If Jamal Adams holds out this summer poll

T0mShane

If Jamal Adams Holds Out This Offseason/Demands to be the Highest Paid Safety in football, you’ll be...  

88 members have voted

1. 1. If Jamal Adams Holds Out Demanding to be the highest paid safety in football, you’ll be all

• Pro Jamal/Get Paid
    • Let Him Rot/F That

Let's say for schits and giggles a team calls Douglas and says 'what's it going to take to get Jamal?'.  Douglas goes high and says, 'look he's an all-pro and our defensive identity.  We're going to need your 2020 first and third round picks and your 2021 second and fourth round picks.', thinking the guy is going to hang up on him.  But instead, the guys says 'deal!'  Douglas calls Chris Johnson with the great news and Johnson says 'no deal!.  Then what?

The point here is it doesn't matter what anyone thinks of Adams other than Johnson and he doesn't know the first thing about football or building a team.  We're stuck in this reality.  This team is where it is because of ownership.  It will never change until that does.

50 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Thanks for the news Carl. 

@LockeJET

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

early takes on the 2020 draft are that you can get quality starting OL and good wr prospects in the 15-20 range.  

if the jets don't trade adams they're likely taking an OL at 11, and one will be there for the taking.

if they trade adams and have an extra pick, they can take someone like lamb at 11 and still get a starting tackle.  that would be the main reason to trade adams - you transform the offense instantly.

With 8 draft picks and this draft deep at both OL and WR  the offense should be transformed without making at Trade.  4 picks in the first 3 rounds.  Easily gets 2 OL and 2 WR.   Both positions are so deep it's not impossible for all 4 players drafted at those positions to be potential starters. No need to trade away Jamaal to transform the offense. Not this year, not at those positions. 

30 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Right, we see guys running over Barkley  and ripping the ball out of Daniels  hands just about every week. What was I thinking

Corporate needs you to find the difference between these pictures 

"People who underrate 33" and "People who still haven't forgiven Revis" 

They are the same picture 

23 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Jamal’s contract will have to beat Kevin Byard’s 5/$71/$31 gtd, so figure, conservatively 5/$75/$35 for an average of $15mm per. He has two more years on his current deal and this would be a giant FU to the team, considering the team has sucked since he’s been here. 

Where will you stand, Jets fans: pro-Adams  or pro-Team?

I stand with Joe Douglas and I'm pretty sure Douglas won't over pay for Adams.. Adams is great but as you've noted once or twice, a safety isn't worth the big bucks.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Oh man look at where all the smart money is lining up already. Jamal Adams is walking into a public relations buzzsaw, backed up only by the likes of @Pac and @joewilly12 which is worse than death

not reading this 6 pages of recycled filth but I'm sure there are people who swear Adams value is a 1st and 3rd MAX.

meanwhile Joe D said it was a first and two 2's before he went out and played like a man possessed the next month.

and you wonder why I can't wait until the extension thread.  the tears will rain down like a warm bath on a cold February night. 

it's going to be legit awesome.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Samtorobby47 said:

What if I told you we can rebuild the OL and pay Adams? 

It'll take 1-2 years longer to do so.  And meanwhile, down the road, too much of the cap will be devoted to Mosley and Adams to fix other needs down the road.

My plan could fix the OL in one offseason.

On 1/2/2020 at 5:28 PM, T0mShane said:

Jamal’s contract will have to beat Kevin Byard’s 5/$71/$31 gtd, so figure, conservatively 5/$75/$35 for an average of $15mm per. He has two more years on his current deal and this would be a giant FU to the team, considering the team has sucked since he’s been here. 

Where will you stand, Jets fans: pro-Adams  or pro-Team?

Personally?

I'd make Jamal play next season under his present deal and prove himself again.

Break the bank if the situation is right, and his play supports it...AFTER his rookie deal is done.

Or, if like the NHL, he is willing to take a deal like the one listed to 'improve' his rookie deal by renegotiating his present rookie contract to give up a year or two of FA for more guaranteed $, that's fine too.

But I wouldn't give him a new record breaking deal while he still has another yr on his rookie contract and the NYJ option for another year on the franchise tag.

We'll see

5 hours ago, Pac said:

not reading this 6 pages of recycled filth but I'm sure there are people who swear Adams value is a 1st and 3rd MAX.

meanwhile Joe D said it was a first and two 2's before he went out and played like a man possessed the next month.

and you wonder why I can't wait until the extension thread.  the tears will rain down like a warm bath on a cold February night. 

it's going to be legit awesome.

When it happens during the NEXT offseason, after continued superb play next season itself, I'd be a fan.

Not now.