My wild guess at 10 most likely Jets Draft picks at 11

4 minutes ago, JiF said:

What is the hypothetical top 3 OL are off the board and the hypothetical # 1 WR is there?

Then we trade our 2nd rounder to move up, of course.

I've been lectured to year after year - after repeatedly failing to trade down - we need premiere players that can only be found inside the top 3-6, because the alternative is just to draft garbage players.

53 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

I'm a little worried about how Douglas and gase view the Wr position.

I have nothing to base this on at all other than a feeling and a distrust of Gase on my part.

I have that worry as well. They way they handled the WR position in the preseason, the total dismissal of Deontay (who played well, had chemistry with Dan), keeping only 5 WR.  Gase seems to have odd ideas about WR

2 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I've been lectured to year after year - after repeatedly failing to trade down - we need premiere players that can only be found inside the top 3-6, because the alternative is just to draft garbage players.

Well, when you get to the 3-6 range it's almost inevitable for the Jets for the best player in the draft to fall to them! 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jets723 said:

As much as I want OL I don’t want to reach for one if the top 3 are gone in the top 10 and we can possibly grab one of the big WR if they drop

Definitely. If top 2 OL (Thomas, Wirfs) are gone IMO, I go with the edge rusher Epensa over a WR. We have zero pass rush and need to get one early in the draft. This is why it’s imperative we trade Adams so we can get another #1 or extra picks for him. We need to fill other more imperative spots than safety, like OL, WR and edge rushers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

21 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

QW taken at 3 - good grief! At 11 we will get a quality pick. OL, edge or WR.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Definitely. If top 2 OL (Thomas, Wirfs) are gone IMO, I go with the edge rusher Epensa over a WR. We have zero pass rush and need to get one early in the draft. This is why it’s imperative we trade Adams so we can get another #1 or extra picks for him. We need to fill other more imperative spots than safety, like OL, WR and edge rushers. 

I don’t think we HAVE to trade Adams.  Look I admit he isn’t my favorite player by any means but he is our best player right now and unless we get a massive offer I rather keep him 

2 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

I don't trust anything from the Combine.  I think game tape is a better evaluation.

Yep. The championship game where QW was totally nullified spoke volumes. I was totally against taking Baby Huey. And didn’t Gholston blow up the combine? I mean you see these guys play in real time. It’s very different than these ridiculous combine drills. Yet these scouts and GM’s are so highly influenced by these combine numbers over actual game performance. You can’t measure a players heart and skill through those numbers. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

6 minutes ago, Jets723 said:

I don’t think we HAVE to trade Adams.  Look I admit he isn’t my favorite player by any means but he is our best player right now and unless we get a massive offer I rather keep him 

No he’s not. He’s the biggest mouth we have. Sam is our best player. Adams is expendable. And he would garner us some much needed picks. We gave several guys on the roster that could easily fill his spot with pretty much equal production. And when we add a couple edge rushers which I’m sure JD will do, Greg Williams will no longer need to be using a safety to blitz so much. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

No he’s not. He’s the biggest mouth we have. Sam is our best player. Adams is expendable. And he would garner us some much needed picks. We gave several guys on the roster that could easily fill his spot with pretty much equal production. And when we add a couple edge rushers which I’m sure JD will do, Greg Williams will no longer need to be using a safety to blitz so much. 

Look I’m as big of Sam fan as there is but he isn’t our best player..yet.  Look I agree Adams acts like a child many times and I’m not against trading him but not just for sake out of it.  I’m not just gonna accept a ok offer just to get rid of him. Jets have a high asking price and WONT budge, nor should they 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Yep. The championship game where QW was totally nullified spoke volumes. I was totally against taking Baby Huey. And didn’t Gholston blow up the combine? I mean you see these guys play in real time. It’s very different than these ridiculous combine drills. Yet these scouts xx and GM’s are so highly influenced by these combine numbers over actual game performance. You can’t measure a players heart and skill through those numbers. 

Which one, SEC or National Championship game? Was a stiff in both.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Who are these several guys you speak of that are 1st team all pros in the waiting?

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, SR24 said:

If you can’t get Jeudy Lamb Thomas Wills or Wirfs then what do you do? Just reach on the next best OT? 

