The coronation of Daniel Jones

1 minute ago, 14 in Green said:

You must love watching Swashbuckling Sam pile them up with all those quick little dinks and dunks to Crowder every week, huh?

Actually we prefer to watch Baker throw the ball to the wrong team just about every game and make OBJ into one of most pedestrian  WR in the league. 

That last part took talent. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Actually we prefer to watch Baker throw the ball to the wrong team just about every game and make OBJ into one of most pedestrian  WR in the league. 

That last part took talent. 

I’m not going to talk Browns here, but do yourself a favor and look up OBJ’s numbers since 2016. Playing with Baker is at least keeping him relevant.

• Upvote 1

Just now, 14 in Green said:

I’m not going to talk Browns here, but do yourself a favor and look up OBJ’s numbers since 2016. Playing with a talented QB like Baker is at least keeping him relevant.

Come on, you know how I cant  resist chiming in whenever you or Villian talks about Sam. 

Happy New Year

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Warfish said:

This thread stinks of insecurity.

I love how the spin is that Daniel Jones has far superior talent to work with on a 4 win team in a terrible division. With his top 4 targets all missing significant time this year to boot. Anything other than admit the guy has looked pretty good in as a rook in a tough spot.

• Upvote 2

Jones was much better than I expected him to be.

A lot of credit should be given to Pat Shurmer for developing the rookie to play so well on a team that was rebuilding.  

And then this runs today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dave-gettleman-pat-shurmur-most-172558265.html

So Shurmer not only got Jones game ready, he was the one that identified his talent in the first place and pushed the organization to draft him.

So the Giants KEEP the GM (because he "drafted" the QB) but FIRE the coach because the Defense that the GM dismantled was terrible.

Daniel Jones is the most important player on that team and they FIRED the guy who already had a track record developing QBs including the one everyone loves so much.

I can't wrap my head around it - and if I were a Giants fan, I'd be apoplectic.  Could they not have just fired the Defensive coordinator?

The Giants are a bigger clown show than the Jets and it's not even close. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Btw, your name is an insult to all Nyers that lived through that Summer with people getting shot all over the city. Myself and all my friends were afraid to go out in fear of getting shot. 

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I lived in Brooklyn Heights at that time and it was pretty scary. Not sure what would prompt someone to glorify it. But then, he IS a Giants fan. 

Its pretty amazing how quickly he’s being labeled a franchise “QB after 12 games. All I hear about is his (3) 4+ TD games/0INT games yet it is often ignored that the Giants lost 2 of those 3 games. 
I can’t deny Jones looked better than Darnold this year, but he certainty wasn’t perfect. We are getting narrative from the media that Gettleman drafted a Hall of Famer. 
They drafted a QB who many believed was a second round talent with a high first round pick. The kid ended up exceeding the expectations of many. I don't like the Giants but they deserve some credit for having the guts to go out and get their guy and having him pan out. Our team drafted the can't miss guy who had a near invisable first year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Long Island Leprechaun said:

Yeah, I had the same reaction. I lived in Brooklyn Heights at that time and it was pretty scary. Not sure what would prompt someone to glorify it. But then, he IS a Giants fan. 

Was so happy when they caught that guy. We all went out to Cuningham park the next night and partied.  

On 1/2/2020 at 9:07 PM, Untouchable said:

The kid has fumbled 18 times in 13 games. 12 starts.

That’s f*cking abysmal.

Hit him in the eye with a fleck of an errant, drunken piss and he puts it on the ground.

Get over this Daniel Jones fairy tale. 

I think the Patriots had an equipment guy that can help with that.

Been tough to get his number though, Tom Brady forgot to pull it out his contacts before his standard bi-yearly phone purge.

On 1/2/2020 at 11:45 PM, 14 in Green said:

Jeez nico... really?

You must have loved watching Swashbuckling Sam pile them up with those quick little dinks and dunks to Crowder every week, huh?

The entire Giants offense was designed to do one thing - make DJ look as good as possible. Not win games. Shurmer and the staff believed their best chance of being retained was to “develop” Jones. So they ran an offense with simple reads, 5 yard throws on 3rd and 10, etc. Pump up his stats in garbage time, don’t ask him to make a play to win the game. 

