I’m watching Jack Conklin today!

As long as he can stay healthy. Dude has a history of injuries, which TBH scares me when signing him to a monster deal, which he will most def. command. 
My #1 O-line FA (I think he is still a FA) is A.Peat the OT/OG on the Saints. 

I hear ya but Not really though. Week 17 in 2017 into 2018. He played 100% of the snaps in 14 games this season.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As long as he can stay healthy. Dude has a history of injuries, which TBH scares me when signing him to a monster deal, which he will most def. command. 
My #1 O-line FA (I think he is still a FA) is A.Peat the OT/OG on the Saints. 

I also like thuney. My new vid goes into both of those guys

Bulaga?

8 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

Conklin, Scherff and Thuney 

Those are the only high dollar FA’s the Jets should chase after.

Pro-bowl quality OL who are just entering their primes.

Most likely none are there in March.... redskins have new old school coach Scherff going nowhere 

Interesting thing about COnklin is Titans declined the 5th year option.  Supposedly concerned about his injury history.  He will now command a lot more $$ on the open market.  Will Tennessee be willing to pay what it will take to keep him after declining the option.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Titan24 said:

Most likely none are there in March.... redskins have new old school coach Scherff going nowhere 

If that ends up being the case, then re-sign Beachum and Lewis, give a guy like Graham Glasgow $8-10 million  a year who can play both guard and center, and maybe make a play for a moderately priced OT like Vaitai who Douglas knows from Philly and can push Edoga at RT.

Draft two additional OL within the first 3 rounds come April.

• Sympathy 1

Interesting thing about COnklin is Titans declined the 5th year option.  Supposedly concerned about his injury history.  He will now command a lot more $$ on the open market.  Will Tennessee be willing to pay what it will take to keep him after declining the option.

That’s right. They set the stage for him to wiggle free. I think he may want to see what out there after they were unwilling to commit when he was down. Just enough room for doubles to slither in there

• Sympathy 1

If that ends up being the case, then re-sign Beachum and Lewis, give a guy like Graham Glasgow $8-10 million  a year who can play both guard and center, and maybe make a play for a moderately priced OT like Vaitai who Douglas knows from Philly and can push Edoga at RT.
Draft two additional OL within the first 3 rounds come April.

I think they should resign Beachum and Lewis no matter what. If we can score Conklin and Thuney/ Glasgow etc to pair with Beachum, Lewis and Harrison it would really help our draft strategy.
We still go OL early but we could theoretically grab an Austin Jackson in the second rd after grabbing aces dee lamb in the first. It just makes that more possible and realistic.

I am
Really curious to see how Douglas plays this.

29 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

I hear ya but Not really though. Week 17 in 2017 into 2018. He played 100% of the snaps in 14 games this season.

Fair enough. Clearly the guy is having a fantastic season and will (and should) get paid as a top OT. I'm just worried as soon as the Jets give him a ton of money he will get hurt again b/c this team is cursed lol. 

I guess you could say the same about Scherff, who had shoulder injuries.

But injuries happen all the time in the NFL as well. 

• Sympathy 1

Fair enough. Clearly the guy is having a fantastic season and will (and should) get paid as a top OT. I'm just worried as soon as the Jets give him a ton of money he will get hurt again b/c this team is cursed lol. 
I guess you could say the same about Scherff, who had shoulder injuries.
But injuries happen all the time in the NFL as well. 

Hey it even happened to Mosely. I just hope Our injury curse blew its load this year. Maybe we can have a little time with our actual football team.

55 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

So this is the #1 FA I want this off season. Jack Conklin. He’s playing RT against the pats tonight.

Edit: I just watched #78, Jack Conklin push his guy 10 yds off the los. The run went for 9.

Oh man if we can grab this guy.

Sign Conklin & Thuney, draft Cee Dee lamb/Jeudy and Its a successful off-season for me

• Sympathy 1

I think Douglas has to approach FA with the mindset that the OL worth pick 11 will be gone.
That way if they are and Jeudy or Lamb are there, you can take them without flinching, or trade back if they aren't.

I kind of agree. I wouldn’t want to lose out on Biadasz at C by trading back but we can do quite a bit for the OL and WR in the draft. Getting Juedy it Lamb if we do some work on the OL in FA would be stellar. Then grab Austin Jackson in the second at LT and let him sit behind Beachum for a chunk of the season

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I think Douglas has to approach FA with the mindset that the OL worth pick 11 will be gone.

That way if they are and Jeudy or Lamb are there, you can take them without flinching, or trade back if they aren't.

I think Jeudy is gone before 11 what with that 200 yard game he just put up.  I’d be fine with Lamb.  Concentration of course has to be OL.  Actually concentration should be on every facet of that entire Offense.  ANYTHING that helps out Sam Darnold.  Was criminal the personnel surrounding him his first 2 years.