Trade Adams

20 hours ago, SAR I said:

It's tricky to judge those who are drooling over their first big contract, but the guy has all the earmarks of an NFL warrior, the opposite of Darrelle Revis who got is fat payday and immediately retired on the field.

As a result of this, and in the context of how hard the D just played to get us with pride and dignity to a 6-2 finish, I believe it would be suicidal to lose Jamal Adams.  This guy has Ring Of Honor written all over him.  And if we're going to take our 7-5 finish and turn it into 12-4 next season, we have to have him.  We need to take steps forward, not back.

SAR I

i understand people position on trading him, i really do, but I just dont think we'd get the value in return that would be necessary to replace his impact on the team.  If we're going to change the culture on the team going forward, i think he is a big part of making that happen. 

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, Guilhermezmc said:

Just imagine trading Jamal for a 1st and a 2nd and getting out of the draft with Jedrick Wills, Tyler Biadasz, Trey Smith and Tee Higgins. 

That would be the minimum package I would want - A 1st and a 2nd. 

If we are trading our best all-around player, I want a haul. 

Dude just got named to the all-pro team .. you want Jamal ??? Ok ... I'll play ... I want your 2020 1st, 2nd and 3rd and your 2021 1st ....

Even then ... Maybe.

Nice doing business w you.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Dunnie said:

Dude just got named to the all-pro team .. you want Jamal ??? Ok ... I'll play ... I want your 2020 1st, 2nd and 3rd and your 2021 1st ....

Even then ... Maybe.

Nah 1st and 4th I'd pull the trigger.

I can see arguments on both sides. Based on the contract given out today it is probably something like $60 million for 4 years with $40 million guaranteed, probably most of that guarantee in first 2 years. Big hunk of money but we can afford the contract.

On the other hand, from Douglas' news conference, I get the very distinct impression that he is more than open to trading him. If Williams is not violently opposed to losing him I would expect him to be traded

We would need like 2 1 sts,  1st and a second, or a 1st and third with other players or picks. His value is close to 2 first rounders. If I were the GM, I would want draft value of his original 6th pick, plus a minimum of another top 15 first round pick in addition. He is an all pro.

There will be a market, maybe even 2 two first rounder territory for a good team that thinks he is the missing piece.

I posted something on this issue in another room. I’m reposting here

Hey all. Even tho i read most of the posts, I don’t post much here myself but I really feel the need to chime in. I completely AGREE with paying Adams and am disappointed u all disagree. Let me tell u why. First of all, Joe Douglas and Roseman and the guys in Philly helped build a winning culture by keeping and paying most of their homegrown talent. That built a winning culture, something we don’t have here. Check out some quotes below

Each new addition has a story similar to Jernigan’s—of receiving a gesture that made him feel both wanted and welcome. That culture of inclusion helped new faces acclimate immediately, and it’s defined the Eagles’ success this season. “If you a have a foundation and a core group of guys that have been here for a long time, leaders who know the team, know the organization, they understand what’s expected,” center Jason Kelce says. “When you add the new pieces in, it’s very easy for those guys to understand quickly what’s going on.”

Now remember. There aren’t too many Jets star players. Jamal Adams is one. We missed on almost all our top draft picks. We finally hit on one. Why would u not pay him? Yes, the jets have multiple needs and not all that much money to fill all the holes. This is why u try and draft well, something we haven’t done in a while. But don’t try and pick up more picks By trading away the good picks uve made. Invest in them. Also, whose to say if u trade Jamal for picks, those picks will pan out? We already have this player who panned out. He’s got no off field issues. He plays hard, he’s a leader, a motivator, and a guy who loves to play the game. He’s everything u want in a player, u have to pay him. This is where u start to send a message that if u play here and help bring about a winning culture, u will be compensated and other people will want to join. 

3 hours ago, Dunnie said:

Even then ... Maybe.

