If Jamal Adams holds out this summer poll

T0mShane

If Jamal Adams Holds Out This Offseason/Demands to be the Highest Paid Safety in football, you’ll be...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. If Jamal Adams Holds Out Demanding to be the highest paid safety in football, you’ll be all

• Pro Jamal/Get Paid
    • Let Him Rot/F That

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I've done this before and shown the deep list of good to great OL that hit the market each offseason, so I'm not going there again but you were literally drooling over every prospect and freaked out with joy over Kalil.   lol

Kalil is exactly my point.  As was Osemele.  The OL that shake loose usually have good reasons to be coming loose.  I'm not a GM so I don't always know the red flags associated with these guys.  

34 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

You don't pay Jamal big money because of a lack of good players.  

We already paid CJ Mosley QB money.  We can't afford to double down on defensive players at non-impact positions.  

See this is where you are wring. Adams is an impact player. He is directly responsible for 2 wins this past season

7 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Right but the thing is it works. Adams is awesome and the Jets using him like they do works well. Going strictly by the numbers the Jets' D is probably one reliable CB away from being a top 6-7 unit per the numbers and the main reason for that is Adams.

Think with an a year of tape to review in the offseason that OC's won't adjust to how the Jets used Adams?  We didn't make that change until midseason.  Teams will be well aware of how Jamal is being used next season.  

2 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

See this is where you are wring. Adams is an impact player. He is directly responsible for 2 wins this past season

No, he really wasn't.  A couple unblocked sacks were nice.  Those W's wouldn't have happened without the strong CB play we got in those games.  Darryl Roberts, Brian Poole and Blessuan Austin had their best games of the season in those wins.  

Adams' impact is a lot more limited than you're acknowledging, and certainly isn't worth spending CB1 money when we all know the offense needs something like 7 new starters.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Jets fans be like "man I wish we didn't squander every draft pick and has some elite players." Then after getting an elite player... "Oh noes now we have to pay him???"

If we had an elite WR, EDGE or CB looking to get paid right now, I'd be fine with paying them.  Robby Anderson is not in that category, and thus I'm not willing to pay him.  Though I am willing to pay market value for Jordan Jenkins (a Jet draft pick) and Brian Poole.

But SS?  No thanks.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If we had an elite WR, EDGE or CB looking to get paid right now, I'd be fine with paying them.  Robby Anderson is not in that category, though I am willing to pay market value for Jordan Jenkins and Brian Poole.

But SS?  No thanks.  

Gotta save that money for that Jordan Jenkins extension. Can't wait to be $30M under the cap again in 2020.

15 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Right but the thing is it works. Adams is awesome and the Jets using him like they do works well. Going strictly by the numbers the Jets' D is probably one reliable CB away from being a top 6-7 unit per the numbers and the main reason for that is Adams.

I think opponent, especially QB, plays a role here too.  There are maybe 3 games where the defense played well and they played against a QB who wasn’t either a rookie, or will be starting for that team next year.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Gotta save that money for that Jordan Jenkins extension. Can't wait to be $30M under the cap again in 2020.

Better to be under the cap because you avoided overpaying unworthy players than spend right up to the cap but still suck or be about an 8-8 squad.

Eventually we're going to have to worry about paying Darnold.  That money will get spent.   

1 minute ago, TeddEY said:

I think opponent, especially QB, plays a role here too.  There are maybe 3 games where the defense played well and they played against a QB who wasn’t either a rookie, or won’t be starting for that team next year.

The defense was consistent all year statistically. top 5-10 weekly in WEI.

6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Think with an a year of tape to review in the offseason that OC's won't adjust to how the Jets used Adams?  We didn't make that change until midseason.  Teams will be well aware of how Jamal is being used next season.  

Hey maybe, but the numbers say the Jets can adjust the way they use him too and it's probable he is capable of making the same impact if they do.

40 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I don't want him to hold out, because that will reduce his trade value.  

Nothing about his personality suggests it would be a surprise if he holds out.  He's about to only make $3M and this is the first year where he'll be able to hold out.   Meanwhile, he stated himself he puts himself on the level of Aaron Donald.  

And as Shane pointed out, two different journalists have brought it up as well.  

Oh BS. You would be in your glory crowing like a person that just won lottery about how you were right about him. Nothing would make you happier. 

Has Adams even hinted at holding out or is this just (another) TS delusion?

