JamAll-Pro

47 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who was the last first team all-pro player we drafted? Anyone know?

36 minutes ago, JiF said:

Jets fans - He sucks, doesnt make impact plays, isnt worth money, lets trade him!!!

Also Jets fans - this team cant draft, never finds All-Pro's, has no talent!!!

We should hire that Macc guy back right?

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I actually just read that Demario Davis made first team all-pro. That's a shocker to me. 

He's been balling ever since he came back to us from Cleveland.   He had a monster year his 1 year back and earned that contract with the Saints. And has lived up and beyond it.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Who was the last first team all-pro player we drafted? Anyone know?

Nick Mangold was a 1st team All-Pro in 2009 and 2010.

Darelle Revis was a 1st team All-Pro in 2009, 2010, 2011 and 2014.

As for Adams, congrats to him, and congrats to us.  We either have a soon-to-be-extremely expensive Strong Safety who makes All-Pro teams, or we have draft picks with which to start rebuilding our offense. 

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As for Adams, congrats to him, and congrats to us.  We either have a soon-to-be-extremely expensive Strong Safety who makes All-Pro teams, or we have draft picks with which to start rebuilding our offense. 

fwiw I'm fine either way so long as we get what I think is proper value. If they trade Jamal for a first round pick I think it's dumb. If they trade him for two first round picks ... that's another story. If they keep him we have a baller on defense for another 4-5 years.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Excellent, the price just went up!

A smart team really would look to deal this player. 

Massive value, nice draft coming up.  Lots of team needs. the chance to totally remake a roster in one draft.

too bad I think this team and the owner does not have the guts to make such a bold, gutsy move.

You are 100% right. This is exactly when smart teams strike. How many times did we see Belichick deal a player at this exact moment? 

Drew Bledsoe for a 1st - Drafted Ty Waren, won 2 Super Bowls with him. 

Deion Branch for a 1st - Drafted Brandon Merriweather, went to a Super Bowl with him. 

Richard Seymour for a 1st - Drafted Nate Solder, won 2 Super Bowls with him. 

Logan Mankins for a 4th - Drafted Trey Flowers, won 2 Super Bowls with him.

Chandler Jones for a 2nd - Drafted Joe Thuney, won 2 Super Bowls with him.  

Jamie Collins for a 3rd - Flipped it for Brandin Cooks, went to a Super Bowl with him... THEN got Jamie Collins back lol. 

Everyone of those guys was a Pro Bowler in their prime or at very least close to it, every one played a more important position than safety, and every one netted a more important position at the time. 

But yes... you cant trade Pro Bowlers and be successful...

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fwiw I'm fine either way so long as we get what I think is proper value. If they trade Jamal for a first round pick I think it's dumb. If they trade him for two first round picks ... that's another story. If they keep him we have a baller on defense for another 4-5 years.

No one is going to trade two first round picks for Jamal Adams, no matter how many All Pro 1st Teams he makes.

I have trouble valuing what Adams provides vs. what an O-lineman and a WR would provide in his place, but to each his own.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

fixed your post.

Everything in life is about risks vs. rewards.

What if Adams blows his ACL/MCL out first day in camp next year, a few days after we announce his 5 year, $75 million contract?  We tok a risk, a calculated risk, and it blew up if that happens.  

You cannot run an NFL franchise pissing yourself in fear over taking chances and drafting players. 

9 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Everything in life is about risks vs. rewards.

What if Adams blows his ACL/MCL out first day in camp next year, a few days after we announce his 5 year, $75 million contract?  We tok a risk, a calculated risk, and it blew up if that happens.  

You cannot run an NFL franchise pissing yourself in fear over taking chances and drafting players. 

meh - every GM in the history of GM's would admit the draft is a crap shoot. Even the best GM's completely whiff on a lot of picks. I understand the logic behind moving Adams but can we not pretend whatever pick(s) come with that are auto-starters?

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, JTJet said:

You are 100% right. This is exactly when smart teams strike. How many times did we see Belichick deal a player at this exact moment? 

Drew Bledsoe for a 1st - Drafted Ty Waren, won 2 Super Bowls with him. 

Deion Branch for a 1st - Drafted Brandon Merriweather, went to a Super Bowl with him. 

Richard Seymour for a 1st - Drafted Nate Solder, won 2 Super Bowls with him. 

Logan Mankins for a 4th - Drafted Trey Flowers, won 2 Super Bowls with him.

Chandler Jones for a 2nd - Drafted Joe Thuney, won 2 Super Bowls with him.  

Jamie Collins for a 3rd - Flipped it for Brandin Cooks, went to a Super Bowl with him... THEN got Jamie Collins back lol. 

Everyone of those guys was a Pro Bowler in their prime or at very least close to it, every one played a more important position than safety, and every one netted a more important position at the time. 

But yes... you cant trade Pro Bowlers and be successful...

the bellichicken moves also show the value of having a winning team.  none of those guys had the same success with the teams they ended up on.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

how could i have forgotten about revis so soon.  i thought it was mangold and brick.  but this exercise also shows the value of having a few all-pro/borderline all pro types on a team.  those 2009-2010 teams were pretty successful.

6 hours ago, JiF said:

Jets fans - He sucks, doesnt make impact plays, isnt worth money, lets trade him!!!

Also Jets fans - this team cant draft, never finds All-Pro's, has no talent!!!

Quick!! Name the other safety currently active in the NFL that was drafted in the top 6 of the draft?

Who is nobody, Alex!

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1

7 minutes ago, rangerous said:

the bellichicken moves also show the value of having a winning team.  none of those guys had the same success with the teams they ended up on.

Shows the value of drafting correctly for whatever your system is. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Not getting how this is relevant to Jamal being an All-Pro but cool.

This is 100% the mike mccagnan way of thinking.  As long as I draft the 'best player' at a position it is good.

No it is not good because the 6th pick you use on jamal, 6th on leo and 3rd on quinnen are all on positions that in the end do not make you win.  If they did the jets would be winners not losers.

• Haha 1