Jump to content
joewilly12

How Joe Douglas should rebuild Jets broken roster this NFL season

Recommended Posts

On 1/2/2020 at 10:25 PM, deucebag said:

If Douglas pay $10M for a backup QB I will personally murder him.   If Okudah falls to the Jets and he picks him, same.  1st round pick must be an LT, EDGE or a WR - no exceptions.

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.  If you expect to compete for the playoffs you better have a back up QB that can win you games....and you need to either luck out with a mid-late round flyer in the draft or pay for one.  I'll take my chances paying $10 million for a back up who's actually won NFL games rather than some crap shoot in the draft.

If we go 9-7 next year and miss the playoffs because Sam got hurt and our 5th round draft pick Nate Stanley lost 2-3 games subbing in for Sam, this board will be flying banners to fire Douglas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

Sorry, but I respectfully disagree.  If you expect to compete for the playoffs you better have a back up QB that can win you games....and you need to either luck out with a mid-late round flyer in the draft or pay for one.  I'll take my chances paying $10 million for a back up who's actually won NFL games rather than some crap shoot in the draft.

If we go 9-7 next year and miss the playoffs because Sam got hurt and our 5th round draft pick Nate Stanley lost 2-3 games subbing in for Sam, this board will be flying banners to fire Douglas.

But don't we have the Adam gase special Falk as back up? He knows the system best 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, where to start...

Mentions focusing on protecting the QB and getting to opposing QB. Well said, sounds great to me. Except he advocates giving 15mil/yr avg to Adams, while sitting out on Scherff, who will then be too expensive for Jets. Wants to give Adams this contract because he is the best player on the team, and coincidentally doesnt (Can't?) advocate the signing based on his impact and contribution to wins. He pretty much loses me there. Not to mention, I honestly don't think Adams will be satisfied with "only" a few million more than Collins. I think he wants highest paid Dback money, not safety.

He is correct that the Jets have huge needs at Oline, edge, and CB. If the Jets can trade Adams and potentially address two of those positions in the first round, and consequently have more money to put towards Oline and WR in free ageny ... I'd go that route. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/2/2020 at 9:06 PM, T0mShane said:

fuck that ice cube GIF

BAN THIS MAN!!!  I don't come here for silent profanity!!!

 

I come here for the wings

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MichaelScott said:

Not to mention, I honestly don't think Adams will be satisfied with "only" a few million more than Collins. I think he wants highest paid Dback money, not safety.

Where'd ya get this idea from?  Sounds like a lotta grade A bologna to me.   I know. It's fun to pretend. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, GREENBEAN said:

Where'd ya get this idea from?  Sounds like a lotta grade A bologna to me.   I know. It's fun to pretend. :) 

Maybe the fact that he compared himself to tom brady and aaron donald.

He just seems to be the type that will want to be paid the most and will cry like a school girl if he isn't.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe the fact that he compared himself to tom brady and aaron donald.

He just seems to be the type that will want to be paid the most and will cry like a school girl if he isn't.

pauledit GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Where'd ya get this idea from?  Sounds like a lotta grade A bologna to me.   I know. It's fun to pretend. :) 

Really?  The most self-promoting player in the league won't want to be paid like one of the top defensive players in the game?  

I believe you, sir, are the one living in the fantasy land.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Maybe the fact that he compared himself to tom brady and aaron donald.

He just seems to be the type that will want to be paid the most and will cry like a school girl if he isn't.

Maybe...  Seems.. 

Not the strongest words to begin to present an argument. The  truth is that he's never said anything close to wanting to be the highest paid DB in the NFL. In truth he's never said anything about wanting to be paid at all from what I've seen. Maybe I missed it. 

It's just funny. Other teams have no problem simply paying the guys who've earned it. We didn't hear a peep out of Chicago or Eddie Jackson and just like that, he's the highest paid safety in the game.  Here? Jamal Adams gets voted a first team all pro and we're all talking about his hold out or that he wants to be the highest paid DB in the NFL. None of which has even happened or been said. 

the reasons we give to support such a stance? Maybe... It seems.  lol  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Really?  The most self-promoting player in the league won't want to be paid like one of the top defensive players in the game?  

