Browns Were A Mess

18 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL

JetNation. The place for Browns talk, and all things football.

You know whose fault that is, right?  

Time to round up the usual suspects.  You wait right here for one moment while I go get the Villain.  The you can genuflect and we can start the pre-trial proceedings.  Email sent to Chief Justice Roberts. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 4

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

You know whose fault that is, right?  

Time to round up the usual suspects.  You wait right here for one moment while I go get the Villain.  The you can genuflect and we can start the pre-trial proceedings.  Email sent to Chief Justice Roberts. 

You really think Villain is the guy starting all these Browns/Mayfield threads?

btw Happy New Year my friend.

Interesting point on team's with defacto OC head coaches that bring in legit OCs. 

Personally, I'd love for Gase to bring in an OC on game day even if, as Bart Scott has suggested, it's someone like Bill Callahan to focus on execution on game day. 

But I wonder if that would lead to infighting as it did with Kitchens and Monken. 

• Upvote 1

If this is true I think Monken will have a hard time getting another job as an assistant. I wouldn’t want him on my staff if he talks about things that should stay Within the organization He isn’t trustworthy in my opinion 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Why is there so Much focus on the Browns/Mayfield? I admit I’m not unhappy they imploded after all that hype but honestly who cares.  My main focus is on the Jets, I don’t take in any serious thought about other teams or their problems

Happy New Year 723

I keep telling you why they do it, but you don't believe me.

If Darnold had performed the way they said he would the last two years, nobody here would care about Mayfield or the Browns.

They're all in on Sam, but disappointed with the way things are going so far. Mayfield flew out of the gate last year, and that bothered them, so they started taking every shot they can at him and the Browns to make themselves feel better about Sam and the Jets.  

• Thumb Down 1

28 minutes ago, CSNY said:

If this is true I think Monken will have a hard time getting another job as an assistant. I wouldn’t want him on my staff if he talks about things that should stay Within the organization He isn’t trustworthy in my opinion 

This is my thought, too. I was interested in him last year, and would love to see Gase hire a new, qualified OC under him, but I think I’d pass on Monken with these revelations. 

39 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Happy New Year 723

If Darnold had performed the way they said he would the last two years, nobody here would care about Mayfield or the Browns.

They're all in on Sam, but disappointed with the way things are going so far. Mayfield flew out of the gate last year, and that bothered them, so they started taking every shot they can at him and the Browns to make themselves feel better about Sam and the Jets.  

There’s a reason for this.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Why is there so Much focus on the Browns/Mayfield? I admit I’m not unhappy they imploded after all that hype but honestly who cares.  My main focus is on the Jets, I don’t take in any serious thought about other teams or their problems

It's  the offseason and the draft is months away. Chill

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Happy New Year 723

Let’s not turn this into Sam vs Baker.  You are kind of doing the same thing essentially 

• Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Happy New Year 723

Since you are makong this more about Mayfield and less about the Browns organization, Monken in particular  who a lot of people here wanted as HC before Gase was selected, I couldn't  be happier to have Darnold over Mayfield right now. Mayfield came our strong thanks to beating up on a bunch of teams tlwith losing records. This uear he emploded. Sam has not taken any steps forward, mabe even regressed a but at least he didn't  do it on a team loaded with talent.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

LOL

JetNation. The place for Browns talk, and all things football.

As the AFC's two teams most associated with long-term dysfunction the Jets and Browns are inexorably linked for a variety of reasons (frequent GM and HC turnover, similar subpar in-season performances and records, the only two teams to lose to the Bengals this year, Gregg Williams going from CLE to NYJ, the Mayfield-Darnold draft, etc.).  I'm not surprised that Browns talk is fairly frequent here and I don't really have a problem with it.  In fact, with how often our own fans crap on the Jets it's kinda nice to see a team that is easily a much bigger train wreck than we are right now.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, 14 in Green said:

Happy New Year 723

That’s a cool story. The disappointed thing in Sam is fair. We all like/need to see more regardless of the myriad of reasons that people have given why it hasn’t happen yet.

Baker is a big mouth self promoting man baby Who has  almost has as many commercials on TV than he does TDS on the field this year. He earns all the vehement he gets and that’s on him. He also has his diehards but adversity always thins the herd. Nobody needs Sam Darnold’s as an excuse to find Mayfield repugnant. Some may, but not as many as you allude to. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 2

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

As the AFC's two teams most associated with long-term dysfunction the Jets and Browns are inexorably linked for a variety of reasons (frequent GM and HC turnover, similar subpar in-season performances and records, the only two teams to lose to the Bengals this year, Gregg Williams going from CLE to NYJ, the Mayfield-Darnold draft, etc.).  I'm not surprised that Browns talk is fairly frequent here and I don't really have a problem with it.  In fact, with how often our own fans crap on the Jets it's kinda nice to see a team that is easily a much bigger train wreck than we are right now.

Both organizations were actually entering the coaching carouse in a favorable spot last year for a change, and completely botched the hire. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

Wonder what horror stories will come out this off season about I'm rich bitch Gase

Nothing. 

Because our team didnt fire their head coach and their GM, after finishing 6-10 with one of the most talented rosters in the last 10 years. 

-Players wont leak much, because they have a massive talent deficiency that translated to poor play on the field. So they dont have room to talk. 

-Coaches wont leak much, because so far everyone is being retained. Not to mention, again, half of them dont have room to talk either. 

Only thing you're going to get this offseason is traded players that are butthurt about being traded running mouths, and Manish making sh*t up. 

Think you would talk sh*t about messes your boss makes if you knew fully well that you contributed to those messes? 

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, King P said:

I'm honesty tired of hearing about Cleveland and Mayfield. And I like Baker too. But I'm sick of hearing about the disfunction of a historically irrelevant team who had a worse season than us

So don't open a thread clearly about a topic you're tired of hearing about.

No one forced you, twisted your arm

• Upvote 1