You worst recent draft endorsement ...

Dunnie

I know this is done every year ... But it's fun all the same to see the self declared experts fail .... What is your most recent failed draft endorsement ? By recent I mean last five years. No Blair Thomas selections etc ...

I'll start by saying I was a huge fan of drafting the next Great White Hope .... Mr Chad Hansen.

Hey ... Nobody is perfect...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

Jets wise, I would have to go Calvin Pryor.  Jamal Adams is everything I thought Calvin was going to be.

NFL in general, and its still a little way's back, but I would probably say either Colt McCoy-I thought he was going to be an absolute Stud at the NFL level or more recently Kevin White-jut never could escape the injury bug.

• Upvote 1

Jets: Leo - while redundant, I was doing backflips over the pick. I believed the hype. 

NFL:  Teez Tabor - he was dominant at Florida and I thought despite a lack of speed, he'd still be able to lock down WR's with technique, physicality and play recognition ala Richard Sherman.  I was wrong.

Otherwise, my record speak for itself and is pretty much spotless.  You'd have to go back to Coples for my last ugly swing an miss.

I hate the Quinnen Williams pick, literally almost dropped to my knees and cursed the football gods and Maccagnan, but on the next day i was ecstatic we finally drafted the pass rushing threat i hoped Polite would turn into.

Little did i know at the time Polite was a worse pick than Quinnen.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Thought Rosen was going to be great. Liked Rosen/ Josh Allen / Darnold / Jackson and Mayfield in that order. Thought Vernon Gholston  was going to be a beast 
And for all you old timers I also thought Onzy Elam was going to be great as well. Guess I should stay away from picking edge pass rushers 

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Stephen Hill.  Loved the pick.  Speed, size, hands (or so I thought).  Killed it at the combine.  Even loved his first game where he caught 2 TDs against Buffalo.  But that was his peak.  All down Hill after that.

Me too.  This guy, as much as anybody, really drove home that you should go with college performance over measurables every time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Hey ... Nobody is perfect...

Wanna bet.? 

I can't think of much in the way of recent "wow, got that wildly wrong" when it comes to the Jets horrible drafting. 

Being a dedicated doubter and a cynic pays off as a Jets Fan, sadly. ☹️

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Gotta be alot of us who say josh Rosen or Paxton lynch i think. Atleast if we are being honest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

I thought Rosen.

I was #1 on Baker, then Rosen.   I felt a guy who turned the ball over a lot in college would keep doing it, and a guy who wasn't accurate (Allen) would stay inacurrate.

15 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

I’ve only ever been wrong on one eval and that was Matt Leinart. Granted, he flopped because of work ethic, but it’s still the *lone* black mark on my record. 

I think most 1st rounders flop due to work ethic, or just a bad situation.

To be a 1st rounder, you have to have a level of athleticism, after that it is who works after they start getting paid.