New Year’s Day Bowl Games Thread

T0mShane

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  He’s played like this all year though.  I’d never touch him in the top 10.  

Yup. Dink and dunk one read QB all year, or at least every time I watched him.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Does he even have 100 yards passing? I like a qb that can throw the ball.

No. But they also have only had the ball 17 minutes the whole game due to great field position. Not really on him. 

Kid has played great his entire career. Is he elite? No. Is he Russell Wilson? No. Is he Mike Glennon? No. 

But he is worthy of being a 1st round pick for sure. 

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

No. But they also have only had the ball 17 minutes the whole game due to great field position. Not really on him. 

The only reason they've only had the ball for such a short time is because Herbert sucks and can't get a first down. Still under 100 yards passing with 4 minutes left. That's putrid.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Skeet Ulrich said:

Herbert looks the part(6'6", 235) but I'm not sure there are any GMs out there THAT stupid.

Save this post. I promise you, hes going top 15. 

He can throw it, has legs, and he is gigantic. Someone is picking him early. 

Is he clutch or neccesarily an NFL QB? Maybe maybe not. But he does check all the boxes. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

The only reason they've only had the ball for such a short time is because Herbert sucks and can't get a first down. Still under 100 yards passing with 4 minutes left. That's putrid.

Such a simplistic view of things. 

It's not always on the QB. He just threw a clutch pass for first down to his TE and dude dropped it wide open. 

2 minutes ago, JTJet said:

Is he clutch or neccesarily an NFL QB? Maybe maybe not. But he does check all the boxes. 

If he’s not necessarily an NFL QB, then how he can he check all the boxes?  That doesn’t make sense.  

1 minute ago, JTJet said:

Such a simplistic view of things. 

It's not always on the QB. He just threw a clutch pass for first down to his TE and dude dropped it wide open. 

I've watched him all year, not just today, and he's been bad just about every time. If he wasn't tall with a strong arm no one would even mention him.

4 minutes ago, RobR said:

And that first down pass in traffic probably secured the W.

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

If he’s not necessarily an NFL QB, then how he can he check all the boxes?  That doesn’t make sense.  

I didnt say that. 

I said maybe he is, maybe he isnt. We dont know yet, BUT he checks every box you want. 

Bears traded up for Trubisky. Baker Mayfield went #1 overall. Tim Tebow was drafted first round. Herbert going top 15 just shows the desperation for QB’s. He is not an NFL caliber QB.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Good grief people.  It's not that far out of the realm of possibility someone falls in love with Herbert and he goes high.  Doesn't make it right or mean anyone has to agree.  The following QBs were 1st Round picks this past decade.  If they can, he can.

Tim Tebow, Christian Ponder, Blaine Gabbert, Jake Locker, Brandon Weeden, EJ Manuel, Paxton Lynch.  There are others that also look very bad in hindsight, but that's just the worst of the worse.

5 minutes ago, RobR said:

Doesn't change the fact that he played like crap yet again today.

He did not. 

29-12 as a starter. Big kid. Good kid. Mobile. 

10,000 Yards 95 TDs 22 INTs 

He literally played the exact opposite of crap in his career, including this year. 

20200101_204126.jpg

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, heymangold said:

Everyone gonna jump off the Rhule train when my Bulldogs wreck Baylor?

I'm half praying Rhule gets trounced. Just to shut the mouths on here up. 

However, your team is beat the **** up going into this game lol. Good luck though! I am rooting for Georgia. 

Just now, heymangold said:

As for Herbert, he would have potentially been the first qb drafted last year, I doubt he’s fallen off too far from the top this year.  He had a great season, a team that won the rose bowl and is a 4 yr starter.  He’s going to the Chargers in the 1st I bet.

Good fit. He is a local kid. I think that would work very well.