Josh Allen...

17 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. No he definitely won't get cut.  I'm not an Allen fan at all, but that's just silly. And I think the darnold "ghost game" against the pats is one of the worst I've seen in a while. Let's not make excuses for him. It was a horrible performance. He played better after that with the same line and same weapons. I think sam will be great, But he has a long way to go. 

If you're the Bills, and you have a Top 5 defense and strong special teams, how long can you hold onto one of the worst QB's in the NFL?  Like us, they realize that the division is wide open next year.  They had a leg up on the Jets but that window is closed now that our head coach is going into his second season, the playbook isn't changing, and we know Allen sucks.

He's had 2 full seasons.  That's more than most QB's get, more than most head coaches these days get.  It's fine with me-  I hope they hold onto that bum for 5 seasons before they figure out he's missing the 'clutch' gene.

SAR I

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

It was worse than Darnold on his worst game.  Worse than any QB I've ever seen in the last 20 years, actually.  And it wasn't physical.  It was mental.  He had a breakdown.

My son joked that Allen must have dropped acid in the 4th quarter.  What was he thinking?  No less than 5 plays so epically stupid it defies explanation.

SAR I

Right after taking that brutal sack pushing his team out of FG range he doubled down with that insane lateral.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Right after taking that brutal sack pushing his team out of FG range he doubled down with that insane lateral.

Never seen such stupid decision-making.  And in a big game like this?  And after he's played 2 full NFL seasons?

If it were me, I'd cut the kid now.  Hoping the Bills keep investing in him for the next 5 years. 

SAR I

Just now, SAR I said:

Never seen such stupid decision-making.  And in a big game like this?  And after he's played 2 full NFL seasons?

If it were me, I'd cut the kid now.  Hoping the Bills keep investing in him for the next 5 years. 

SAR I

“Lights too bright” for him.  No other explanation.

Their D could very well take them to some more Wild Card berths, but it’ll be rough making any kind of run with this kid.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If you're the Bills, and you have a Top 5 defense and strong special teams, how long can you hold onto one of the worst QB's in the NFL?  Like us, they realize that the division is wide open next year.  They had a leg up on the Jets but that window is closed now that our head coach is going into his second season, the playbook isn't changing, and we know Allen sucks.

He's had 2 full seasons.  That's more than most QB's get, more than most head coaches these days get.  It's fine with me-  I hope they hold onto that bum for 5 seasons before they figure out he's missing the 'clutch' gene.

SAR I

How long did the jets hold onto.sanchez ?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

I’m not an Allen fan, but this post is ridiculously over the top stupid.

• Upvote 1

He looks the same as always, a poor man's Cam Newton. Physical freak that make some impressive runs outside of the pocket, has a great arm but prone to boneheaded plays and won't be able to win you the game in the short sticks/intermediate game.

• Upvote 2

Allen was pooping his pants in the second half of this game...

Talk about seeing ghosts...

Who was he lateralling that ball to?

And the look on his face when his kicker made the FG and tied the game was priceless:

"You mean I gotta go back out there in OT with the game on the line?"

"Oh no! Get me the F... outa here!"

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, usanyj said:

That attempted lateral for no reason was mind blowing. It upset booger so much that he actually said something correct. That’s how crazy it was.

THAT was the thing that would worry me as a Bills fan.  Some bad throws, an inability to score a point in the 2nd half, etc.  Those things can happen against good teams.....but a complete brain fart where he almost throws the ball away trying to lateral, that's inexcusable.  Aside from the lateral, taking that HUGE sack and losing a bazillion yards when just at FG range was another mind-boggling mistake.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. No he definitely won't get cut.  I'm not an Allen fan at all, but that's just silly. And I think the darnold "ghost game" against the pats is one of the worst I've seen in a while. Let's not make excuses for him. It was a horrible performance. He played better after that with the same line and same weapons. I think sam will be great, But he has a long way to go. 

I agree Sam definitely played a worse game, although to be fair the Patriots were probably filming us considering they were filming the Bengals. Not to mention our boy Sam was likely still feeling the effects from Mono.

10 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Demonstrated all of the youthful mistakes and miscues that Darnold was killed for all year.

Discuss.

Sean McDermott is a really good HC and I thought he did an excellent job of not putting Allen in any situations where he would fail. However, just like Sanchez in 2011, eventually you have to get the guy to start flying on his own. Whenever that day comes? Everyone will know Josh Allen is a terrible QB.

11 hours ago, southtown24th said:

agreed.

Darnold was killed all year for taking sacks, not protecting the ball, throwing into coverage, etc. and Josh Allen did ALL those things...and this was behind a "great offensive line".

Young kids do young kid sh*t.

So be it.

Thanks for saying the specifics that Sar was not able to 

Josh Allen has flaws, which is why he was picked after Darnold and Mayfield.  But he is a great athlete who led his team to the playoffs.  

The Bills have had a plan for the last three years and have built a well-rounded roster that runs circles around the Jets.   I would rather have Darnold than Allen, but Allen will continue to compete for the Bills and win a lot of regular season games over the next two years. 

Like the Jets did (unsuccessfully) with drafting Gene in the second round, the Bills should be allocated draft capital rather than cap space to finding a backup/successor QB for Allen.  A Mason Rudolph type.   The Bills should serious consider whether paying Allen a second contract is worth it.  They can try a Bortles like bargain contract, but that did not work out for Jax or Bortles.  

I think how Mariota and Winston work out this season will be very instructive.  In the meantime, I think the Bills have a better 2020 overall than the Jets do.  2021, we will see. 

So obvious how the sports media hates the Jets and pounces on them at every moment.

Jets blow a 16-0 lead at home to the Bills, and are “pathetic,” their “coach sucks,” and their QB who had no turnovers is “garbage.”

Bills blow a 16-0 lead in the playoffs, their QB made some of the worst decisions I’ve ever seen from a professional athlete on any level, and all I’m seeing and reading is “Josh Allen is dynamic” “Sean McDermott really has this team primed to take the next level.”

I do happen to think McDermott is a very good coach, but does he bare no responsibility for an epic playoff meltdown? Didn’t the Bills choke? 

I think Josh Allen is trash too. 

11 hours ago, southtown24th said:

Demonstrated all of the youthful mistakes and miscues that Darnold was killed for all year.

Discuss.

Josh Allen stinks. Forget about the rookie mistakes, he missed on some big throws in some big spots as well. He threw the ball 46 times against an awful defense and barely completed over 50% of his passes and couldn't even throw for 300 yards. His receivers let him down early in the game, but he failed them in the 2nd half.

I'm glad we have Sam Darnold and not that guy. I don't care what anyone says. 

28 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Allen made and plays and really struggled. You can see his potential but most of their success was off gadget plays.  I think he'll be a good one but he's still developing.

This is so obviously true.  Very balanced view of Josh.

i think Sam will be better in the long run...but I’m biased, of course.

1 hour ago, nyjunc said:

Allen made and plays and really struggled. You can see his potential but most of their success was off gadget plays.  I think he'll be a good one but he's still developing.

His decision making was really questionable last night.   Has the tolls and I supported him as a solid 10-14 QB in the league but  he needs to be more cerebral.   BUT there is no denying that he made a few incredible thread the needle throws.  Ill take Sam though.