I might buy 2 more season tickets

Maxman

12 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I'm actually thinking about adding two more seats, I currently have two.

Crazy, right?

I think they're going to be in the playoffs next year.

I suffer from FOMO lol.

Thoughts?

You should be able to get a good deal if you are buying someone's PSL. What sections are you looking at?

17 minutes ago, Billyg said:

You should be able to get a good deal if you are buying someone's PSL. What sections are you looking at?

Lower level end zone. I refuse to post my section, a recently banned poster will show up to discuss their case lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I'm actually thinking about adding two more seats, I currently have two.

Crazy, right?

I think they're going to be in the playoffs next year.

I suffer from FOMO lol.

Thoughts?

Buy!! We had 7 wins in an injury riddled mono year.  We will be better next year after Douglas has a full off season!

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman if you purchase from the NY Jets as we speak you can buy any seat  in the house without paying a PSL fee, is this correct. 

Will they make you eventually buy the PSL or are you exempt from ever having to buy it. 

A couple of years ago the Jets told me that I could have the seats next to me for no PSL on a year-to-year basis. However, if someone stepped up and was willing to buy the PSL the Jets would sell to them and i would be out of luck. 

I mentioned that I moved out of the area. Still get back East reasonably often and made a couple games, each of the last two seasons.

Who knows what the future will bring. Currently, there's a not insignificant chance I'll move back. We shall see.

I sold all of my unused tix and parking this year. Wasn't very strategic about it but wasn't completely thoughtless, either. I came out like $150 ahead on the year. Side note - looking at the StubHub fees makes me want to cry. Yes, they provide a great market place and tools, but sheesh.

I hadn't looked in ages, but I just checked psl source. Looks like PSLs in my section are priced ~$5-10k each. In the mirror section on the other side of the 50, it's $5-15k. Hard to tell without sales data, but that's somewhat encouraging this many years in that you can still get something decent for them or even break even (paid $10k each from the Jets in year 1).

All things considered, unless things materially change for me, I plan to continue with a passive strategy. Keep the PSLs, go when I can, sell or gift the rest. I'm also hoping this team gets hot and that there are some home playoff games in the 2020s.

I love following this team and the Jets community and fans, and love the live Jets football experience.

I'd like to now acknowledge that this post doesn't at all directly address any questions at hand. Sharing in case my thinking/situation is at all interesting/helpful to Max or others. Go Jets!!

• Upvote 4

Just now, Dunnie said:

What are the PSLs running these days for decent tickets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Dunnie https://www.pslsource.com/buy_new_york_jets_psl  has many deep discounted all you have to do is pay $100 per PSL transfer fee I believe. 

* I am not affiliated with pslsource.come or do I know anyone who owns or operates the site. If posting this is against the rules please delete and I apologize just trying to help out NY Jets fans who are looking for a deal  on PSL's 

joewilly12 

12 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

What are the PSLs running these days for decent tickets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

pslsource has listings from about $5k-10k for most PSLs in 135 and 142 (equivalent Lower Sideline sections on visitor side). PSLs there were originally $10k each. I hadn't looking in ages but I know a few years ago it was harder to find actual sales data (for instance, is there *any* chance that seller will get $15k each). Regardless, I interpret the above to mean you can get good seats with PSLs up to 50% off original list prices. Also, as an original buyer, it's nice to know I could probably get at least half of my original sunk cost back if I wanted.

All of that said, I think there are way more significant bargains to be had if looking at other sections.

• Sympathy 1

37 minutes ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

wolf-robbie-wall-street.gif?ssl=1

You have been banned multiple times for your antics. Keep it together chief. Shame on you for attacking people like this. 

@Maxman

This poster was banned from this site 3 times before. His original handle was no psls. He then came back as another poster. He even threatened me on Jet Nation ESPN Fantasy Football League. He is a disturbed individual. He loves attacking SAR and other posters who don't agree with him. He also used racist slur in the past. I think it is time to say bye bye to him but that's up to you. 

• WTF? 1

47 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

You know what dude this isn't cool. 

Don't tell people how to spend their fun money. 

Do you smoke or own a dog this is more expensive than NY Jets season tickets. 

joewilly12

He is a racist pig. I explained it to Maxman. It is now up to him to keep him or kick him out. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

@Maxman if you purchase from the NY Jets as we speak you can buy any seat  in the house without paying a PSL fee, is this correct. 

Will they make you eventually buy the PSL or are you exempt from ever having to buy it. 

I have no idea if that is correct, I am not looking to reinvent the wheel. I am already a PSL owner, just looking to add two seats next to my existing two seats.

1 hour ago, Billyg said:

A couple of years ago the Jets told me that I could have the seats next to me for no PSL on a year-to-year basis. However, if someone stepped up and was willing to buy the PSL the Jets would sell to them and i would be out of luck. 

I did that program in the past as well. 

• Upvote 1