Sam Darnold Healthy - Top 10 NFL Quarterback

SAR I

8 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Funny thing about this is his DVOA and DYAR barely budged at all over the second half. And those stats are weighted.

His stats during the last 5-6 weeks this year were worse than his stats down the stretch last year. And that was with a guy in the woods calling plays and worse skills position players. Oh and they only scored 6 offensive TDs in the last 5 games. But passer rating!

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

46 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Pretty sure his passer rating for the whole year was about that minus the Patriots debacle....

Is there a site that would allow me to run team stats and player stats by a set range of weeks and compare to other teams and players for the same range?

SAR I

46 minutes ago, Daddy Wang Doodle said:

Wait. So you mean Darnold doesn't suck? My world has been turned upside down. Back to 2019 I go

With Enunwa, with Herndon, with a decent OL offering protection and a Lev Bell running and passing game....

Darnold is, what, Top 5?

SAR I

• Sympathy 1

Just now, section314 said:

And I'll bet that Herndon is on the shortest of leashes this year.

i think we're going to see some interesting moves by douglas and not just on the OL.  the jets are going to be aggressive in FA and the draft with OL, that's a near certainty.  if they don't trade adams and have only 1 pick in the first round, that pick is probably going to be a tackle.

but regarding the offensive skill positions, it's less clear.  do they keep anderson and bell?  how high in the draft do they pick a rb?  if they deal adams would they use a first rounder on a wr?  with an offensive minded gm and an extra high 3rd rounder this could be one of the more entertaining offseasons we've had in a while.

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i think we're going to see some interesting moves by douglas and not just on the OL.  the jets are going to be aggressive in FA and the draft with OL, that's a near certainty.  if they don't trade adams and have only 1 pick in the first round, that pick is probably going to be a tackle.

but regarding the offensive skill positions, it's less clear.  do they keep anderson and bell?  how high in the draft do they pick a rb?  if they deal adams would they use a first rounder on a wr?  with an offensive minded gm and an extra high 3rd rounder this could be one of the more entertaining offseasons we've had in a while.

I hope so. If the chips fall right, and we do somehow pick up another 1st or even a 2nd, with the supposed depth this year of WR's, I could see us taking two WR's and 3 OL in the first 3 rounds. And would be thrilled .

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What are Sam Darnold's goals for 2020?

Lets see.....

1. Lead the Jets to 10 or more wins.

2. Play all 16 games.  No missed time.

3. Throw for 62% or better completion percentage.

4. Throw for 4,000 Yards or more passing.

5. Throw at least 26 TD's and no more than 13 INT's.

#2 thru #5 are all very reasonable, average performance type goals for a modern 16 game NFL starting QB.

I’m sure Sam appreciates you setting up his goals for him! 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

What are Sam Darnold's goals for 2020?

Lets see.....

1. Lead the Jets to 10 or more wins.

2. Play all 16 games.  No missed time.

3. Throw for 62% or better completion percentage.

4. Throw for 4,000 Yards or more passing.

5. Throw at least 26 TD's and no more than 13 INT's.

#2 thru #5 are all very reasonable, average performance type goals for a modern 16 game NFL starting QB.

In today's NFL, you really don't have to be considered elite to put up numbers like this.

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Do people actually believe he played like a top 10 QB the last half of the season? I mean do you really believe that? Color me unconvinced.

When the other components of the offense aren't performing well it makes everything look worse.  A Jameis Winston completion to Mike Evans or Chris Godwin for 12 yards that turns into a 40 yard TD looks a lot better than a 12 yard completion from Sam Darnold to Demaryius Thomas that results in an immediate tackle and a 13 yard gain.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

In today's NFL, you really don't have to be considered elite to put up numbers like this.

Everyone's looking to put Brady out to pasture and he was 61% completion, 4057 yards, 24 TD, 8 INT this year. If Darnold put that line up next year you'd throw a parade

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

10 minutes ago, section314 said:

I don't know. Is it a decent TE draft this year? Last year was very good. If not picks, maybe a couple of FA's after the draft.

Haven’t heard anything regarding TEs, highest rated is in the 50s.  Might have to go FA...  

Hopefully, one of Griffin or Herndon stays healthy next year.  Would be tremendous if both were...

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

With Enunwa, with Herndon, with a decent OL offering protection and a Lev Bell running and passing game....

Darnold is, what, Top 5?

SAR I

43 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

enunwa ain't never coming back. 

even if Enunwa does come back, the guy has never even had a Robby Anderson statistical year and everyone wants to get rid of Robby. lol. Q is a fan favorite, nothing more.

Enunwa got paid based on projection, not production. That almost never works out. 

I liked Q but the neck issues and lack of production do not justify including Q in any "what if" scenarios.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, ID. said:

Haven’t heard anything regarding TEs, highest rated is in the 50s.  Might have to go FA...  

Hopefully, one of Griffin or Herndon stays healthy next year.  Would be tremendous if both were...

OJ Howard has fallen out of favor in TB, use some of the draft capital attained when trading Adams to go get him, then draft Lamb with the 11 pick

Lamb/Crowder/Anderson/Howard/Bell out the backfield, now you're looking at a professional level offense.