I believe you, sir, are the one living in the fantasy land.  

lol

Who said that? 

You're literally adding words never said to the discussion and reacting.  Your post is null.  NULL AND VOID! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

lol

Who said that? 

You're literally adding words never said to the discussion and reacting.  Your post is null.  NULL AND VOID! ;) 

 

Way to avoid the argument I'm making completely.  Yes, I took it one step further.  Jamal Adams, the guy who compared himself to Aaron Donald, will want to be paid like one of the game's top defenders, not just the top Safety.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

Not the strongest words to begin to present an argument. The  truth is that he's never said anything close to wanting to be the highest paid DB in the NFL. In truth he's never said anything about wanting to be paid at all from what I've seen. Maybe I missed it.

He hasn't said anything about money, because he's only in year 3 of his contract.  That isn't a clever argument for suggesting he won't want to paid highly. 

You know what he has been VERY clear about?  He values himself very highly, and said "you don't even pick up the phone" for a player like him.  He's easily the most self-promoting narcissist in the league, and you really are on the side of the argument that he won't take every dime he can get?  Come on dude.  Wake up.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We didn't hear a peep out of Chicago or Eddie Jackson and just like that, he's the highest paid safety in the game.  

Exactly.  Eddie Jackson, a quiet player who was taken in the 4th round, just got PAID.  

Jamal, a loudmouth, former # 6 pick, and 1st team all-pro, will want to get PAID.  

It's pretty simple.  Why you're fighting it I have no idea.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Way to avoid the argument I'm making completely.  Yes, I took it one step further.  Jamal Adams, the guy who compared himself to Aaron Donald, will want to be paid like one of the game's top defenders, not just the top Safety.  

No dude. You are arguing a point I wasn’t making. It’s pretty simple. The original post I replied to is making up scenarios to be upset about.

I simply called out that nothing that was said in that post had ever happened. Then you jumped on in and said even more stuff that was never said.

So... to clarify. I have no doubt Jamal Adams will want to get paid. I also have no doubt that he will get paid. On top of that I have no doubt he should get paid.

Does that help cause you to scratch your head and wonder what we’re even arguing about? Yeah? Me too.

I was merely pointing out that Jamal Adams never said what the original post said. He’s also never said he would hold out. That’s just stuff people are saying here. You can add as many words as you’d like. It still doesn’t make any of it true.

Hey maybe you’ll even be proven right on a thing or two. That would be fine too. I really don’t have a horse in this race other than to laugh at the hypotheticals people getting all twisted up over.

That said, just so I can give you a side to throw sticks at. I’m in favor of paying him and retaining a player that is widely renowned for his desire and ability throughout the league.
The only ones who don’t like Jamal Adams are people who can’t let go of the draft position he was taken 4 years ago or guys who think he shouldn’t say things he says. While I’m
An old school guy who doesn’t like the whole way nfl players act these days, I really don’t care about any of it if he plays hard. Which he does.

It really seems that No one hates Jamal Adams other than Jets fans.



Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Way to avoid the argument I'm making completely.  Yes, I took it one step further.  Jamal Adams, the guy who compared himself to Aaron Donald, will want to be paid like one of the game's top defenders, not just the top Safety.  

Jeesh man. Take a breath. I’m not as into this one as you are.
Am I really supposed to reply to all 4 posts?
I wrote a longer one for you with some meat in it. I’m
Not sure which post of yours it’s in reference to. It’s out there. Hopefully we can just have one convo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Way to avoid the argument I'm making completely.  Yes, I took it one step further.  Jamal Adams, the guy who compared himself to Aaron Donald, will want to be paid like one of the game's top defenders, not just the top Safety.  

Jeesh man. Take a breath. I’m not as into this one as you are.
Am I really supposed to reply to all 4 posts?
I wrote a longer one for you with some meat in it. I’m
Not sure which post of yours it’s in reference to. It’s out there. Hopefully we can just have one convo


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...