Exactly.  We all understand that fans are sick of defense but in the event that all the top OL and WR are off the board(hopefully they are not) you can’t just reach for a OL when there is a top edge rusher which is also a need for us.  We still have our 2nd and 2 3rds to fill with the OL and WR 

• Upvote 3

My gut feeling right now is that we re-sign Beachum and possibly Lewis, grab at least one of Conklin, Thuney, Scherff or Glasgow in Free Agency, stay at #11 where the Top 3 OT’s will already be off the board, and we end up with either Lamb or Jeudy.

Then you continue building up the talent on the OL and at EDGE and CB in rounds 2-4.

• Upvote 4

Mekhi Becton is going to be a name to watch as well.

I think he’s really going to start rising soon and eventually be considered the 4th best OT in this class, especially with Leatherwood staying in school.

6’7 360 lb dudes with his kind of raw power and athletic ability are super rare. He has the talent to be a LT in the NFL, but I’d personally stick him on the right side for a decade and let him really flourish.

Question is, will he eventually establish himself as a Top 15 pick?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Joejet said:

Who are these several guys you speak of that are 1st team all pros in the waiting?

Adams being named vs an all pro is a joke. 1 INT per year is not my idea of an ‘all pro safety’. Yea he makes tackles because he’s always near the line of scrimmage. Roberts’s played well at safety and Miles also could fill the role decently. I’ll take a stud WR, edge or OL over Adams and his 1 INT per year.

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Look I’m as big of Sam fan as there is but he isn’t our best player..yet.  Look I agree Adams acts like a child many times and I’m not against trading him but not just for sake out of it.  I’m not just gonna accept a ok offer just to get rid of him. Jets have a high asking price and WONT budge, nor should they 

They should take what they can. Or else they’ll be stuck with him and his high contract demands. He’s just not worth it. 

Way too early to tell. These players have just completed one step and there is three other steps to go. The all star games, the combine and finally their pro day workouts. Look what happened to Teddy Bridgewater and how he fell in the draft after his workout.  So far we see at least 10 players who are guaranteed a top 10 pick.  Burrow, Herbert,  Young, Brown, Okudah, Dee Dee, Epenesa, and Jeudy seemed guaranteed. I myself has Delpit from LSU and Shenault should be here too. So that is my ten.   The OT will be the most scrutinized position at the Combine.  For me Wirfs looks the best and dominating. But he is a Right Tackle.  Here are a trio of players who could rise. Jordan Brooks who plays MLB for Texas Tech. Jeff Gladney, CB at TCU and Antoine Winfield, Safety at Minnesota if he declares for the draft.  The combine, and all star games could help all three.  I like all three.     

1 hour ago, Jets723 said:

Exactly.  We all understand that fans are sick of defense but in the event that all the top OL and WR are off the board(hopefully they are not) you can’t just reach for a OL when there is a top edge rusher which is also a need for us.  We still have our 2nd and 2 3rds to fill with the OL and WR 

Thank you!

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, UntouchableCrew said:

Probably try to trade back because under that scenario Herbert is likely still on the board.

I respectfully disagree. Edge has been a hole for an entire decade if we can draft a top prospect on the edge you do it. Again though only if Wirfs Wills Thomas Jeudy and Lamb are gone! 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

I'm a little worried about how Douglas and gase view the Wr position.

I have nothing to base this on at all other than a feeling and a distrust of Gase on my part.

Flush Gase from your mind. This draft is about JOE DOUGLAS alone and can he draft talent? Whether he can or can't has nothing to do with Gase.

1 minute ago, NYJ1 said:

Flush Gase from your mind. This draft is about JOE DOUGLAS alone and can he draft talent? Whether he can or can't has nothing to do with Gase.

Gase will have influence.  I'm not worried about him influencing the actual picks but rather the positions picked and their priority.

1 hour ago, Wonderboy said:

Adams being named vs an all pro is a joke. 1 INT per year is not my idea of an ‘all pro safety’. Yea he makes tackles because he’s always near the line of scrimmage. Roberts’s played well at safety and Miles also could fill the role decently. I’ll take a stud WR, edge or OL over Adams and his 1 INT per year.

So you are saying that Roberts and Miles can replace Adams with the same production?  Thank god you aren’t the GM!

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Joejet said:

So you are saying that Roberts and Miles can replace Adams with the same production?  Thank god you aren’t the GM!

Pretty much. Once we get a couple edge rushers, the safety role would change drastically. Thus we wouldn’t need a box safety playing LB.