My Recap of Wild Card Weekend

7 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

- Best Wild Card weekend for the Jets since 2010

- Josh Allen imploded

- Brady won't be on the Pats next year

- Saints got screwed

- Josh McCown is still the man

- Thank God we didn't take DK Metcalf with that terrible 3 cone drill

Brady will be back with the Pats next season. If he didn't  throw that pick 6, i would say it's  50/50 but he is going to want to cone back and show everyone he was right to stay this long. This should be fine with everyone. Over the last two seasons, Brady has gotten progressively worse. That trend should continue.  

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Brady will be back with the Pats next season. If he didn't  throw that pick 6, i would say it's  50/50 but he is going to want to cone back and show everyone he was right to stay this long. This should be fine with everyone. Over the last two seasons, Brady has gotten progressively worse. That trend should continue.  

HE obviously wants back in. It will be sweet watching him get rejected by BB and maybe even kraft 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

The post game interviews with Brady and Belichick really make it seem like he's not too interested in being on the Patriots. I don't know how many teams are really going to line up to pay him a ton, he didn't really look that good this year.

I really doubt Brady retires. He’s not going to let his last pass be a pick 6. I think he’ll take another one year contract with New England and then finally be done after that.

Saints couldn’t get Drew Brees the ball back and they lost because of it. Brees was automatic on the 2 minute drill and there’s no doubt in my mind the GOAT would of put that one to sleep if he gets the ball back at any point in OT. Shouldn’t of let it get to that point but meh.. Vikings will get smashed next round anyway.

I wanted DK Metcalf so badly., he was the big bodied WR that Sam needed. Could of traded a 3rd rounder (wasted it on Jachai anyway) and moved up into the 2nd for a REAL weapon. Macc sat on his hands. Thank Jesus he is gone.

Joah McCown is the best human being on any team he has ever played on. Love me some McCown. I still remember his deep ball to Robby being money all 2017. This is probably his last year and happy he finally got to be in a playoff game. He even got to start.

Josh Allen looked decent for much of the game. Him and the Bills fought hard but Allen just couldn’t seal the deal in OT. A few late errant passes really made the difference there. I still see him throwing at WR’s instead of leading or throwing with anticipation. He see’s, he throws. Not always a good result.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

The post game interviews with Brady and Belichick really make it seem like he's not too interested in being on the Patriots. I don't know how many teams are really going to line up to pay him a ton, he didn't really look that good this year.

Someone will hoping he can recapture his old form. A lot of talking heads are blaming thr Pats as much as him for not getting him help oitside of Brown who became a public relations disaster  they weren't  able to handle

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I really doubt Brady retires. He’s not going to let his last pass be a pick 6. I think he’ll take another one year contract with New England and then finally be done after that.

Saints couldn’t get Drew Brees the ball back and they lost because of it. Brees was automatic on the 2 minute drill and there’s no doubt in my mind the GOAT would of put that one to sleep if he gets the ball back at any point in OT. Shouldn’t of let it get to that point but meh.. Vikings will get smashed next round anyway.

I wanted DK Metcalf so badly., he was the big bodied WR that Sam needed. Could of traded a 3rd rounder (wasted it on Jachai anyway) and moved up into the 2nd for a REAL weapon. Macc sat on his hands. Thank Jesus he is gone.

Joah McCown is the best human being on any team he has ever played on. Love me some McCown. I still remember his deep ball to Robby being money all 2017. This is probably his last year and happy he finally got to be in a playoff game. He even got to start.

Josh Allen looked decent for much of the game. Him and the Bills fought hard but Allen just couldn’t seal the deal in OT. A few late errant passes really made the difference there. I still see him throwing at WR’s instead of leading or throwing with anticipation. He see’s, he throws. Not always a good result.

Yea I agree on all points. The Brady topic is interesting. I can't really see a team adding Brady at this age for big money. I almost think he has to stay in NE. I can't see him leaving to a team that isn't a contender.

Closest think to that may be the Bears but does he really want to face the Vikings and the Packers twice a year after playing the cupcakes in the AFC East

3 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Someone will hoping he can recapture his old form. A lot of talking heads are blaming thr Pats as much as him for not getting him help oitside of Brown who became a public relations disaster  they weren't  able to handle

The Bears seem to fit the mold I'd look for if I were Brady but does he want to face the Packers and Vikings twice a year? And how much does Brady feel he is worth?

2 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

Yea I agree on all points. The Brady topic is interesting. I can't really see a team adding Brady at this age for big money. I almost think he has to stay in NE. I can't see him leaving to a team that isn't a contender.

Closest think to that may be the Bears but does he really want to face the Vikings and the Packers twice a year after playing the cupcakes in the AFC East

I think he stays in NE one more year. Would be wild if NE told him that he is done there and if he wants to play anymore he has to sign with someone else. 

