3 Cone Drill

choon328

36 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Just because the jets are sh*tty at it, doesn’t make it a valid point buddy. Why did Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, Terry McLauren etc... go in the third round? Shouldn’t they be drafted in the top 10? Dime....a...dozen....

look at the Jefferson kid from LSU, stud...prob round 2/3

Dime a dozen? 

Well Chief we haven't won sh*t or had any success here since we had decent WR's Holmes-Cotchery-Marshall...Decker-Marshall.....and many others before them. 

Most novelty we now have a franchise QB who cant play like one without the weapons!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28 minutes ago, k-met57 said:

Just because the jets are sh*tty at it, doesn’t make it a valid point buddy. Why did Chris Godwin, AJ Brown, Terry McLauren etc... go in the third round? Shouldn’t they be drafted in the top 10? Dime....a...dozen....

look at the Jefferson kid from LSU, stud...prob round 2/3

You can go on and on

Antonio Brown

Emanuel Sanders

Colston

Tyreek Hill

Thomas on NO

Edelman

Chrebet was an UDFA

Add Metcalf to the list

to name a few

Robby has been in the league 4 years,  Metcalf is a rookie with the same production.  And "steadily improving" is not something I'd say about Robby. His best year was in 2017 and since then he's had back to back average years. 

In Metcalfs last 9 games he's had 42 rec, 608 yds and 4 tds. Doubling his production from the 1st half of the season.   He's only going to get better.  Robby has plateaued. 

Oh and in 3 years Metcalf will probably be a top 10 WR. Robby will be an overpaid deep threat for another team. 

Interesting that you think Robbie has plateaued. I guess you see things much more singularly than I do. I could see your point if I was doing the same thing. I get it.

I’m factoring in the variables surrounding these guys.
DK has Russell Wilson playing as the master of an offense he’s been in for years.
Robbie is on his 3rd and has played with 5 qb’s. This year with Sam having mono and the OL being the worst ever have certainly affected Robbies stats. And he still had almost the same production as Metcalf.
I see him as just getting started. This kid is just now approaching his prime.

I struggle to see why anyone would want to let Robbie walk. $12 mil? In two years that will be a bargain

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

more than $13 million in most cases I would guess.  His range should be in the 10 - 12 mill IMO.  15 would be really pushing it.  Probably too far for me, but I am not well versed in the Jets short and long-term cap projections.  He doesn't deserve a "#1" salary, because he is not really a #1 WR.  But I could certainly be fine with paying him more than the 9 million you are paying for Crowder in the slot right now.  And there is nothing that can be said for the Enunwa contract.  Lets just view that guaranteed money as his medical severance.  

Right. I see it exactly the same way. $13 mil is like 18th it 19th best WR money right now. There are a few in the 10-11 mil range and then the $8-9 mil is where a lot of guys sit currently.

I’m not paying Robbie $15 mil but I don’t think anyone is. He will most likely be pushing the $12 mil zone. I’m hoping they slide the check across the table if that’s the case.

Number one WR money is 14-19 mil right now I’m pretty sure. And that’s with deals signed the last two years. The cap will have gone up
Over $20 mil since then. It’s ok to keep our biggest young threat who USA out to enter his prime I’d say.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

10 mil is low Joe. 8-10 is solid WR money. The best guys are commanding 16-19 per at the moment.

Robbie will get at least 11 and probably more like 12.5 per. I’m totally cool with that.

We will still need a #1 WR RA cant do it alone and i'm ok with $11-$12 million thats it. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

We will still need a #1 WR RA cant do it alone and i'm ok with $11-$12 million thats it. 

Agreed. We will grab a monster WR in this draft. This is the year we do it man. I can feel it.  Big beefcake o line and a stud WR are coming! 

Having to replace Anderson when that happens would be foolishness imo. Crowder, Anderson and Justin Jefferson running around with Sam having time. oh my goodness!!! 

PAY R0BBIE!!!   :) 

• Upvote 1