Is Today the Last Day of the Patriots' Dynasty?

Just now, sourceworx said:

I expect a record number of penalties to be called on the Titans today. 

If it doesn't happen, I suspect its because Goodell is done propping the Pats up.  This latest cheating scandal can't be good for the league.  Or at the very least, it can't be good for Goodell if there's mounting pressure from the other 31 owners to punish them heavily.  

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

If it doesn't happen, I suspect its because Goodell is done propping the Pats up.  This latest cheating scandal can't be good for the league.  Or at the very least, it can't be good for Goodell if there's mounting pressure from the other 31 owners to punish them heavily.  

They're advertising it as Brady's last game at home. No way they're making him lose. The Titans are going to be flagged big time.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

The only thing that's been working for the Pat's offense the past 5 weeks is the rushing game.  They've averaged over 4.1+ Yards Per Rush each of the last 5 games (see below). But they could be stuck in the mud tonight against a good Tennessee defense.

This doesn't look like the same Pats team we've seen before.  They lost 3 of their past 5 games to close the season....a time when they're usually accelerating into the playoffs.  With everything on the line for a Bye this weekend they lost to Miami.  And not only did they lose, but they let Miami march down the field to win the game with a TD against the vaunted Patriots D.

Tom Brady has had a significantly lower completion % than our own Sam Darnold in 4 of his past 5 games.  Belichick will need to pull off his greatest achievement yet to drag this team to a Super Bowl.  He'll essentially need to do what he did last year....win a game while only scoring 13 points.

1203499949_ScreenShot2020-01-04at11_27_52AM.png.851d15669e94067761b2496579981f9c.png

I think it will be close......but the Pats prevail in the end

Titans are not a good matchup for the Pats, and Vrabel will have that team ready to play.....but in the end I think the Pats and Brady do just enough to win...

I think it all ends next week in KC or BMore where their weaknesses will be exposed by either of those two explosive teams...

• Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

You see them winning in someplace like KC and then losing to the Ravens?

If they win today(which I don't think is a given) they're locked to go to Arrowhead next week. I'm not betting on Andy Reid beating Beli in a game that matters. Reid's a great regular season coach but he always finds a way to screw up in the post season. There was no way they should have lost the AFCCG last year.

I'm more optimistic they lose today than next week to be honest. Henry is an absolute monster of a RB and Corey Davis and AJ Brown are really dangerous WRs. The one thing I can't fathom is that Tannehill goes into Foxboro after the Pats have been getting killed all week for losing to the Dolphins in the media and getting a win.

Pats win by a FG in a low scoring game tonight.

3 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Vrabel has faced Belicheat only once so far - last year in Tennessee. The Titans kicked their asses 34-10 with Mariota at QB. The Titans are now a better team and the Patriots are now a worse team. Granted it's in Foxboro. 

Hopefully Vrabel doesn't let the Cheats bug the lockerroom or cut out their headsets.....other then that I think the Titans have a chance...they're well coached and that team won't be scared like a lot of teams that visit Foxboro

14 minutes ago, Skeet Ulrich said:

If they win today(which I don't think is a given) they're locked to go to Arrowhead next week. I'm not betting on Andy Reid beating Beli in a game that matters. Reid's a great regular season coach but he always finds a way to screw up in the post season. There was no way they should have lost the AFCCG last year.

All that means is Andy Reid is due.  We all thought Peyton and Elway were playoff chokers at one time.  Then they each won a pair of rings.  

It's either KC or Baltimore headed to the Super Bowl.  I'm picking the Chiefs.  

23 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

All that means is Andy Reid is due.  We all thought Peyton and Elway were playoff chokers at one time.  Then they each won a pair of rings.  

It's either KC or Baltimore headed to the Super Bowl.  I'm picking the Chiefs.  

Andy Reid.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

I don't think we'll know if it's over till next year. They still won 12 games and are the 3 seed. Any team can lose a playoff game. I'll be more convinced their dynasty is crumbling when I see them go 7-9 or something like that.

JN never engages in reckless hot takes based on the tiniest of sample sizes.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Big_Slick said:

And the penalties will be called in game changing situations.

Tennessee will lose 150 yards to penalities. Every big run will be called back for holding (until they're made in garbage time), and every Brady incompletion will be flagged for pass interference. 

The narrative has been set. Brady is not losing his last game at home. The league will likely push them all the way to the Super Bowl so he can retire on top.

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

Unfortunately Pats win this game big.....

I hate to do it but I’ll likely be putting big money on the Pats tonight.  

Do some of you really see Tannehill and Vrabel beating BB and TB in Foxboro?

You need to apologize and eat some humble pie dude!!!!!

• Upvote 2

12 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The patriots just weren’t good enough anymore for the NFL to keep selling as this great dynasty 

Brady is the GOAT but he’s 43 and a Checkdown guy now

Meh talent on defense

Offensive Line lost Trent Brown

Behind the scenes Josh Gordon being Josh Gordon cost them big they had no legit playmakers plus Gronk retired.  PEDelman and Sanu are possession receivers nothing more

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

The best case scenario happened.  Now let's see what happens with BB/TB.  Romo said he thinks they'll both be back.  We'll see.

No way.  Brady is selling his mansion in Massachusetts and just reduced the asking price by $8 million

Belichick will be finding some bs excuse to leave so he can take the Giants job.