Tugliavoia is going to drop to 11 and the Jets will trade down

Beerfish

Is he going to make his announcement on Monday about whether he's returning to Alabama?

I think there's a slightly better than 50% chance he goes back to school.  Saban is convincing guys such as OT Alex Leatherwood to return to school even though they'd be a 1st round pick.

This could quickly turn into just a Burrow and Herbert QB draft....with guys like Fromm and Hurts being risky consolation prizes (ex. 2nd round....Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg territory of the Draft).

If Tua doesn't enter the Draft then I think Herbert gets pushed into the Top 11....and that's a positive for the Jets.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You heard it here 1st folks!

We will finally trade down, after the top 3 ots are off the board.

If I recall the Ravens under Newsome moved around i the draft a lot historically.

0% chance of that happening. I’m almost positive he going back to Alabama. He would certainly be wise to do so. In the event he comes out- he will go to Miami.

23 minutes ago, Gibby said:

0% chance of that happening. I’m almost positive he going back to Alabama. He would certainly be wise to do so. In the event he comes out- he will go to Miami.

I disagree.

First of all it will be very stupid of him to go back to Bama.

He has had a series of injuries the latest one being very serious.  Do you risk the 5th pick in the draft on a big ?

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, Gibby said:

totally disagree. 

Going back is the single dumbest thing he could do.

• he wont start next year
  • he'd be competing against Trevor Lawrence in 2021 for Draft stock (and he'll lose)
  • any reinjury/complications = no NFL career/paycheck

There 0% to gain from sticking around.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

totally disagree. 

• he'd be competing against Trevor Lawrence in 2021 for Draft stock (and he'll lose)

Let me be clear. Many are saying he is returning to Alabama to rehab - not play. Obviously playing for Alabama next year would do nothing but risk his future. Odds are he’s not ready to play next year anywhere. 

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

totally disagree. 

See above

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Is he going to make his announcement on Monday about whether he's returning to Alabama?

I think there's a slightly better than 50% chance he goes back to school.  Saban is convincing guys such as OT Alex Leatherwood to return to school even though they'd be a 1st round pick.

This could quickly turn into just a Burrow and Herbert QB draft....with guys like Fromm and Hurts being risky consolation prizes (ex. 2nd round....Geno Smith, Christian Hackenberg territory of the Draft).

If Tua doesn't enter the Draft then I think Herbert gets pushed into the Top 11....and that's a positive for the Jets.

Couldn't agree more. From what I'm hearing he's listening to where his draft position might possibly be plus monitoring his own rehab. He WON'T be a participant at the combine if he did indeed come out so that would effect his draft stock. If he did declare he'd be IMO the ultimate crap shoot for any team drafting him. 50-50 he stays at Bama and prays he stays healthy.

20 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Let me be clear. Many are saying he is returning to Alabama to rehab - not play. Obviously playing for Alabama next year would do nothing but risk his future. Odds are he’s not ready to play next year anywhere. 

Yes. So why the hell would stay in college and rehab for no guaranteed money when he can do that in the NFL? Makes no sense. Right now he’s still easily the 2nd best prospect at his position and will go round 1 - regardless of the fact he’s not playing a down in 2020. That’s ok. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Couldn't agree more. From what I'm hearing he's listening to where his draft position might possibly be plus monitoring his own rehab. He WON'T be a participant at the combine if he did indeed come out so that would effect his draft stock. If he did declare he'd be IMO the ultimate crap shoot for any team drafting him. 50-50 he stays at Bama and prays he stays healthy.

If he did stay, he’s dumber than I thought. 

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes. So why the hell would stay in college and rehab for no guaranteed money when he can do that in the NFL? Makes no sense. Right now he’s still easily the 2nd best prospect at his position and will go round 1 - regardless of the fact he’s not playing a down in 2020. That’s ok. 

Not like I’m breaking this story my friend. You haven’t heard this this week?  So I can’t answer your question. My guess would be to further his education rehab and prove he’s worthy of a top 5 pick. Something he now will not be this year.

I responded to the op my opinion that no way in hell he goes 11 this year- nor should he. 

16 minutes ago, Gibby said:

Not like I’m breaking this story my friend. You haven’t heard this this week?  So I can’t answer your question. My guess would be to further his education rehab and prove he’s worthy of a top 5 pick. Something he now will not be this year.

I responded to the op my opinion that no way in hell he goes 11 this year- nor should he. 

He’ll go top 10. This year. Not sure how you think he’s gonna do better with a year on the pine 

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Paradis said:

No, we won’t. If he stays we’ll never know what would’ve happened had he declared.  And vice versa. 

??? um... we will because the first statement I made was I think he stays at Alabama. So either way I’m right. Because no team is blowing a top ten pick that’s damaged goods and likely won’t play until 2021. But nice try!!?

53 minutes ago, Gibby said:

??? um... we will because the first statement I made was I think he stays at Alabama. So either way I’m right. Because no team is blowing a top ten pick that’s damaged goods and likely won’t play until 2021. But nice try!!?

Sorry, i didn't realize you looking for a cat fight. Check your vagina at the door next time. 

I hope for Tua's sake he sees the light. 

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Sorry, i didn't realize you looking for a cat fight. Check your vagina at the door next time. 

I hope for Tua's sake he sees the light. 

No- actually I originally took the high road. It was you who keep pushing your point.

Now... Tell you what champ. Why don’t you pick out another completely mediocre free agent you want- then you can change your looser name( see how I slipped that in) - and post under that name next year.

? Clown!

23 minutes ago, Gibby said:

No- actually I originally took the high road. It was you who keep pushing your point.

Now... Tell you what champ. Why don’t you pick out another completely mediocre free agent you want- then you can change your looser name( see how I slipped that in) - and post under that name next year.

? Clown!

Sorry, that's my family name. 

• Sympathy 1

I don't know about Tua but I'll tell you this much, I DO think there is a very good chance Miami passes on a QB at 5 and LAC pass on a QB at 6, leaving the #2 QB on the board at 11, making a trade down scenario very much possible. I've suggested in a separate thread that the Broncos may want to move up for a QB as they are selecting behind the Colts. Who knows. Trades are so hard to predict.  

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, PepPep said:

I don't know about Tua but I'll tell you this much, I DO think there is a very good chance Miami passes on a QB at 5 and LAC pass on a QB at 6, leaving the #2 QB on the board at 11, making a trade down scenario very much possible. I've suggested in a separate thread that the Broncos may want to move up for a QB as they are selecting behind the Colts. Who knows. Trades are so hard to predict.  

Broncos?   Pretty sure they liked what they saw from Lock this year, at least enough to not take one high in 2020.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

Broncos?   Pretty sure they liked what they saw from Lock this year, at least enough to not take one high in 2020.  

Zero chance the broncos take a QB in round 1 and I also think there is zero chance Tua goes back to school.  If he were to play and get another injury he could become a mid round pick, plus who is going to give him "draft insurance" at this point?

Teams like he chargers could be looking to move up, but I think a big piece could be how the pre-draft goes for Jacob Eason who is slotted as a second round pick, but to me seems like a better prospect then Herbert.  If he winds up in the top part of the first, it would give the Jets another opportunity to trade down.