Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson?

Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson ?   

86 members have voted

1. 1. Vyncint Smith or Robbie Anderson ?

• Jets should resign Robbie Anderson because of his steady development and chemistry with Sam Darnald
    • Jets should continue to develop Vyncint Smith to replace Robbie Anderson and spend the money at other positions

6 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Pardon the confusion.

Should we resign Robby Anderson or let Anderson walk, choose to use that money elsewhere and develop Vyncint Smith to a bigger role to fill Robby's role? 

And again, why cant we resign Robbie and develop Smith to be his replacement if need be without leaving a void

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Did you watch them together last 6-7 games of the season?  Robby and Sam were very effective together on crossing routes

Sam was also effective with Demaryius on crossing routes. I'm just saying that Sam would be more compatible with a WR that is a good short to intermediate route runner and can make contested catches based on what he is good at as a passer right now which isn't really Robby's strengths.

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, Losmeister said:

he'll have better #s as soon as he gets a QB who doesnt routinely miss him deep.

but, yeah. not elusive...   but he can certainly run away from anybody in the league.

his #s are capped by poor QB play.

An undrafted WR who is known for not running good routes, but his numbers are down because the QB “routinely” misses him deep. Ok. 

Don't sneeze too hard or you'll blow Robbie out of bounds. Seriously Robbie is an average #2 receiver or a good #3. If you pay him big bucks your bound to be disappointed. He is a bit more durable than some other receiver on the Jets that got paid this past offseason though. Jets probably paid the wrong guy and now we might pay the consequences of paying the man with the glass neck.

I don't  think we would miss either one. Anderson doesn't  make enough plays and Smith is a 4 or 5. I don't  see either as a needed player. Yes, Anderson is good for running down the field and taking the top of the D which opens the middle but apparently  we weren't  able to take advantage of that too much or Crowder should have had a career year.  Also, Anderson just does some boneheaded things.  I have seen him just running away from plays while Sam is scrambling looking for a place to throw. We need smarter players

I’m not sure where this comes from. That TD against the Steelers with joe Haden and the safety Draped all over him was spectacular. Most of our big plays were to Robbie Anderson.
The way I see it is that we had a 5 game stretch where Sam wasn’t playing. Game one he already had mono and everyone noticed that he looked off.
Sam took time to come back too even though he looked good in the Dallas game.

Robbies numbers were not what they could have been this year but this team was a dumpster fire the first half of the year. Not his fault. The WR is dependent on the QB who is dependent on the OL.

I’m 100% for bringing Robbie back and I am
Hoping they can work it out. I’d pay the man. Even if we draft a #1 WR, he will be on his rookie contract while we pay Robbie.

That said, I am hoping that JD can ultimately met guys like Robbie go when they want to get paid with a younger guy waiting to fill the roll ala the Steelers or Pats. I just don’t know if we’re there yet with Smith.
Let’s pay Robbie

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

7 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

And again, why cant we resign Robbie and develop Smith to be his replacement if need be without leaving a void

My thought process is that we have X amount to spend this off season. Based on the current NFL market, it would cost the Jets somewhere from 10-15 mil per year for Robby. Knowing what we know about his ability up until this point and trying to project his continued progress, is it worth it? Or would it be better to elevate Vyncint Smith's role on the field and spend the money on an extra player in FA which we would not be able to do if we spend it on Robby, 

2 hours ago, Copernicus said:

My thought process is that we have X amount to spend this off season. Based on the current NFL market, it would cost the Jets somewhere from 10-15 mil per year for Robby. Knowing what we know about his ability up until this point and trying to project his continued progress, is it worth it? Or would it be better to elevate Vyncint Smith's role on the field and spend the money on an extra player in FA which we would not be able to do if we spend it on Robby, 

We are nowhere near cap limits.  Its not a case where we would be limited by shelling out $15 mil over the 2 or 3 years of cap commitments his deal would be.  He might get that money but hes not getting long term guarantees.  It still comes down to who are we going to replace whatever he brings to the team now?  

