Josh McDaniels is a turd

1 minute ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Yeah I find it funny that he seems to be getting none of the backlash for the Patriots bad offense this year.

You can blame that all on Brady's declining skills.  But I mean, come on.  It's not like he works for the Jets.  That's when you get the backlash.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

My point is if he shouldn't be getting a portion of the blame now, he shouldn't have gotten a portion of the credit when Brady was at his best.

Yeah.  You're probably be right.  But in order to do that you wouldnt have to break through an entire press core of Pats a__  lickers.  And who is going to do that?

Just now, T0mShane said:

Maybe that’s why McDaniels reneged in the Colts: Kraft and Belichick promised him the Pats job when Belichick leaves

I absolutely think that's the case.  Would be interesting if the Pats job opened up because BB went to the Giants rather than just retiring with Brady.

11 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe that’s why McDaniels reneged on the Colts: Kraft and Belichick promised him the Pats job at the eleventh hour when Belichick leaves

That's honestly about the only thing that makes sense.  When he flaked out, the Colts still had Andrew Luck, had highly respected Chris Ballard at GM and lots of resources.  At that moment in time, it was a very good job.  Probably better building blocks than anyone he will walk into potentially this year, including the Patriots

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

He is the clear beneficiary of being the mayonnaise on the HOF QB/HC sandwich.

He was an epic calamity in Denver.

He pulled the flakiest, most unprofessional crap I’ve ever seen with the Colts.

So, how is this turd burger still a “top HC candidate” every year?

Cheating

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Who cares? I'm hoping the patsies make him their HC after Belichick leaves. He sucks as a HC. He'll make the patsies the easiest win on our schedule. 

22 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe that’s why McDaniels reneged on the Colts: Kraft and Belichick promised him the Pats job at the eleventh hour, for when Belichick leaves

That would be the only thing that made any sense with the Colt deal last year. As for me I'd NEVER offer him anything after what he did to the Colts. Like most Pats he can't be trusted.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

That's honestly about the only thing that makes sense.  When he flaked out, the Colts still had Andrew Luck, had highly respected Chris Ballard at GM and lots of resources.  At that moment in time, it was a very good job.  Probably better building blocks than anyone he will walk into potentially this year, including the Patriots

Sounds like a terrible career choice, beside actual optics of the backing out, Giving up colts situation to be the guy that follows Belichick 

6 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

That would be the only thing that made any sense with the Colt deal last year. As for me I'd NEVER offer him anything after what he did to the Colts. Like most Pats he can't be trusted.

Belichick’s plan would absolutely be to leave the job to a guy who will 100% crater the franchise, so this works 

• Haha 4

42 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Maybe that’s why McDaniels reneged on the Colts: Kraft and Belichick promised him the Pats job at the eleventh hour, for when Belichick leaves

I'd say that is exactly what happened but since he is part of the rat face crowd he will now look at the pats with an aging and ineffective Brady and jump ship.  He has been taught by the master.

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Because everyone is obsessed with the "Patriots way". Which doesn't work unless you win consistently like Bellichick and Brady have.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

This was my belief as well, although I don't know why he'd be interviewing now. My guess is he had some insight into the Andrew Luck injury.

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'd say that is exactly what happened but since he is part of the rat face crowd he will now look at the pats with an aging and ineffective Brady and jump ship.  He has been taught by the master.

It’s a tag team.  

The only way McDaniels can get one of the 29 owners left not named Kraft or that he hasn’t burned to give him a HC job is if he and Brady package themselves together.  The OC gets another shot at HC, the QB gets to play for his second team with the OC he requires. 

Probably have reached out through back channels to Carolina already. 

SAR I

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

He’s going to get the Pats job when Belichick leaves for the Giants in a few weeks. I’ve seen it in my mind 

But would you want that job?

If I'm McDaniels I run away from New England, from that legacy, from those expectations.  The greatest HC/QB duo of all time is on its way out and you've got a bunch of salty, spoiled, Masshole Pats fans up there expecting you to keep the train rolling.  The Pats offense is a shell of its former self and they need a talent upgrade on that side of the ball, notably at the most important position in football.  They also won't have a high draft pick.

I'd start with a clean slate someplace else.  Not sure if McDaniels saw the ESPN 30/30 with the Two Bills, but Belichick clearly thought that following in Bill Parcells' footsteps wouldn't be a fun deal.  I think McDaniels uses this one opportunity of departing the Patriots to get a big payday from a team that just wants a guy from the Belichick tree (a tree that hasn't been very impressive if you ask me).

3 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Would you take Josh McDaniels instead of Adam Gase?