Two first round picks? ?

why does every talented Jet have to become a bargaining chip? This guy loves to lead, play hard, hit hard, fire up the team, fire up the fanbase, fir up potential FA's, is an all pro, and best player on the team...so obviously fans should try and play monopoly with him right? WRONG

Let DOuglas earn his money finding players, his job is made easier locking up this kid for his quality years

thanks for listening

• Sympathy 1

why does every talented Jet have to become a bargaining chip? This guy loves to lead, play hard, hit hard, fire up the team, fire up the fanbase, fir up potential FA's, is an all pro, and best player on the team...so obviously fans should try and play monopoly with him right? WRONG
Let DOuglas earn his money finding players, his job is made easier locking up this kid for his quality years

thanks for listening
5 years 56million 45 garaunteed

11 minutes ago, jetswin said:

thanks for listening

As a Jet fan I want to win.  I want to make the playoffs, I want to win the the playoffs and I want to win a super bowl.

The most important player on the team is the QB.

Other high priority positions are all oline spots, CB, pass rusher, WR, TE, RB

If I can take my all pro SS and get a bounty if picks for him and remake the team I do it.

Although it is nice to have a player with all the attributes you list it does not make you win in this league.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

As a Jet fan I want to win.  I want to make the playoffs, I want to win the the playoffs and I want to win a super bowl.

The most important player on the team is the QB.

Other high priority positions are all oline spots, CB, pass rusher, WR, TE, RB

If I can take my all pro SS and get a bounty if picks for him and remake the team I do it.

Although it is nice to have a player with all the attributes you list it does not make you win in this league.

so 3 years from now when those picks are ready, and our franchise QB wants 250mm, we can start over?  The team has a QB on offense and defense with Sam and Jamal...embrace!!!!!

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

so 3 years from now when those picks are ready, and our franchise QB wants 250mm, we can start over?  The team has a QB on offense and defense with Sam and Jamal...embrace!!!!!

embrace what?  We have no oline, ,no #1 wr, no uber weapon te, no pass rushers, no cbs.

You have nothing to worry about though, the jets if not this year next year will give him a monster contract making him the highest paid S in the league.  And it will be a colossal mistake.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

embrace what?  We have no oline, ,no #1 wr, no uber weapon te, no pass rushers, no cbs.

You have nothing to worry about though, the jets if not this year next year will give him a monster contract making him the highest paid S in the league.  And it will be a colossal mistake.

we have 80mm, multiple high draft picks ( sort of lol) a QB, RB, DL, SS, FS...need WR, OL, CB. not unreasonable to expect a playff team next season

3 minutes ago, jetswin said:

we have 80mm, multiple high draft picks ( sort of lol) a QB, RB, DL, SS, FS...need WR, OL, CB. not unreasonable to expect a playff team next season

Bills, and Miami on the uptick, NE always tough. It will actually become a competitive division. But then again maybe not.

• Upvote 1

I agree paying a safety an astronomical sum of money is stupid. Who were the safeties in the last 10 Super Bowls? 

Just for the hell of it I looked it up, even though I think playmakers are important regardless of position, as long as they make impact plays.....and great Safety play was a correlation when it came to SB teams/winners the past 10 years.

The Pats, who have won 3 in the last 10 and been in 2 more have McCourty who is a pro bowl player and one of the leaders of their D.

The Eagles had Malcom Jenkins, a pro bowl player the season they won.

The Broncos had TJ Ward at SS who was a very good player, part of an elite defense that led the team to a title.

Clearly the Seahawks, who played in 2 SBs and won one, had two elite safeties in Chancellor and Earl Thomas, huge part of those teams.

Baltimore had HOFer Ed Reed, and Bernard Pollard who led that great defense in tackles and made key plays like that nasty FF on Ridley vs the Pats in the AFCCG. They played SF who also had great safety play from Whitner and Goldson, key parts of the team.

Giants had Antrelle Rolle who was a Pro Bowl caliper Safety on their title team.