If you don't like him fine.  If you dolt think hes worth the money on its own fine.  But lets not into a case where his deal would limit what the team limitations due to signing him.  Thats all.

2 hours ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m not sure where this comes from. That TD against the Steelers with joe Haden and the safety Draped all over him was spectacular. Most of our big plays were to Robbie Anderson.
The way I see it is that we had a 5 game stretch where Sam wasn’t playing. Game one he already had mono and everyone noticed that he looked off.
Sam took time to come back too even though he looked good in the Dallas game.

Robbies numbers were not what they could have been this year but this team was a dumpster fire the first half of the year. Not his fault. The WR is dependent on the QB who is dependent on the OL.

I’m 100% for bringing Robbie back and I am
Hoping they can work it out. I’d pay the man. Even if we draft a #1 WR, he will be on his rookie contract while we pay Robbie.

That said, I am hoping that JD can ultimately met guys like Robbie go when they want to get paid with a younger guy waiting to fill the roll ala the Steelers or Pats. I just don’t know if we’re there yet with Smith.
Let’s pay Robbie

There ia no denying  Anderson has big play ability but he is not Tyreke  Hill. That is a guy that has speed and does everything. You hit Hill on a slant or cross and he turns it up field. Hit Anderson on the same route and he runs out of bounds. I would like to keep Anderson but for the money he wants, he doesn't  do enough. 

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

This isn't a one or the other proposition. It's completely possible the Jets could end up having both in 2020. 

Yes, I understand but not necessarily my point. Do you think Robby Anderson is worth 10-15 million a year when that money could be spent elsewhere? Do you think Vyncint Smith is capable of elevating his game to  Robby Anderson (and beyond) so that the Jets can spend their money at another position of need? 

Joe Douglas won't re-sign Robby, and I don't expect Quincy Enunwa back either due to spinal stenosis.  We'll add a number one and number two receiver using the draft and/or free agency. In my opinion Douglas will go for the true number one receiver in the draft, and get a complimentary piece in free agency...Nelson Agholor or Breshad Perriman.

I hate polls like these, because there aren't only 2 answers here.

I don't want to sign Robby at his projected market value.  However, I don't trust that Vyncint Smith is "the answer" at all at the WR1 or WR2 slots.  He's a lottery ticket at the moment.  We need to operate this offseason like we don't have a WR1 OR WR2.  

This reminds me of when fans here wanted to anoint Blessuan Austin as the CB1 after a few nice games.  Then he started looking like a CB4.  

It's not "Robby vs Vyncint".  It's Robby vs. the market, and Vyncint vs. the 2020 class of rookie and free agent WR's.  

There ia no denying  Anderson has big play ability but he is not Tyreke  Hill. That is a guy that has speed and does everything. You hit Hill on a slant or cross and he turns it up field. Hit Anderson on the same route and he runs out of bounds. I would like to keep Anderson but for the money he wants, he doesn't  do enough. 

As many state in these conversations, Anderson is not really a number 1 WR. He may keep trying to be one and that’s great, but he will most likely never be Tyreke Hill. That’s fine. We are still talking about adding another WR to fill the Hill type of roll.
That doesn’t really remove the value Anderson possesses.
I think he is still ascending too. He’s not capped out yet imo. It would be great if we could retain him and add another through the draft.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, Welp said:

Sam was also effective with Demaryius on crossing routes. I'm just saying that Sam would be more compatible with a WR that is a good short to intermediate route runner and can make contested catches based on what he is good at as a passer right now which isn't really Robby's strengths.

Demariyus is still effective at boxing out for 50/50 balls but he has no game speed left Robby has game speed and it’s not like every positive play he made was a 50 yard bomb on a go route

2 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas won't re-sign Robby, and I don't expect Quincy Enunwa back either due to spinal stenosis.  We'll add a number one and number two receiver using the draft and/or free agency. In my opinion Douglas will go for the true number one receiver in the draft, and get a complimentary piece in free agency...Nelson Agholor or Breshad Perriman.

Agholor sucks dik

Perriman had a surprisingly good year but will want big money