, over 50 years of watching this game and I never saw what I saw from the worst offensive line in history, the 2019 Jets' OL. I swear to me it almost seemed like it was intentional. 

Thank you!!

This is why it is utterly PREPOSTEROUS for us to be getting rid of a HOF player in Bell because an average HC at BEST (yet) says he can't use him!

It is amazing that the Jets are even contemplating a dumb move like that!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

As a Hindu I am suppose to buttfumble this post

I used to work at Blockbuster when that movie came out on video.  We got little plastic figurines of that cow to sell making this gurgling sound.  I am a pretty salty guy but even I thought that was a really creepy souvenir to hock for a movie.  It's not like the horse in National Lampoon's Animal House where all you see is a freeze frame and then hear a thud.

37 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

The only "great" coaching I saw from the 2019 Jets was from Greg Williams and his staff. What they did with that ragtag group of late-rounders and UDFA's was nothing short of, well... miraculous is too strong of a word, but you get what I mean.

Gase's offense truly sucked.  In every possible way.  Injuries and bad personnel of course are a heavy influence, but that's not the only reason.  It's Gase too.  I'll give him one more year in my mind because of all those reas-cuses mentioned before. 

I was rewinding thru some of the games yesterday and today.  His play calling is atrocious.  Almost always, with rare exceptions.  He doesn't utilize his assets correctly (just like in Miami, BTW) And it is a different kind of bad from what we had with Schottenheimer or Hackett.  I also watched Bell.   People blaming Bell for it all are talking out of their asses.  Bell needs a new line to do what he does best... that is true.  But Gase didn't use him as a pass catcher, which was entirely plausible and possible this season, but NEVER employed early on and rarely later.  Gase's offensive plan took away half of Bell's game.  He could very well be bat-sht crazy.  Sorry. 

• Upvote 3

59 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Woody is one of my favorite follows on Twitter and by far my favorite Jets follow.

Every struggle related to the offense can be linked back to the OL first and foremost.  Can't block run, so teams don't have to honor it. Can't run limits effectiveness of PA.  Don't have to honor the run, pin your ears back and rush the QB.  Can't pass block to begin with, so now at even a bigger disadvantage when throwing.  Can't throw down field because can't protect long enough to do it.  Viscious circle.

Wait, context matters?

well done good job GIF

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You better hope this is true and you're  not just pushing buttons. The schedule  next season is brutal. 

Might be facing the 2 teams in the SB either way you are spot on.  I was thinking the same thing.  The schedule will be relentless.  Joe D has to get this OL straightened out.  

1 hour ago, SoFlaJets said:

How incredible of a coach must Gase be to intentionally sabotage his running game, inherit an awful roster from Mac and still finish 6-2?

Thanks for proving how brilliant Gase is as a coach!

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1