I might buy 2 more season tickets

Maxman

16 hours ago, Maxman said:

I'm actually thinking about adding two more seats, I currently have two.

Crazy, right?

I think they're going to be in the playoffs next year.

I suffer from FOMO lol.

Thoughts?

If you already have 2 seats, what is your FOMO?  (Unless you're planning to clone yourself)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Apache 51 said:

Never had a problem..but always welcomed the warmth but when your winning cold doesn't matter trust me on this one...

Oh I know.  Two Colts games were the coldest I've ever been.  Playoffs in 2002, and I believe a late game in 2000 or so.

Thing is, when the Jets play important games in December/January it's always at 4:35 or 8:00, just a function of the big New York market and the TV revenue.  At that hour there's no sun, no warmth, so sitting on the sunny side doesn't help when you need it most.

The other 12 weeks of the season, different story, better to be in the shade.  The sun creates heat (through October) and glare (through November).

SAR I

4 hours ago, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

But , you freeze your ass off in December . No need to worry about january . we never play then . 

If the Jets stink, the December games are at 1pm and no one goes so its not a benefit.

If the Jets are good, the December games are at 4:35 and 8:00 and there ain't no sunshine.

So it's best to choose the shady side of the stadium.  Being a season ticket holder on the shady side since 2001 I can count on 1 hand the number of games where perhaps, maybe the sun might have made a temperature difference.  The glare?  It's there all the time.

SAR I

Just now, joewilly12 said:

It wasn't that cold. (I was younger) 

I think 2018 Minnesota Vikings home game was much colder and windier. 

joewilly12 

Huh?  It was 45 degrees, wind chill maybe brought it down to 35.  Where were your seats?

Those Colts games I referenced were frrrrrreeeezzzzing.  Like a feels-like of 10 degrees freezing.  Like can't feel your fingers or your toes freezing.

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If the Jets stink, the December games are at 1pm and no one goes so its not a benefit.

If the Jets are good, the December games are at 4:35 and 8:00 and there ain't no sunshine.

So it's best to choose the shady side of the stadium.  Being a season ticket holder on the shady side since 2001 I can count on 1 hand the number of games where perhaps, maybe the sun might have made a temperature difference.  The glare?  It's there all the time.

SAR I

Good advice but many like myself prefer to sit behind the NY Jets bench, who gives a damn about the sun im not going to there tan or show off a pair of Ray -Ban sunglasses. 

joewilly12 

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Huh?  It was 45 degrees, wind chill maybe brought it down to 35.  Where were your seats?

Those Colts games I referenced were frrrrrreeeezzzzing.  Like a feels-like of 10 degrees freezing.  Like can't feel your fingers or your toes freezing.

SAR I

I was vastly under dressed for the Vikings game, that played a big part in me being cold, that and the fact I had to give my only sweatshirt to my wife and  i'm never cold. LL seats. 

I was dressed for the Colts game and pretty fueled up and fired up. 

joewilly12 

• Upvote 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Good advice but many like myself prefer to sit behind the NY Jets bench, who gives a damn about the sun im not going to there tan or show off a pair of Ray -Ban sunglasses. 

joewilly12 

734a291c8890f8351bac0845a46ab5b4.jpg

There are games at 1pm in October where those of us in the shade are in a light jacket and jeans and those in the sun are sitting in their underwear because they're sweating to death.  To trek from the parking lot into the stadium in a t-shirt and shorts on those days would freeze them, to sit in their seats in a jacket and pants overheats them.  And they get a weird face sunburn unless they slather on sunscreen which is sticky and drips and burns their eyes by the third quarter.

As for Ray Ban's, they're awesome but if you've ever been on a boat and staring into the sun or the horizon you know that you're still squinting. 

SAR I

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

734a291c8890f8351bac0845a46ab5b4.jpg

There are games at 1pm in October where those of us in the shade are in a light jacket and jeans and those in the sun are sitting in their underwear because they're sweating to death.  To trek from the parking lot into the stadium in a t-shirt and shorts on those days would freeze them, to sit in their seats in a jacket and pants overheats them.  And they get a weird face sunburn unless they slather on sunscreen which is sticky and drips and burns their eyes by the third quarter.

