What happens at Foxboro now

kevin45

Pre Brady & Belichick, Foxboro was a ghost town. Kraft was on the cusp of moving the team to Hartford. The Pats were the 4th option for most New Englanders behind the Red Sox, Celtics & Bruins. I don’t think the stadium is easy to get to from Boston. So if this truly is the end of the Pats* dynasty, does so called Patriot nation revert back to its fair weather nature and stop selling out Gillete ?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, kevin45 said:

So if this truly is the end of the Pats* dynasty, does so called Patriot nation revert back to its fair weather nature and stop selling out Gillete ?

Absolutely.  Over on the Pats forum they were discussing how tickets for yesterday's game were selling at face value (or less) as of last Tuesday.

They were already bailing because they weren't as dominant.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, kevin45 said:

Pre Brady & Belichick, Foxboro was a ghost town. Kraft was on the cusp of moving the team to Hartford. The Pats were the 4th option for most New Englanders behind the Red Sox, Celtics & Bruins. I don’t think the stadium is easy to get to from Boston. So if this truly is the end of the Pats* dynasty, does so called Patriot nation revert back to its fair weather nature and stop selling out Gillete ?

Eventually be converted into the largest rub and tug venue on the planet. 

25 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You honestly think it's over? Until BB leaves the Pats are going to win the division. He knew Brady was done 2 years ago and was overruled. 

I usually feel this way but I think what is going to go down over the next few months could have relationship devastating type of impact when the power struggle between Kraft>Belicheat>Brady gets juicy. 

3 minutes ago, JiF said:

I usually feel this way but I think what is going to go down over the next few months could have relationship devastating type of impact when the power struggle between Kraft>Belicheat>Brady gets juicy. 

Sure if Kraft steps in again who knows what transpires. Gut says BB stays, they draft a QB, sign Bridgewater and ho hum to 12 wins and the division again.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, JiF said:

Agreed , this looks like the breakup of the Jordan/Phil Jackson Bulls sequel coming . 

8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Sure if Kraft steps in again who knows what transpires. Gut says BB stays, they draft a QB, sign Bridgewater and ho hum to 12 wins and the division again.

You're right, it's probably the more likely scenario but I feel like there have been issues since the Jimmy G. situation and this is only going to get uglier when you know BB is telling Kraft we need to move on and you know Kraft wants to pay Brady and let him have a swan song ending as a Patriot.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

Without Brady and Cheating BB really is nothing special.

They were 4-4 the 2nd half on the season and that was with Brady. First half on the season was a cakewalk with no good teams including the Jets x2. They lost a must win game at home to the Dolphins. One and done in the WC game yesterday. BB coaching didn’t look that dynamic. Still a great coach but not immortal. Gonna be a nice next few years while they try to find a replacement for Brady. Even if he stays he’s not what he used to be.

The Pats are subject to the same supply and demand pressure RE tickets as every other NFL franchise. What they do have is a big very rich market and a beautiful stadium setup. Foxboro in the old Schaefer Stadium days was a dump. Now it's the best stadium in the NFL, surrounded by a  entertainment destination. The team may never be as good, but they will be fine. Or as good as anyone else. And compared to the clusterfvkc that is the Meadowlands...

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Matt39 said:

If Kraft steps in on Brady’s behalf BB ends up back with the Giants.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, kevin45 said:

the force awakens GIF by Star Wars

4 hours ago, Matt39 said:

Brady was key to saving BB job. They were on there way to losing big tine with Bledsoe. I know He had success with other QB's but i really feel when McDaniel bails, there will be too much change. New OC, New QB, New System= loss