It should be noted the team has a 5th year option on his rookie deal to get through

ALSO there is an entire CBA to be resigned (i.e. Adams could be free to join the XFL this fall like everyone else)  

but HYPOTHETICALLY  

Jets fans are experts at saving Woody's Johnson's money 

how many of you junior accountants out there know the cap goes UP every year 

it went up 12 million this year alone from 188 to 200 mil 

the Jets are 60 mil under before cuts of Tru, Winters etc. They could be at 70 or 80 mil before FA.  

they have like 40 players under contract... total. 

it's very simple you draft an all pro you pay the all pro 

to not do this sends a dumb Revis-like message to the locker room and all the future potential FA's in the league

the Jets have too many holes on the roster to be making new ones 

President Mal #33 wins games 

7 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he really wasn't.  A couple unblocked sacks were nice.  Those W's wouldn't have happened without the strong CB play we got in those games.  Darryl Roberts, Brian Poole and Blessuan Austin had their best games of the season in those wins.  

Adams' impact is a lot more limited than you're acknowledging, and certainly isn't worth spending CB1 money when we all know the offense needs something like 7 new starters.

One of the plays was where he ran over one of the Giants blocker to rip the ball out of Jones hands. This is what I mean, you just hate the guy and don't  want to hive him any credit.  

8 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Oh BS. You would be in your glory crowing like a person that just won lottery about how you were right about him. Nothing would make you happier. 

Would I be telling everyone here "I told you so"?  Absolutely.

Would it be a good thing for the Jets?  Absolutely not.  

9 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

One of the plays was where he ran over one of the Giants blocker to rip the ball out of Jones hands. This is what I mean, you just hate the guy and don't  want to hive him any credit.  

A lot of people ripped fumbles from Daniel Jones this year.  Just saying.

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Would I be telling everyone here "I told you so"?  Absolutely.

Would it be a good thing for the Jets?  Absolutely not.  

But you would be happy as a clam. You can deny  it all you want but i know how people that hate particular players as you hate this guy feel when they do something  negatively effects the team. 

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

But you would be happy as a clam. You can deny  it all you want but i know how people that hate particular players as you hate this guy feel when they do something  negatively effects the team. 

I "hate" me-first players that don't want to be here, compare themselves to Aaron Donald, and who all signs point to either holding out or causing more issues.  You act like I "hate" him for no reason.  That me-first stuff needed to die out after the Rex Ryan era ended.  Apparently fans here still celebrate it.

Very good player.  Limited impact.  Not worth the money he will want.  And would set the offense back if we opted to pay him.  Call me a "hater" all you want.  I root for the uniform, not every player who wears it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

I "hate" me-first players that don't want to be here, compare themselves to Aaron Donald, and who all signs point to either holding out or causing more issues.  You act like I "hate" him for no reason.  

Very good player.  Limited impact.  Not worth the money he will want.  And would set the offense back if we opted to pay him.  Call me a "hater" all you want.

First off, he is not me first. Did you see him the game he wasn injured cheering on the team? That isn't  a me first player. You want to know who is me first, Anderson. That is a guy worthy of your disdain.  

There also has been no indication from him he intends to hold out. It's  the off season, writers gotta find something to write about. 

The fact you think his impact is limited speaks volumes of the kind of glasses you view him through. The numbers don't  agree with that. 

And you are totally  a hater. There is no evidence we have we would or would not be able to fix the team and keep Adams. You probably think if we trade Adams, then we fix everything in one season. What is to say if we take Jeudy, he isn't  the next Charles Rogers or Peter Warick and Wirfs isn't  the next Mandarich. For the trade to be a success, JD has to hit on every pick and there is no evidence he can do that but what we do have evidence  of is Adams is one of the top S in the league. 

This team is 2 or 3 years away from competing,  thank our last two GM's for the great personnel decision  on that one.

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

It's necessary to point it out, because a lot of people are minimizing the weak schedule as a major reason for all of these nice defensive performances Jamal and the Jets had this season.  

Right, we see guys running over Barkley  and ripping the ball out of Daniels  hands just about every week. What was I thinking

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Kalil is exactly my point.  As was Osemele.  The OL that shake loose usually have good reasons to be coming loose.  I'm not a GM so I don't always know the red flags associated with these guys.  

27 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No, he doesn't.  And certainly not enough of them to justify $15M per.  We'll be just fine with Mosley leading the defense next year.

Rebuilding the OL will help us win a lot more games than Jamal Adams.  

What if I told you we can rebuild the OL and pay Adams? 

49 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Better to be under the cap because you avoided overpaying unworthy players than spend right up to the cap but still suck or be about an 8-8 squad.

Eventually we're going to have to worry about paying Darnold.  That money will get spent.   

Just needling you a bit. I know and respect your position on this but we have no one else to pay--so lock him up now with a big signing bonus and don't pro-rate it. Let's pay it forward, for once. Darnold won't be making $60m per.