• WTF? 1

16 hours ago, y2k8 said:

The Giants are a bigger clown show than the Jets and it's not even close. 

image.png.a269cbef5e46ad17af9462bffb840891.png 

?

10 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

They drafted a QB who many believed was a second round talent with a high first round pick. The kid ended up exceeding the expectations of many. I don't like the Giants but they deserve some credit for having the guts to go out and get their guy and having him pan out. Our team drafted the can't miss guy who had a near invisable first year.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

The Gettleman hate around here is equal parts tragic and pathetic.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Literally nothing he's done as Giants GM inspires any confidence.  Drafting a RB at # 2 overall:  Wrong move.  The trade for Leo:  Wrong move.  Daniel Jones:  Meh.  

Leo I’ll grant but those other two guys are contributors better than what can be said about many of our first rounders 

1 minute ago, jgb said:

Leo I’ll grant but those other two guys are contributors better than what can be said about many of our first rounders 

"Contributors" isn't good enough for the # 2 and 6 overall picks.  And saying Gettleman is better than Macc is like saying Mussolini was better than Stalin.

Gettleman scoffs at analytics, making him a dinosaur in today's game.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

"Contributors" isn't good enough for the # 2 and 6 overall picks.  And saying Gettleman is better than Macc is like saying Mussolini was better than Stalin.

Not comparing to Macc. I think Gettlemen will be vindicated as soon as next year.

3 minutes ago, jgb said:

Not comparing to Macc. I think Gettlemen will be vindicated as soon as next year.

He'll never be "vindicated" in my mind.  Once you take a RB at # 2 instead of trading down or taking a QB you're forever stupid.  Furthermore giving up a 3 and a 4/5 for a DT when you're a non-contending team is almost equally stupid. 

Jones would have to have a monster season next year to make him seem remotely competent.  And I just don't see that happening.  

The Giants are historically a great organization.   But if Sam becomes an All Pro QB and Jones doesn't...  And the press doesnt take the Giants to task for that gigantic blunder.. it will just prove to me that the prezs are stacked against us.  We are supposed to lose and that's the only narrative the fare about.  The Giants MUST be on the up and up...

I will mention the Giant's passing on Sam here more than the Roman Senator who mentioned "Carthage must be destroyed" at the end every speech.

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

He'll never be "vindicated" in my mind.  Once you take a RB at # 2 instead of trading down or taking a QB you're forever stupid.  Furthermore giving up a 3 and a 4/5 for a DT when you're a non-contending team is almost equally stupid. 

Jones would have to have a monster season next year to make him seem remotely competent.  And I just don't see that happening.  

I quite frankly don’t care what the giants do. Haven’t lived in the NY area for so long I just don’t feel the sibling rivalry. In fact I even like them because they saved humanity from 50 years of annual reunions and documentaries starring the cheats reminiscing about “the perfect season.”

• Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, jgb said:

image.png.a269cbef5e46ad17af9462bffb840891.png 

?

The Gettleman hate around here is equal parts tragic and pathetic.

So silly. How many of these rings was Gettleman the GM for?

The Giants have been a dumpster fire with Gettleman at the helm. The only reason he still has a job is because the QB he picked looks good - and then he lets it slip that the guy who he threw under the bus was the one who pushed to draft him.  

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, jgb said:

I quite frankly don’t care what the giants do. Haven’t lived in the NY area for so long I just don’t feel the sibling rivalry. In fact I even like them because they saved humanity from 50 years of annual reunions and documentaries starring the cheats reminiscing about “the perfect season.”

I'm more neutral than I used to be.  I grew up with a lot of Giants fans in northern Jersey so some sh*t-talking on both sides went along with that.  Today I just like to make fun of them when they fail.  

It's more jealousy than anything that they get to go to a Super Bowl every decade on lock (and win them all but once) while we're stuck in the desert.  And their fans certainly don't seem to appreciate the success like we would.  

Beating the Pats in 2 SB's certainly helped me appreciate them a lot more than I would otherwise. 

• Upvote 1