As for Ray Ban's, they're awesome but if you've ever been on a boat and staring into the sun or the horizon you know that you're still squinting. 

SAR I

SAR I sitting outside watching NY Jets football it doesn't matter to me the elements or how the sun and moon are lined up, way too many details and specifics. I go to enjoy the game and the atmosphere not to worry about global warming and where the space station is. Are you sure your not Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel. Any seat in the house at a NY jets game is a good seat except UD seats. 

joewilly12 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

SAR I sitting outside watching NY Jets football it doesn't matter to me the elements or how the sun and moon are lined up, way too many details and specifics. I go to enjoy the game and the atmosphere not to worry about global warming and where the space station is. Are you sure your not Jim Cantore from the Weather Channel. Any seat in the house at a NY jets game is a good seat except UD seats. 

joewilly12 

The details and the specifics are what separates a good experience from a bad experience at MetLife Stadium.  If someone is considering season tickets, they want to know these things.  Maybe not you, but others.

SAR I

3 hours ago, SAR I said:

Oh I know.  Two Colts games were the coldest I've ever been.  Playoffs in 2002, and I believe a late game in 2000 or so.

Thing is, when the Jets play important games in December/January it's always at 4:35 or 8:00, just a function of the big New York market and the TV revenue.  At that hour there's no sun, no warmth, so sitting on the sunny side doesn't help when you need it most.

The other 12 weeks of the season, different story, better to be in the shade.  The sun creates heat (through October) and glare (through November).

SAR I

Love the heat.

23 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Buy!! We had 7 wins in an injury riddled mono year.  We will be better next year after Douglas has a full off season!

Against a very easy 2019 schedule.

Jets could be healthy next year and go 6-10:

For example if Brady returns to NE the Jets could be looking at 4-5 losses alone including their NFC West slate. Away it’s Rams & Seattle. Plus KC away. So perhaps 5-6 losses right there alone.

Yes I’m being negative but also perhaps realistic. And Buffalo is stout again. 

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

The upper deck lower seats have grown on me. When I’m in the lower section now I feel like I can’t see the plays develop as clearly 

photo-2.jpg

I like height.  Always have.  Opening Night 2010, was a lot of fun.

We get to the parking lots at 11, always have an hour to kill, so before each game we go down to the 50 in the first row, watch the players warm up, get all the close-ups we need before going up to the Mezzanine for game action.

SAR I

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

photo-2.jpg

I like height.  Always have.  Opening Night 2010, was a lot of fun.

We get to the parking lots at 11, always have an hour to kill, so before each game we go down to the 50 in the first row, watch the players warm up, get all the close-ups we need before going up to the Mezzanine for game action.

SAR I

Elevated is always better. Be damned with the 100s

14 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I was just trying to calculate my total expenditure if I acquired season tickets in a decent section. Because it's PSL+game tickets

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Here is the detailed 2019 ticket pricing - https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1555967296/jets/e7fj4omxfknavdazonfa.pdf

Here is the PSL pricing - https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/seating-information/pricing-chart

As mentioned above, there are sites like pslsource.com for "used PSLs" (love that!) pricing.

Finally, add in $25 per car per game for Yellow Parking or $35/car/game for Green Parking (not sure about Orange). Parking map here - https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1558537050/jets/wlxxmmeprg0jrhcms02w.pdf

If you like beer, I think they're like $14 or something insane now. Cocktails and wine are like a million each.

Is this what you needed?

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Cornfed said:

Here is the detailed 2019 ticket pricing - https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1555967296/jets/e7fj4omxfknavdazonfa.pdf

Here is the PSL pricing - https://www.newyorkjets.com/tickets/seating-information/pricing-chart

As mentioned above, there are sites like pslsource.com for "used PSLs" (love that!) pricing.