Packers vs Steelers....Pack had Nick Collins who has a good, but granted not great player. Obviously Pitt had great S play from Polomalu and Ryan Clark.

New Orleans had Darren Sharper who was insanely great the year of their SB run and Pro Bowler (we all remember the TDs he had vs our Jets that season, including that 90+ yard Pick Six).

If you wanna take it a little further back can't forget how important Bob Sanders was to the Colts lone title.....anyone that followed the NFL that season knows Indy doesn't win the SB if Bob Sanders doesn't return for their playoff run....his run stopping play took them from garbage against the run to very good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, papz187 said:

Just for the hell of it I looked it up, even though I think playmakers are important regardless of position, as long as they make impact plays.....and great Safety play was a correlation when it came to SB teams/winners the past 10 years.

The Pats, who have won 3 in the last 10 and been in 2 more have McCourty who is a pro bowl player and one of the leaders of their D.

The Eagles had Malcom Jenkins, a pro bowl player the season they won.

The Broncos had TJ Ward at SS who was a very good player, part of an elite defense that led the team to a title.

Clearly the Seahawks, who played in 2 SBs and won one, had two elite safeties in Chancellor and Earl Thomas, huge part of those teams.

Baltimore had HOFer Ed Reed, and Bernard Pollard who led that great defense in tackles and made key plays like that nasty FF on Ridley vs the Pats in the AFCCG. They played SF who also had great safety play from Whitner and Goldson, key parts of the team.

Giants had Antrelle Rolle who was a Pro Bowl caliper Safety on their title team.

Packers vs Steelers....Pack had Nick Collins who has a good, but granted not great player. Obviously Pitt had great S play from Polomalu and Ryan Clark.

New Orleans had Darren Sharper who was insanely great the year of their SB run and Pro Bowler (we all remember the TDs he had vs our Jets that season, including that 90+ yard Pick Six).

If you wanna take it a little further back can't forget how important Bob Sanders was to the Colts lone title.....anyone that followed the NFL that season knows Indy doesn't win the SB if Bob Sanders doesn't return for their playoff run....his run stopping play took them from garbage against the run to very good.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

The Eagles scored 41 points! FOURTY ONE POINTS! (McCourty) The Pats scored 31, THIRTY ONE (Jenkins)

Pats vs Seahawks 28-24. 

Packers vs Steelers 31-25! Pretty high score. 

None of those safeties on any of those teams were taking up as much cap space as what Adams will demand. NONE. 

The Pats D dominated Goff who had a terrible game missing Kupp, a useless Gurley & the two Smurfs, Cooks & Woods. 

This is a scoring league now. Rams defense played well enough to win, they were just missing the horses on offense. 

I like Jamal Adams, but if I could trade him for a #1 & #2, I'd do it in a heartbeat in this draft. We could come out of this draft with Wirfs?, Biadesz?, Higgins? Ettienne? And STILL HAVE OUR 2 THREES? 

Thats a roster changing draft & we have enough leaders on defense, CJ Mosely? Maye is coming on, Resign Jenkins, McClendon, Avery, hell, Basham, Burgess, and the crappy CBs played their azzes off this year. The leadership thing is overblown. Score a sh*t ton of points & let the defense have fun attacking. You can get an 80% of Adams safety pretty easily. 

Sign Ngokoue to help the secondary. I don't think we're trading him because JD won't accept peanuts but a #1 & a#2 would be a no brainer! 

• Upvote 1

As a Jet fan I want to win.  I want to make the playoffs, I want to win the the playoffs and I want to win a super bowl. The most important player on the team is the QB. Other high priority positions are all oline spots, CB, pass rusher, WR, TE, RB If I can take my all pro SS and get a bounty if picks for him and remake the team I do it. Although it is nice to have a player with all the attributes you list it does not make you win in this league.   

