You worst recent draft endorsement ...

Dunnie

7 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Enunwa. Injuries aside he’s shown he’s a player. I didn’t want him. Wasn’t even convinced he’d make the team as a rookie. 

I liked the Enunwa pick.  He went off against the Dawgs in a Bowl game, which got me to watching some tape of his in that offseason.  I thought he was a steal in the 6th.  Solid pick, too bad he couldn't stay healthy.

• Upvote 2

Aside from Darnold, I have hated every Jets 1st rounder since Sanchez. Ive been screaming O line since around 2012.

Beyond that, I pretty much hated almost all of their picks. Either nonsensical or trying to be clever by half, and failing. 

I think Wesco might be a solid role player, though. And I hope Bless Austin doesn't break. He looked decent. 

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, Saul Goodman said:

One more Josh Rosen fan here. Wonder what might’ve happened had he gone to an organization like the Patriots, but it’s looking like he’ll be out of the league on his own merit. 

I said from the beginning he wouldn't last long. But I thought Mahomes was overdrafted, so who knows. LOL. 

4 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

Gotta be alot of us who say josh Rosen or Paxton lynch i think. Atleast if we are being honest.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

Yup, in the last 10 years my record has be strong.. even more so looking at players i thought would bust... 

but i thought Rosen was a slam dunk and it's like he gave up trying to reach his potential... I was enamored with Lynch's physical ability and his arm talent... what i didn't know was how stupid and uninvested he was in football. 

But in yours (and my) defense; NFL teams thought Rosen and Lynch were the real deal as well. That's different than thinking Rudolph is a Rnd 1 franchise QB... who some here were trying to sell him as. 

4 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I was all in on Rosen

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Ditto. Darnold didn’t even enter my mind.

On the flip side I was all in on [black] Josh Allen over Quinnen last year and am obviously even more disgusted today. 

• Sympathy 1

19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yup, in the last 10 years my record has been darn near flawless... even more so looking at players i thought would bust... 

Don't make me start a list. You've missed on a TON of players over the years that it's too hard to count.

But, and of course there is a but, no one throws out as many names and sleepers as you do so it's inevitable that there are going to be misses. Some posters never throw out one name before the process and then pat themselves on the back. Others throw out a bunch of names before the process and have their share of hits and misses. And then we have you who might throw out a hundred names a year and for that I give you a ton of credit, just don't tell me you're flawless. No one can be with the amount of players you bring up.

The real truth is that there are at least a dozen or more posters that could draft better than the Jets.....and I'm talking real time as the draft is unfolding. No hindsight needed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

to be fair to this thread and its posters though -- there's a difference between not feeling comfortable with someone and being outright wrong...

I admit, I didn't feel comfortable with Watson or Mahomes... I wasn't sure how much of their game would translate. 1/2 of PM's tape at Texas Tech was completely useless for NFL evaluation... and i'm not a QB coach. I don't fcking know if he's gonna make it..

That's a different stance to take, than for example thinking Trubisky is trash. he had a fast release but otherwise didn't show anything to me that suggested he could compete with touch/timing/anticipation/vision

9 minutes ago, RobR said:

Don't make me start a list. You've missed on a TON of players over the years that it's too hard to count.

But, and of course there is a but, no one throws out as many names and sleepers as you do so it's inevitable that there are going to be misses. Some posters never throw out one name before the process and then pat themselves on the back. Others throw out a bunch of names before the process and have their share of hits and misses. And then we have you who might throw out a hundred names a year and for that I give you a ton of credit, just don't tell me you're flawless. No one can be with the amount of players you bring up.

The real truth is that there are at least a dozen or more posters that could draft better than the Jets.....and I'm talking real time as the draft is unfolding. No hindsight needed.

I'm referring more so to those 3-4 players every year that one loves... of course when i try to put top 10 position rankings... like some of those guys will suck... For example i had (infamously in your books) E. Flowers as the best tackle that year... i didn't personally feel any attachment to him, or anything but "if i had to pick someone..." type thing. 

*there, i changed it to say - strong record. Don't crucify me. 

• Upvote 1

As good of a list is the annual 'DO NOT WANT' list we have in the draft forum each year before the draft.

The last few years Mac always promptly picked a guy I had on that list. 

Q Williams, Lee, Hackenburg

For all of our collective foibles and errors, there is zero doubt in y mind that anyone of a dozen people on this site would have drafted far better than Mac or Idzik

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Untouchable said:

The biggest one I always come back to within the last 10 years is Chance Warmack.

I thought he was Larry Allen 2.0

In reality, he’s had a career on par with a guy like Vlad Ducasse.

Him and Cooper, remember the debates of whether drafting a guard that high was worth it or not.  

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yup, in the last 10 years my record has be strong.. even more so looking at players i thought would bust... 

but i thought Rosen was a slam dunk and it's like he gave up trying to reach his potential... I was enamored with Lynch's physical ability and his arm talent... what i didn't know was how stupid and uninvested he was in football. 

But in yours (and my) defense; NFL teams thought Rosen and Lynch were the real deal as well. That's different than thinking Rudolph is a Rnd 1 franchise QB... who some here were trying to sell him as. 

Paxton Lynch was a force pick by a desperate team, if there was any half decent QB prospects in that draft (there was but the police ****ed him with a bogus DUI) Lynch is a 2nd rounder at best.

12 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Yup.  I wrong about Amaro, but was dead on accurate about Pryor being a bust well before that draft. 

I was wrong on amaro too, i didnt like trading up for him, but i thought he could be a real weapon.  A big thing i love when evaluating a prospect is production.  I never would have imagine a guy that caught 100 balls could come to the nfl and barely catch ANYTHING.  It was unfathomable to me.  It's hard to think on the spot of guys ive missed on because most of them I dont post on here its conversations ive had with people through message or something, i know ive missed on some good ones though for sure.  

5 hours ago, RobR said:

Selective amnesia on Polite?

I never endorsed the Polite pick.  I said it was a terrible pick the moment it happened.  I came to his support when people were saying to cut him 2 weeks into the preseason because I thought maybe the athlete Grantham said he coached (comparing him to Ware and Houston) and the Gator we had would come out and that it was silly to not give it a chance.  Never ever said he would be a good player.  Never.

and my response to why I laughed out loud... 

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I never endorsed the Polite pick.  I said it was a terrible pick the moment it happened.  I came to his support when people were saying to cut him 2 weeks into the preseason because I thought maybe the athlete Grantham said he coached (comparing him to Ware and Houston) and the Gator we had would come out and that it was silly to not give it a chance.  Never ever said he would be a good player.  Never.

and my response to why I laughed out loud... 

I honestly thought you liked the pick considering how much you were defending it in other threads. 

1 hour ago, RobR said:

I honestly thought you liked the pick considering how much you were defending it in other threads. 

I could get that, I was defending him quite a bit but I think it was both hope he'd become what I watched in college and just shocked everyone was ready to give up after a preseason game. 

• Sympathy 1

I watch 10 college football games a year. 

I used to buy draft guides and really do homework on these guys  that was 20 years ago ?

I rely on general consensus for the most part now  

every year the general consensus is wrong even with top 5 picks. Even Ozzie has 1st round whiffs. 

My personal biggest whiff was Darron Lee. I loved his speed and thought that he would be a money backer rover playmaker. 

little did I know that our GM wasn’t interested in his coaches input on players and that Bowies had no use for him lol