OT: How long can Garrett hang on?

Dcat

only reason he hasnt been fired in my mind is that jerry is waiting to see if the big name players are more interested in other jobs than working for him.. He has a short list of guys he really wants, and im not sure they want to work with him on building a team.   So he may just be weighing whether or not keeping garrett another year and having the ability to dump him next year is more attractive  than locking into an inferior candidate for multiple years for the sake of change.  

• Sympathy 1

interesting

Meyer to Cowboys?

Rumors swirling that Urban Meyer is the leading candidate. Via FS1, Colin Cowherd who has a very close relationship with him. A few weeks ago Cowherd had reported that Meyer was not interested in an NFL job, now he's indicating that Meyer would take the job. Cowherd is pretty good at handling information from his sources/ close friends. 

7 minutes ago, Dcat said:

interesting

Meyer to Cowboys?

Lol this is kind of what i was hinting at with my post before... I had heard that jerry really has it narrowed down to 2 guys 3 if you count Lincoln Riley (which more and more people are getting the feeling he's staying in Oklahoma) Mcdaniels, and Meyer.   Meyer last I had heard was a big favorite for the Cleveland job, but obviously if the Dallas job were to open up I would think Meyer would be more open to that job than the absolute mess that cleveland is.  Also could be why the browns elected to part ways with John Dorsey as its thought that Meyer would want more control and say in the draft process.  

Garrett (and his staff) have to love this.  "Stick around.  I'm trying to upgrade you by hiring Urban Meyer, maybe Josh McDaniels or Lincoln Riley....but not sure they want to come work for me and my authoritarian style.  But I know you'll stick around so I'm keeping you in my back pocket."

Thing is, Garrett isn't going to be fired.   His contract is up in another week or so.   Basically, he is going to become a free agent, and he can go pursue any job he wants the day his contract expires, he doesn't have to come back to Dallas either.

Now, I don't think he's getting a job anywhere this year, but that's why he isn't fired,