If you buy a Porsche because its engine, finish, seats, windows, exhaust pipe, hood ornament etc all add up to an amazing car ... It won't mean sh*t if you don't have the key.    

Sam Darnold might be the man at QB , but he doesn't have the personality to drive the team with motivation. Jamal is the heartbeat of the team ... Dood brings it on every down ... Some would say ILB is not a position worth spending huge money on ...

Tell that to Ray Lewis.

Jamal may be this type of generational player ... And u want to trade that away ?????

It would need to be the Herschel Walker trade for me to agree to that.

So players u would trade in their prime include Ray Lewis, Troy Palamalu, Ed Reed, Ear Thomas, Cam Chancellor, Darren Sharper ... Etc etc etc

11 hours ago, johnnysd said:

I can see arguments on both sides. Based on the contract given out today it is probably something like $60 million for 4 years with $40 million guaranteed, probably most of that guarantee in first 2 years. Big hunk of money but we can afford the contract.

On the other hand, from Douglas' news conference, I get the very distinct impression that he is more than open to trading him. If Williams is not violently opposed to losing him I would expect him to be traded

We would need like 2 1 sts,  1st and a second, or a 1st and third with other players or picks. His value is close to 2 first rounders. If I were the GM, I would want draft value of his original 6th pick, plus a minimum of another top 15 first round pick in addition. He is an all pro.

There will be a market, maybe even 2 two first rounder territory for a good team that thinks he is the missing piece.

The Patriots only got a 1st for Richard Seymour. A #1 & #2 for Adams is a steal. 

I also want to say this, how well did Adams do against good QBs? Dallas was going up & down the field, they just sh*t the bed in the Redzone.

We got eaten alive in Miami & Cincy (2 veteran QBs). Again, Adams stands out because without CJ Mosely this team is pretty barren of STAR players. Devin McCourty is a better ALL AROUND safety than Jamal Adams. 

When I see Adams breaking up plays 25 yards downfield I'll be impressed. Right now he's a hybrid LB/Safety who filled in for Mosely. Go back & watch the play that CJ Mosely got hurt on. He made a play covering a guy 35 yards from the LOS! We paid CJ Mosely a boatload of money, we don't need to pay a CJ Mosely lite safety 15 million for this defense to be successful. What we need is to LOAD UP ON SKILL PLAYERS, Olineman, guys like Higgins, Jefferson, Ettienne, Herndon back & score in the 30s, force teams to pass & force TOs. 

24 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

If you buy a Porsche because its engine, finish, seats, windows, exhaust pipe, hood ornament etc all add up to an amazing car ... It won't mean sh*t if you don't have the key.  

Sam Darnold might be the man at QB , but he doesn't have the personality to drive the team with motivation. Jamal is the heartbeat if the team ... Dood brings it on every down ... Some would say ILB is not a position worth spending huge money on ...

Tell that to Ray Lewis.

Jamal may be this type of generational player ... And u want to trade that away ?????

It would need to be the Herschel Walker trade for me to agree to that.

Seriously? You make it seem like he makes plays all over the field? He comes in on a gang tackle & comes up clapping & bringing attention to himself. He's good, very good, is he great? Great is breaking up plays downfield. He's literally just a bit smaller CJ Mosely. If we didn't pay Mosely all that money, sure, sign me up, who else are we spending it on but long term a LT, Center, Guard trio is much more important! Is a safety more important in Green Bay than an Oline to keep Rogers healthy? 

I would trade Adams straight up for a pro bowl LT, CB, Pass Rusher tomorrow. Demarcus Lawrence? Trade, Michael Thomas? Trade, Young stud LT? Trade. 

Thats how you have to look at this. If I got Biadesz & Tee Higgins because we traded Jamal Adams, I'd say we upgraded the team significantly. Especially if you got Wirfs & Ettienne with your other picks. 

Its not a dis on Adams, it's prioritizing positional value for the overall good of the TEAM. 

• Upvote 1