Finally, add in $25 per car per game for Yellow Parking or $35/car/game for Green Parking (not sure about Orange). Parking map here - https://static.clubs.nfl.com/image/upload/v1558537050/jets/wlxxmmeprg0jrhcms02w.pdf

If you like beer, I think they're like $14 or something insane now. Cocktails and wine are like a million each.

Is this what you needed?

Or $125 per RV lol.

18 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

So when the stub hub prices fall below $20 can I call you directly?  

No I will be enjoying the game with my family and close friend. You could call but my ringer would probably be off.

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Elevated is always better. Be damned with the 100s

I bought in the 100's but wouldn't do anything below row 25. I bought middle of the row by the exit. If you sit to my right go to the bathroom that way. Same for those on the left. Don't cross past me during the games. When the game is over we get right out.

That used to matter. Now we tailgate after so we are there for another hour or two. Kind of doesn't matter anymore lol.

How PSLs Have Destroyed The NFL Home Game Experience For Fans

Sonny Esposito  2 Weeks Ago  No Comments

NFL PSLs

Opposing team fans at a New York Jets Game.

For New York Jets fans that attended today’s home game on December 22, 2019 against the Pittsburgh Steelers at New Jersey’s Metlife Stadium, they found themselves in a stadium that felt more like it was in Pittsburgh than New Jersey. Yes, the New York Jets play their home games in New Jersey. However, calling it a home game really doesn’t make sense anymore. That’s because a large portion of the fan base that hold season tickets sell their games online at places like StubHub and Ticketmaster. New York Giants season ticket holders do the same thing too. The fact that both teams are having horrible seasons as usual, plays a part in many season ticket holders selling their games. However there’s another reason why a good portion of NFL season ticket holders sell their game tickets. That reason is called the PSL license. Here’s why!

The majority of season ticket holders at MetLife Stadium were forced to buy PSL licenses ten years ago when the New York Jets moved into MetLife Stadium. The other New York team, the New York Giants forced their fans to do the same thing. For years it was impossible to get season tickets to New York Jets or New York Giants home games. Ownership of both teams understood the value of NFL game tickets. Game tickets for NFL games especially in New York were in high demand back in the 2000s and preceding years. When the state of New York made it legal to sell tickets  over face value in the 2000s, fans made out well; especially season ticket holders of the New York Giants.

When both teams decided to build a new stadium to share, they also decided that all their present season ticket holders back then would have to buy Personal Seat Licenses in the new stadium to continue being season ticket holders. For long time season ticket holders of both teams, this was a horrible stab in the back. I had three seats on the 50-yard line for the New York Giants. I had those seats for 30 years. I commuted 60 miles from Long Island back and forth to every game. I spent a lot of money on gas, tolls and concessions 10 times a year going to Giant games. It was worth every penny and it was my choice to do so. No complaints about any of it. It was great. I was in the lower deck and my tickets cost $95 a seat in the final season at Giants stadium in 2009.

The following year, the New York Giants informed me that if I wanted to keep my seats in the same location in the new stadium they were raising my ticket price from $95 a seat to $700 a seat. They also informed me that they were going to charge me a $20,000 personal seat license (PSL) for each seat I owned. Since I owned three seats, the cost of my season tickets would rise to $21,000 a season for ten games. Additionally I had to cough up $60,000 in PSL fees. The New York Jets did the same thing to their fans in the same sections.

The majority of season ticket holders who had really good seats had to give them up for both teams. There’s no way that the average fan could pay a $20,000 to $25,000 PSL. So what happened instead was all of us went into the end zones paying either for a $4,000 or $5,000 PSL. The New York Giants wanted their PSLs paid in full within two years. New York Jets offered their fans a 15-year payment plan with heavy interest. Many New York Jets fans took on the 15 year payment plan. Even though it did not seem like a really good investment,it didn’t seem too bad because NFL tickets always had a very high resale value. We could not have been more wrong.

