Josh Allen...

1 minute ago, southtown24th said:

Demonstrated all of the youthful mistakes and miscues that Darnold was killed for all year.

Discuss.

It was worse than Darnold on his worst game.  Worse than any QB I've ever seen in the last 20 years, actually.  And it wasn't physical.  It was mental.  He had a breakdown.

My son joked that Allen must have dropped acid in the 4th quarter.  What was he thinking?  No less than 5 plays so epically stupid it defies explanation.

SAR I

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 3
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

It was worse than Darnold on his worst game.  Worse than any QB I've ever seen in the last 20 years, actually.  And it wasn't physical.  It was mental.  He had a breakdown.

My son joked that Allen must have dropped acid in the 4th quarter.  What was he thinking?  No less than 5 plays so epically stupid it defies explanation.

SAR I

agreed.

Darnold was killed all year for taking sacks, not protecting the ball, throwing into coverage, etc. and Josh Allen did ALL those things...and this was behind a "great offensive line".

Young kids do young kid sh*t.

So be it.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

Nothing personal against Josh he seems like a good kid and he had a overall pretty good year BUT that second half performance can’t be brushed aside.  That was horrendous.  The problem with Allen is that he is a great runner and playing behind a strong Oline and tough defense had been able to limit his mistakes.  However tonight showed that when he needed to make throws he couldn’t do it.  I think he made one real good throw in the OT and that was it.  He easily could if had 3 picks and was given some help with bad decisions by Houston.  Who knows what happens in the future but right now his arm isn’t accurate enough by a long shot.  

there it is.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, usanyj said:

That attempted lateral for no reason was mind blowing. It upset booger so much that he actually said something correct. That’s how crazy it was.

that was the wildest thing I have ever seen in playoff football...(other than the Seahawks goal line interception)

• Upvote 2

32 minutes ago, SAR I said:

It was worse than Darnold on his worst gameWorse than any QB I've ever seen in the last 20 years, actually.  And it wasn't physical.  It was mental.  He had a breakdown.

SAR I

You must have forgotten about that time darnold played the Patriots about 2 months ago and had a 34% completion percentage with 4 interceptions and a qb rating of 3. Oh and a whopping 86 yards passing.  But yes Allen played far far worse today. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’m not sure what acid your son is getting but if that’s been his experience with it he’s buying from the wrong people.

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

You must have forgotten about that time darnold played the Patriots about 2 months ago and had a 34% completion percentage with 4 interceptions and a qb rating of 3. Oh and a whopping 86 yards passing.  But yes Allen played far far worse today. 

Sam had no OL, no receivers, and no running game and that was the #1 D in the NFL at the time. 

Allen had a completely healthy OL and really good weapons. What he did in the fourth quarter was so bad he may get released after the draft. 

SAR I 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

12 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

That was a much worse game then sam played alll year 

Just makes you remember how good Mark Sanchez was at that age. He actually played better in playoff games, elevated his play. 

Josh Allen is a disaster. The Bills should move on. That was so bad I don’t know if they let him on the plane. 

SAR I

52 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

This may blow your mind, but I don’t think Josh Allen being bad has anything to do with Sam Darnold.

Except that he might have been the Jets QB if the Browns didn't take Baker and the Giants deciding to pass on a QB for a RB. The Jets very likely could have been faced with a choice between Allen and Rosen.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, SAR I said:

Sam had no OL, no receivers, and no running game and that was the #1 D in the NFL at the time. 

Allen had a completely healthy OL and really good weapons. What he did in the fourth quarter was so bad he may get released after the draft. 

SAR I 

Lol. No he definitely won't get cut.  I'm not an Allen fan at all, but that's just silly. And I think the darnold "ghost game" against the pats is one of the worst I've seen in a while. Let's not make excuses for him. It was a horrible performance. He played better after that with the same line and same weapons. I think sam will be great, But he has a long way to go. 

• Upvote 3