Really Important Life Decisions

Hey all, need some help on life and rather than consulting professionals or researching on my own I have come to the conclusion that asking Internet strangers on a football forum is the best course of action. Wondering about:

- Where to send kids to college

- How to invest my life savings. Stocks? Real estate? Luxury watches? Help.

- Career stuff. Should I work? What type of work should I do?

- Travel. Where should I go? How do I get there?

- Exercise. Is there a point? What is that point?

- Food. What do you eat? Should I eat the same thing? Where do you get it?

Thanks to all for the help much appreciated.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Finally. I've been waiting 10 years for someone to ask me to impart all of my wisdom; I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Hey all, need some help on life and rather than consulting professionals or researching on my own I have come to the conclusion that asking Internet strangers on a football forum is the best course of action. Wondering about:
Don't. Save for a college education, and when on the first Monday after Labor Day following their high school graduation, take them to the roulette wheel in AC and bet it all on red or black, their choice. If they lose, they're on their own. If they win, have them take half and invest in whatever the equivalent of bitcoin is at that point, and put the rest on the street, live off the vig.
Find yourself a sucker willing to give up his PSL. Investment gold!
Don't be a mook. If you have to ask this question...
Don't leave the continental US, and walk everywhere. Remember, everywhere is walking distance if you have the time. And if you follow my advice, you have the time.
Nah - you only have so much energy in your batteries, don't waste it on exercise! C'mon, be smart!
I eat an Andalusian diet, in my autonomous kingdom in Manhattan. It would only be easier if your in the suburbs. Highly recommend. [/ b]
Thanks to all for the help much appreciated
You're very welcome. That will be 2.03 bitcoin.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The best school that they get into where their talents AND desires intersect.  College was the best and most impactful experience of my life, not because of the professors or classes but because of the life experiences, hot women, and spending time surrounded by other smart people whose arrows were pointing upwards in life.

First save in a safe, interest-bearing account until you have an emergency fund of at least 3 months living expenses.  Second, pay down all debt including credit cards, car loans, etc.  Pretty much everything except the mortgage.  Third, with money above and beyond your emergency fund begin investing in easily tradeable/convertible investments like safe stocks, bonds, ETFs and mutual funds....things you can liquidate/sell quickly if necessary.  Real estate and hard, tangible goods like art, watches, collectibles, professional football teams aren't easy to move out of and should be looked at after you've got that first liquid million $.  Just my opinion.

See the answer above on college.  I think the secret to life is doing something that you love AND you're good at.  It kinda has to be both.  I can LOVE basketball but at 5'10" I'm never going to make a career in the NBA.  I might be really good at Mechanical Engineering but I never found a love for Thermodynamics or wanted to design an engine.  I found a career managing engineers and smart people that I enjoy and I'm pretty good at.  Marry your desire to your talent!

Forward.  Use your feet. Head in a different direction than you've gone in the past and stop when you get someplace interesting.

See previous answer.  Exercise is great for the mind, not just the body.  Do it with a purpose, go someplace new.  Don't just sit on an exercise bike or run on a treadmill.

You'll see a theme here with my previous answers (doing smart things that are enjoyable).  It took me a while but I've found a way to find foods that are both healthy AND that I enjoy.  I've become a big fan of omelettes and salads.  You can put whatever the heck you want in each of those things and you can dial up or dial down the health for each. I'll do a veggie omelet for breakfast with only the veggies I like....then a green salad with some steak chunks or grilled BBQ chicken in it for lunch.  Tastes good and I feel like I'm doing something smart for my body.  I head to happy hour on Friday knowing that I can indulge because I've paid it forward all week.

Thanks to all for the help much appreciated.

No, thank you for getting me thinking about these types of questions again.

And, I don't trust experts either.  I come to internet message boards full of crazy football fans for ALL of my medical and legal advice. :D 

• Upvote 1