As much as the Jets need to go for insane amounts of help on offense, TE is actually the one position it actually doesn't make much sense to do a major investment in at this point, as strange as that may sound given how devoid of talent they were there for many, many years.  However, short of any major concerns about either's health or long-term potential, they already have Herndon penciled in as their starter, and Griffin, who was having himself a very nice run before injury and got a new contract, as their #2.

Unless the Jets find themselves in a situation where they can't find a way to spend all of the money they have, their investments would be much better elsewhere on offense, most specifically at OL and WR, and to a lesser extent RB and backup QB, all being bigger needs than TE.

• Upvote 2
36 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Nope. He's exactly the guy i thought he was coming out of college. more athlete than baller. Not a natural receiver, and lacks the intangibles to make up for it. 

What?  Didn't you want this guy big time?

Maybe I am thinking of pettigrew.

the jets seem to have the te position covered but there are still quite a few ifs.  herndon has shown some good talent but then missed a few games because of being a knucklehead and then came into camp out of shape.  griffen just got injured and will be out for 6 months.  wesco didn't show much for most of the season.  and enunwa is sort of a te , at least by size. the way griffen was getting the ball and then even brown it looks like gase wants a good te or two in the line up.  

6 hours ago, Team archer said:

Dont have any idea what he would command salary wise but Colts arent keeping him. 

We don't need another tight end.  We need a bunch of other position players though.

On 1/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Rhg1084 said:

The guy is a good athlete and would love to add him to the arsenal for Sam. But they just paid Griffin and have Herdon hopefully coming back so I don’t know if they’d bring a 3rd tight end in here also

Griffins young paid, but not too paid. Him and Sam got some history. Been awhile since we’ve see. Herndon but he was really improving and developing into a nice tight end. Probably good with this two fir next year. Find a big bruiseR blocker guy someplace on the way to next season. 

On 1/2/2020 at 11:27 AM, Beerfish said:

What?  Didn't you want this guy big time?

Maybe I am thinking of pettigrew.

ASJ was his guy and I loved Niklas. The only person I remember pumping up Ebron back then was a poster named Woody that had a Woody Allen avatar. 

• Upvote 1
On 1/2/2020 at 12:51 PM, Rhg1084 said:

The guy is a good athlete and would love to add him to the arsenal for Sam. But they just paid Griffin and have Herdon hopefully coming back so I don’t know if they’d bring a 3rd tight end in here also

Last chance for Herndon to prove himself. Another wasted season. Injuries and off field BS. No 2nd contract without a 16 game season with 40+ catches; 600 yards and 5 TD’s

2 hours ago, 32EBoozer said:

Last chance for Herndon to prove himself. Another wasted season. Injuries and off field BS. No 2nd contract without a 16 game season with 40+ catches; 600 yards and 5 TD’s

So you're saying you want pretty much what he did in his first season with the team (which was in 2018)? Unsure how that qualifies as a "wasted season," but to each their own, I suppose.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:05 AM, UntouchableCrew said:

TE might be the only position on offense where I think we're in pretty good shape, and it's telling that they don't want him back. I'd say no.

IF healthy (big if!) then I like the mix of Griffin, Herndon and Wesco.  There's some size, speed and capability there. Griffin was excellent until he got hurt and we never had a chance to see what an improved Herndon could look like in Year 2.  Wesco is a good blocker and a sneaky capable pass-catcher.  I like the mix of those 3 guys.