Nauseating Thought... Could Brady Reunite with Florez in Miami?

1 hour ago, SAR I said:

I look forward to it. 

Tom Brady is not a quarterback to be feared anymore. He’s done. 

SAR I

Truth, there were signs last year and this year, as it went on, confirmed it.

If Bradys still wants to play he should go to TN with Vrabel and hand it off 25 times a game to Henry. 

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Actually he does.  Can he win without Belly and visa versa.

Hes too old to prove that and Belichick has a losing record without Brady. Even this year with over the hill season worn Brady he finished 4-5

Would Brady sign with a team that potentially hires McDaniels?  What if McDaniels goes to Carolina with their uncertain QB situation and an offense featuring Christian McCaffrey?  The only good team in that NFC South is the Saints.

A weak division, some assets on the team (especially on offense with McCaffrey, DJ Moore, etc.), a high Draft pick here in 2020, etc.  Might not be unthinkable for McDaniels to take a HC job there and then try to sign Tom Brady.

Brady will resign with the Patriots for 2 more years fully guaranteed.  Regardless of that fact, the Patriots need to seriously find Brady's replacement.  So I see them using a high draft pick (if they don't lose it to the video scandal) on a QB.

I don't think this season falls on TB.  His offense sucked.  If the team improves their WR, TE and RB corps, he has 2 good seasons left.  I know his age is showing, but he is a pure pocket QB so as long as his arm stays healthy behind a stout offensive line, he'll last till 45.  2 years from now both Brady and Belichick will retire.  That is when the Patriots reign will be officially over.

I highly doubt Brady would go to a team in the division.  I think he has a lot of admiration for Kraft and he wouldn't want to play the Patriots 2x per year.

Where ever he goes though, he's probably only playing for 2 more years anyway though.  And it feels like he might be on the decline (though it's possible that it's just lack of weapons).

Brady not having weapons this season is BILL BELLICHICK's and no one else's stupidity. BB put all of his eggs in one basket. He was certain he'd have Antonio Brown this season. He gladly traded DT to a division rival no less. Probably not even a week after he made that trade, Bellichick was very strongly regretting that move. Once again Bellichick has shown that at times he can be as dumb as a box of rocks.

9 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

TB would never risk his legacy by playing with a sh!t team. 

He knows it could confirm to fans that without BB he was great but never really the GOAT .

However I could see BB giving Philip Rivers a shot in New England until they can draft TBs replacement.

Because at age 44 (which is what I think he'll be next year) he couldn't win with another team?  That's beyond a stretch.  

4 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Ego?  The guy is arguably the GOAT.  

Not sure I understand your point.

Ego isn’t necessarily a bad thing - it’s just a fact...

Not sure you understand what the word means...

noun
  1. a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
    "a boost to my ego"

I was responding to a post someone saying he would mentor the Dolphins new QB.

Which I said TB would never do because is Ego is too big.  I strongly stand by that comment.

17 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

Not sure I understand your point.

Ego isn’t necessarily a bad thing - it’s just a fact...

Not sure you understand what the word means...

noun
  1. a person's sense of self-esteem or self-importance.
    "a boost to my ego"

I was responding to a post someone saying he would mentor the Dolphins new QB.

Which I said TB would never do because is Ego is too big.  I strongly stand by that comment.

Fair enough.  The way you phrased it though made it seem like you were making him out to be selfish.  

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

That will be forgotten, I think Marino's last pass was a pick 6 in a game he lost 62-7.  It will not be remembered.

I don't remember Marino's final pass but I do remember (and have brought up multiple times) the 62-7 loss!  

I would absolutely love if he went to Miami.  The Dolphins are in the midst of a complete rebuild.  A tear down the likes I've never seen in the NFL.

To pivot on a dime and bring in an aging QB with maybe 1-2 years left to play would be completely counter intuitive to what they had started.  

35 minutes ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

Because at age 44 (which is what I think he'll be next year) he couldn't win with another team?  That's beyond a stretch.  

Its not a stretch to say that unless he goes to a ready to contend team he will get killed.

He is too immobile to carry a below average team.

I hope he tries but I think he is too smart to expose himself.

He will be 43 next season.

13 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Its not a stretch to say that unless he goes to a ready to contend team he will get killed.

He is too immobile to carry a below average team.

I hope he tries but I think he is too smart to expose himself.

He will be 43 next season.

Okay he'll be 43.  I don't think he's going to a below average team either btw.  But if he goes to another team and doesn't have success, it won't change the way his career is looked at and it won't "prove the point" that "without BB he was great  but never really  the GOAT".  It will be viewed as "father time remains undefeated".

I could see Brady and McDaniel going to Cleveland.  Mayfield is on a rookie deal and he stinks.  Cleveland is loaded with weapons on O and has a decent D.  I could see them making a run with Brady and it would cement his legacy if he pulled off a run with Cleveland without BB.  

11 hours ago, Joe Willie White Shoes said:

I think he’s retiring. He fell off a cliff this season. He is too old. I’d be happy to see him n Miami. 

His house in NE is up for sale for 39.5 million and they just bought a house in CT close to Manhattan maybe he doing some TV work??