The New York Giants were out of the picture for me because all they offered me was the last row in the upper deck with a PSL fee attached to it. They didn’t offer me end zones or anywhere else, just the last row in the corner in the upper deck with a PSL. After 30 years that’s where they placed me because I could not come up with $60,000 PSL License fee for my three seats. (I have two sons)

Now people will argue that once you’re a fan of an NFL team you should stay a fan of that NFL team for your entire life, that you should be loyal. Well when that NFL team tells you you’re not wealthy enough to attend their games anymore, you kind of throw that argument out the window. That’s what I did. I told the Giants to keep their tickets and I placed a call to the New York Jets. I hated the Giants for what they did to me and all their other loyal fans who had been attending games for thirty years in that stadium. Many of them had season tickets since the Polo grounds. The New York Giants didn’t care about them, they wanted the money and they knew they would get it from corporations looking for tax write offs.

The New York Jets offered me two seats in the corner End Zone in the 9th row with $125 ticket price and a $5,000 PSL. The big difference between the New York Jets and the New York Giants was the New York Giants wanted all their money within two years and the New York Jets offered 15 year payment plan that allowed me to make a $1,000 payment once a year for 15 years. I signed up for the 15-year payment plan because I just did not happen to have $10,000 to hand over to the New York Jets. If you do the math rather easily on this one you, will discover that’s $5,000 interest being paid.

Most people with a good sense of mine would say that’s not really a good deal. However, I have two sons and going to NFL games has always been a tradition in my family.  Yes this is my story but its a shared story with thousands of other NFL season ticket holders dealing with the PSL issue. That’s what leads us to the NFL home game experience being destroyed.

Having to pay those PSL fees every year has become a financial burden. It’s tough enough having to pay for tickets for 10 games. Yes I understand nobody’s forced us to do this, that’s not the point of this article. What has happened with many PSL license holders is that they are forced to sell multiple games every season to pay for those PSL licenses.

So now stadiums are full with opposing team’s fans because the season ticket holders are being forced to sell multiple games to pay their PSL long term contract payments. And the word contract is important here. These were contracts fans signed and there is language in the contracts that do not bode well for the season ticket holder if they don’t make their PSL payments. Further infuriating many PSL Season ticket holders is the fact that some teams have lowered the price for PSLs in the current market because no one is buying them anymore, therefore making season ticket holders of high priced PSLs, owners of worthless licenses.

When a fan brought suit against the New York Jets arguing that his PSL was no longer worth anything because The New York Jets turned his section into a non PSL section, the judge ruled in favor of the New York Jets stating that no one forced the fan to buy the PSL in the first place.

So want to know why NFL home games are no longer home games for many teams, it’s called the PSL!; and we are all still paying the price. Yes, some will argue that with big screen tvs and the comfort of your home, fans would rather stay home. However long time NFL season ticket holders are families with traditions of going to games. The problem is the NFL has allowed their teams to destroy those traditions with the greed of the PSL. It’s sad

1 hour ago, Fantasy Island said:

We are not winning anything with this guy and you know it.  A+ for blind optimism.   Jesus we are so effed.

What we know:  Adam Gase is a strong motivator, he relates to the players, he picked them up off the dirty ground of 1-7 and finished 6-2, the second best second-half record in the entire NFL.

What we don't know:  Can Adam Gase manage a healthy offense to an elite level?

We have half a head coach.  A really important half, don't discount the importance of the fact that this ragtag mess of a roster was led by Gase to a terrific finish against all odds.

Things are good.  I can feel it.

SAR I

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Leaning towards doing this.

Considering our age and how long we have waited for the opportunity to take control of the division, 2020 is Year 1 as far as I am concerned and I look forward to the next decade of several division wins and deep runs in the playoffs. 

This is the time to add additional seats. The division is ours. 

SAR I

2 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Considering our age and how long we have waited for the opportunity to take control of the division, 2020 is Year 1 as far as I am concerned and I look forward to the next decade of several division wins and deep runs in the playoffs. 

This is the time to add additional seats. The division is ours. 

SAR I

@SAR I  by any chance are you a car salesman, have you ever sold cars. 

Are you in sales. 

joewilly12