It's Official - Sam Darnold Is The Best Quarterback In The AFC East

SAR I

10 hours ago, SAR I said:

Brady - Over. Did I miss something? Did Brady announce his retirement? He's still a top QB at his age. I think he comes back next year.

Allen - Pathetic. Still a good player despite his meltdown and should, theoretically, only get better as he learns from his mistakes. 

Dolphins are F**Ked for now. Tanking didn't work for them. That definitely feels good. 

The division is ours. 

SAR I

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

What you said here has absolutely nothing to do with what SAR I just said in his post. He said Darnold was top ten the second half of the season then you proceeded to compare Allen and Darnold ?

His entire post is about Sam being better than Allen and Brady.

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

Josh Allen had 15 Tds and 3 Turnovers in his last 8 Games which includes week 17 where he barely played.

Sam Darnold had 15 Tds and 6 Turnovers in his last 8 Games. 

You are consistently wrong on anything you post

ABAA513-E-3-BB5-48-A0-BC72-69-E6-D3-C0-F

SAR I

• Upvote 1

Sar 1

We tend to not see eye to eye on various Jets issues, however, I think your point is fair and achievable. I believe in Darnold and think he’s better than Allan, dolphins who knows, Brady (year older or steps away.) If Sam keeps working hard and there are upgrades on the offensive side of the ball, then he can move atop the division. The tools are there it’s just a matter of putting it all together.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, hamat711 said:

I didn't say you were wrong on him having a top 10 passer rating. Your entire premise for the division being "yours" is just not a good look based on where the Jets finished in comparison to the other teams you mention.

The division is the Jets to lose.  We have the best quarterback.  We have the second-best defense.  We have the best defensive coordinator.  We (may) have a good head coach.

We need a K and WR's and DB's and a couple OL'men.  Easily obtained in FA.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

The division is the Jets to lose.  We have the best quarterback.  We have the second-best defense.  We have the best defensive coordinator.  We (may) have a good head coach.

We need a K and WR's and DB's and a couple OL'men.  Easily obtained in FA.

SAR I

Brady future is iffy. You believe your QB is better because you are a Jets and I think Josh is better because I'm a Bills fan so I won't debate that.

Do you really think you have the 2nd best defense in the AFCE? 

Even if Gase may be good, where does he compare to the other AFCE coaches?

12 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Brady future is iffy. You believe your QB is better because you are a Jets and I think Josh is better because I'm a Bills fan so I won't debate that.

Brady is done.  If he gets another job in another city, it's a cash-out, he'll never play another playoff game again.  Allen has had 2 full seasons to show growth, and he hasn't.  He's a terrific broken-play quarterback against weak teams.  He is a lousy pocket passer against good teams.  Doesn't have the clutch gene.  Playoff meltdown is who he is.  Fitzpatrick is old and done.  So that leaves Darnold.  Not perfect, but the best in the AFC East.  A big advantage for next season.

14 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Do you really think you have the 2nd best defense in the AFCE? 

Yes.  The Patriots are losing a lot of players and probably losing Belichick as well.

15 minutes ago, hamat711 said:

Even if Gase may be good, where does he compare to the other AFCE coaches?

He's a half-unknown.  This season proved he is very good at some important things-  team unity, overcoming adversity, building a new culture, and generating offense with no playmakers, no rushing attack, no OL.  The half we don't know-  in game strategy, adjustments, playcalling-  perhaps we'll see that next season when we're healthy.

New York Jets, 2020 AFC East Champions.

SAR I

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, SAR I said:

1. Allen has had 2 full seasons to show growth, and he hasn't.  

2. Yes.  The Patriots are losing a lot of players and probably losing Belichick as well.

3. He's a half-unknown.  This season proved he is very good at some important things-  team unity, overcoming adversity, building a new culture, and generating offense with no playmakers, no rushing attack, no OL. 

1. Allen hasn't shown growth? Since week 5, he had 23 TDs to 5 Turnovers against the toughest defensive schedule in the league during that span. 

2. Just checked the Patriots impending defensive free agents and you have a point. It depends on who the Jets and Pats sign and re-sign.

3. I wouldn't say Gase is a unknown after all his years in Miami. He has never been able to get the most out his RB and this year is more proof with his complete misuse of Bell. It doesn't look good that so many former Miami players are having career years now that Gase is not in the picture. This includes Tannehill having his best year ever, Kenyan Drake getting David Johnson benched, Danny Amendola producing more with a backup QB, and Devante Parker having his breakout year. Miami fans also complained about them not having a good O-line for years but looking back now they always had the talent on the O-line in Miami with Tunsil, Jawaun James and Pouncey to at least be average

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, hamat711 said:

How are you going to post this when Darnold struggled vs the Bills Backups?

Josh Allen has more yards per game, more TDs per game and less turnovers per game than Darnold.

Let @SAR I have his fun. 

The Patriots lost, everybody is happy. Why not dream a little?

2020? Who knows if Brady will be back? If he is, the Pats win the division again. You have to say him and Fitz are better then Allen and Darnold as of now, but the fins aren’t going to be better then a .500 team next year.

Both Sam or Allen can surpass them in ‘20  however. If they don’t, it doesn’t bode well for their careers going forward. It’s going to be their third season, it’s time.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, hamat711 said:

1. Allen hasn't shown growth? Since week 5, he had 23 TDs to 5 Turnovers against the toughest defensive schedule in the league during that span. 

2. Just checked the Patriots impending defensive free agents and you have a point. It depends on who the Jets and Pats sign and re-sign.

3. I wouldn't say Gase is a unknown after all his years in Miami. He has never been able to get the most out his RB and this year is more proof with his complete misuse of Bell. It doesn't look good that so many former Miami players are having career years now that Gase is not in the picture. This includes Tannehill having his best year ever, Kenyan Drake getting David Johnson benched, Danny Amendola producing more with a backup QB, and Devante Parker having his breakout year. Miami fans also complained about them not having a good O-line for years but looking back now they always had the talent on the O-line in Miami with Tunsil, Jawaun James and Pouncey to at least be average

First off, let me compliment you on having an excellent point of view and a sense of maturity. Most Bills fans we get here aren’t as put together. I’m sorry you had a bad weekend, but it does look like our franchises are the ones ready to take control of this division for the next decade.

Regarding Josh Allen, in today’s NFL young quarterbacks really only get two or three seasons before the team makes a change. As a Bills fan, you know this pretty well the past 7-8 years. All the things we had read about Allen when the Jets had the ability to pick him have come completely true. He’s got a big arm and he can run and he is fearless however accuracy is a problem and he can’t win games by himself.  Low ceiling.

Sam Darnold, on the other hand, is exceeding expectations and has shown the ability to correct problems he had in college. He was known as a fumble machine, somebody who had problems with the snap and didn’t look comfortable in the pocket. Over the last two seasons he has grown and developed, he looks like someone on his way to becoming a strong franchise quarterback.  Big ceiling.

As for Gase, the jury is still out. He might turn out to be a great head coach or he may turn out to be a bum. The good news is we have Gregg Williams as our defensive coordinator, would make a great interim head coach and maintain the strategy even if Gase fails.

SAR I