3 Cone Drill

choon328

6 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I wanted AJ Brown over Metcalf. Brown had a better regular season but Metcalf killed it today. 

Before a bunch analytic-scientists and Twitter pussies manage to cast a spell over GMs and draftniks -- AJ Brown and DK Metcalf were the easy slam dunk round 1 best WRs next to Hollywood Brown.

How many years of Ballers proving they're Ballers do we have to endure before these people stop being Muppets.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Eagles drafted that stiff JJ  Arcega-Whitside 7 picks before Metcalf.  Imagine needing a WR, scouting the position group for months and then picking Arcega-Whiteside over Metcalf?  Mind boggling. 

And then Metcalf becomes the dagger that ends your season in a playoff game.  Double painful.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

4 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Before a bunch analytic-scientists and Twitter pussies manage to cast a spell over GMs and draftniks -- AJ Brown and DK Metcalf were the easy slam dunk round 1 best WRs next to Hollywood Brown.

How many years of Ballers proving they're Ballers do we have to endure before these people stop being Muppets.

You are the toughest internet mock draft person on the planet.

7 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

You are the toughest internet mock draft person on the planet.

Despite the fact that you act like a big bitch towards me, I think you're a smart and savy poster... also, you're not an idiot. So let me once and for all try to paint you a picture - so you can drop the bitch act.

Imagine a guy... who's career has largely been Talent Management/Acquisition - who likes football and (oddly enough) loves the Talent Management Recruitment side of the sport... IOWs, the DRAFT! Crazy right?!... Now imagine have the worst couple GMs fck up the picks annually... to the point where i can do it better.... 

So is it really... i mean really a shocker that I have a lot piss and vinegar about this particular topic? maybe if we stop drafting a like meathheads i won't to bother you with my using JN as a therapy. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I honestly thought Metcalf was going to be a one dimensional deep threat. Basically a Anderson with muscles. I still think Brown is a better all around receiver but Metcalf has definitely proven his worth. He would of been a good pick for Buffalo, Allen needs a big target that’s hard to over throw. 

• Upvote 1

Did Metcalf drop due to a bad 3 cone, or could it have had more to do with injury history that prematurely ended 2 of his 3 seasons at Ole Miss.  Neck injury ended his RS Soph season in 2018 and I believe another injury limited him to 2 games as a freshman. 

Medicals may have had more to do with his drop in the draft than the bad 3 cone time.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

Did Metcalf drop due to a bad 3 cone, or could it have had more to do with injury history that prematurely ended 2 of his 3 seasons at Ole Miss.  Neck injury ended his RS Soph season in 2018 and I believe another injury limited him to 2 games as a freshman. 

Medicals may have had more to do with his drop in the draft than the bad 3 cone time.

I was going to say, don’t they sort of expect bad three cones from these tall vertical receiver types? 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Despite the fact that you act like a big bitch towards me, I think you're a smart and savy poster... also, you're not an idiot. So let me once and for all try to paint you a picture - so you can drop the bitch act.

Imagine a guy... who's career has largely been Talent Management/Acquisition - who likes football and (oddly enough) loves the Talent Management Recruitment side of the sport... IOWs, the DRAFT! Crazy right?!... Now imagine have the worst couple GMs fck up the picks annually... to the point where i can do it better.... 

So is it really... i mean really a shocker that I have a lot piss and vinegar about this particular topic? maybe if we stop drafting a like meathheads i won't to bother you with my using JN as a therapy. 

So this is all I will say on this matter.

Out of the two of us, I don't think it's me that has the "act".  The only issue I have with you is your condescending bullsh*t attitude.  You act like anyone with a differing viewpoint to yours is a moron.  I don't have time or tolerance for that sh**.  And I'm not even talking about me.  It doesn't bother me one bit if you come at me.  I find it comical.  

I do think when it comes to the draft you have a good opinions and getter deeper into than probably anyone on here.  And I get the impression you love doing it, so good on you.

I'll refrain from pointing it out going forward.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, prime21 said:

Maybe not.
IMG_4261.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That 1.6% body fat, can’t be right.

“You need body fat for cellular function, energy use and to pad the joints and organs, men require at least 3 percent body fat and women at least 12 percent in order for the body to function properly, Garber said. Below that is where you start to see serious health problems. Sometimes it leads to organ failure and death”

40 minutes ago, Paradis said:

remember when you pounded the table for Dorial Green-Beckham 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So this is all I will say on this matter.

Out of the two of us, I don't think it's me that has the "act".  The only issue I have with you is your condescending bullsh*t attitude.  You act like anyone with a differing viewpoint to yours is a moron.  I don't have time or tolerance for that sh**.  And I'm not even talking about me.  It doesn't bother me one bit if you come at me.  I find it comical.  

I do think when it comes to the draft you have a good opinions and getter deeper into than probably anyone on here.  And I get the impression you love doing it, so good on you.

I'll refrain from pointing it out going forward.

I'm sorry to hear you feel that way

20 minutes ago, Lith said:

you and your reasonable prudent replies are not welcome here in January! 

5 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

remember when you pounded the table for Dorial Green-Beckham 

God I loved me some DGB... Though to be fair, i wasn't as crazy about him after he was dismissed from Mizzou

What a waste. We can be critical of this and that -- but without sitting down to interview these kids and do some thorough homework... we never really know. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Larz said:

You do seem to think it matters 

sorry to tell you it doesn’t. 

I watch 10 college games a year I have no idea who is what. 

Why would it matter to you?

Look, it's just the side of the sport that gets me innervated. We've been through a draft-holocaust, the last decade or so. So you've seen me at my worst lately. Some of you get your panties in a bunch over Jamal's antics, or maybe PSL plans for others... Some get worked up mid season over dice that i think have been cast...  I struggle with the legacy of draft ineptitude. 

Is what it is, brother. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Bowles Movement said:

Obviously all the NFL GMs including the Seahawks which could have taken him 20 something picks after Quinnen Williams didnt agree with your assessment.   But carry on. 

That doesn’t make @joewilly12  and @Jet_Engine1 wrong though. They were on Metcalf for months, and guys were all over them for it. Give credit where it’s due.

It makes them right, and it makes the GMs wrong.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I honestly thought Metcalf was going to be a one dimensional deep threat. Basically a Anderson with muscles. I still think Brown is a better all around receiver but Metcalf has definitely proven his worth. He would of been a good pick for Buffalo, Allen needs a big target that’s hard to over throw. 

all things being equal, Brown would have been a better compliment for our Offense w/Anderson the roster... as this year, how about all of them!

• Upvote 1

On the night of the draft there was speculation that DK had got caught juicing. 

That appears to have been untrue and it's great to see him play this well.

I wish the Jets had a wideout with that kind of wingspan and height. That one season where Marshall was great was alot fun...

• Upvote 1