Harsh reality

Lupz27

I think Belichick wants to win without Brady.  That's how he wants to end the, "Was it Brady or Belichick who was more responsible for the success?" debate.  Brady can't beat father time as an athlete...it's just physically not possible.  But coaches get better with age and experience.  I'd expect Belichick to try to succeed and win a SB without Brady just to try to demonstrate to people that he was the key to it all. JMHO.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think Belichick wants to win without Brady.  That's how he wants to end the, "Was it Brady or Belichick who was more responsible for the success?" debate.  Brady can't beat father time as an athlete...it's just physically not possible.  But coaches get better with age and experience.  I'd expect Belichick to try to succeed and win a SB without Brady just to try to demonstrate to people that he was the key to it all. JMHO.

Yep and I'm very much looking forward to it, we saw what they did this year without an elite QB

21 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Patriots are not done, this has been the rallying cry the last 5 years when they would start very slowly.

The Patriots are not done until Brady, and Bill say they are done.

When was the last time they were 4-5 in the second half of the season and lost 3 of their last 4 home games? Add to that that Brady is 43 next season, if he is even in the team. I also don’t know how much longer Belichick will hang in.

6 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Teams aren't scared of them anymore.

Brady's skills have declined to a point where he can't win with just any collection of scrubs like he used to.  The tennis elbow is a sign of age and usage.

They're done.  

The pig is crispy bacon.

I’d like to see them not win the division before we start the circle jerk, but I agree with your basic premise 

They most likely wont be making multiple SBs within a 3-5 year time span from here on out like they just did, but they will most definitely still be competitive.

Without Brady, Belichick will still have his team competing for the division and playoffs. I think he is somewhere in his late 60s, so most likely he will be coaching for another 5-10 more years.

Hopefully the next QB he drafts falls in the category of guys like Kevin O'Connel and Ryan Mallet and not closer to a Brady or Garapolo. We've seen him field competitive teams with guys like Cassel and Brissett under center, so regardless we'll have to bring it if we want to surpass them and win the AFCE.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

I’d like to see them not win the division before we start the circle jerk, but I agree with your basic premise 

This is basically my point.  Can we please cancel the Canyon of Heroes parade to celebrate the Patriots losing in the playoffs after going 12-4, and winning the AFC East yet again.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

This is basically my point.  Can we please cancel the Canyon of Heroes parade to celebrate the Patriots losing in the playoffs after going 12-4, and winning the AFC East yet again.

Absolutely. Couldn’t agree more.

But also Brady looks old AF

• Upvote 1