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think he stays in NE one more year. Would be wild if NE told him that he is done there and if he wants to play anymore he has to sign with someone else. 

I have a feeling Kraft wants him back but BB does not. If that's the case maybe BB says goodbye.

• Post of the Week 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I get the same feeling. BB was looking towards the future when Jimmy G was still around a few years ago. Probably feels even stronger about moving on in 2020

I wonder if BB is making back-channel overtures to the NY Giants today, having his reps make some indications that if the Giants pursued him or even gave up a draft pick as compensation to the Patriots he would go coach the Giants and Daniel Jones.  I think it's Belichick's dream job after everything he's accomplished in NE and my guess is that Jones is the type of level-headed, well-rounded QB he thinks he could work with (like Brady).

2 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I get the same feeling. BB was looking towards the future when Jimmy G was still around a few years ago. Probably feels even stronger about moving on in 2020

I could see Pats drafting Eason. No relation to pats former Qb Tony, which I just found out lol

1 hour ago, bla bla bla said:

Chargers.... Period... makes too much sense... Chargers are opening a new stadium... Sell tickets... Brady can bring TB12 to Hollywood. Brady is from California, Chargers have a better roster then Pats. I think this is too easy. 

• Post of the Week 1

23 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I wonder if BB is making back-channel overtures to the NY Giants today, having his reps make some indications that if the Giants pursued him or even gave up a draft pick as compensation to the Patriots he would go coach the Giants and Daniel Jones.  I think it's Belichick's dream job after everything he's accomplished in NE and my guess is that Jones is the type of level-headed, well-rounded QB he thinks he could work with (like Brady).

We are on the same wavelength haha I think it makes a lot of sense. Who facilitates a trade of the GM/HC? Would Craft need to sign off or is BB like nope that 7th round pick looks great lets get it done!

9 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Chargers.... Period... makes too much sense... Chargers are opening a new stadium... Sell tickets... Brady can bring TB12 to Hollywood. Brady is from California, Chargers have a better roster then Pats. I think this is too easy. 

That makes a lot of sense. I can't see Rivers playing for another team especially after the tear jerking press conference so he'll probably retire now that his contract is up. Plus Brady playing in the AFC West will allow him to face the Patriots next season.

16 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

That makes a lot of sense. I can't see Rivers playing for another team especially after the tear jerking press conference so he'll probably retire now that his contract is up. Plus Brady playing in the AFC West will allow him to face the Patriots next season.

Rivers goes to NE to be a transition QB... HAHA... that one I don't know... But I think Brady is 100% going to Chargers... makes too much sense on both sides.

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, bla bla bla said:

We are on the same wavelength haha I think it makes a lot of sense. Who facilitates a trade of the GM/HC? Would Craft need to sign off or is BB like nope that 7th round pick looks great lets get it done!

I don't know the contract status of Belichick but I think the way it would have to work is John Mara contacting Kraft....or Gettleman reaching out to say they want permission to interview a HC that's currently under contract.

Where Brady, McDaniels and Belichick end up next year is a very interesting question.  In fact, I feel an itch to start a poll...lol.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I don't know the contract status of Belichick but I think the way it would have to work is John Mara contacting Kraft....or Gettleman reaching out to say they want permission to interview a HC that's currently under contract.

Where Brady, McDaniels and Belichick end up next year is a very interesting question.  In fact, I feel an itch to start a poll...lol.

Brady to Chargers.... BB stays.... McDaniels to Cleveland only on a huge deal (Gruden-esk)... if not he stays in NE.

• Upvote 1

Both Brady and Brees looked old.  Brees looked a lot like post injury Pennington - just cant get enough on the ball to throw sideline or deep middle routes.  I'd grade both on a slight curve tho, as both were short on targets and the Titans and Vikings essentially took Edelman and Thomas out of each game and there were no other reliable targets to throw to.  Having said that, I think Brady has more left than Brees and Bress should consider retirement.

Once the Texans made adjustments and shut down the Bills run game, Allen looked like garbage in the 2nd half and cost his team a victory by being unable to make accurate throws to open receivers.  

Losing Wentz basically ended the Eagles chances - McCown painted a nice stat sheet but he was off target a lot and therefore cost the team yards after the catch opportunities and he most likely left a lot of points on the field.  His decision to try and run 8 yards to the end zone at the end was not a wise one considering he's not fast and he looked like he strained a hammy.   Nevertheless,what a performance by Clowney, if he played like that every game he would be worth a huge contract - but how can you trust him considering all the plays and entire games he has taken "off" in the past.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Brady to Chargers.... BB stays.... McDaniels to Cleveland only on a huge deal (Gruden-esk)... if not he stays in NE.

I do believe Brady is leaving the Pats - Chris Collingsworth basically said its decided according to his knowledge.  So the question is who will be the Pats QB in 2020?  Stidham has talent but is prolly far from ready for showtime.  Consequently can you picture Eli Manning becoming the Pats starter in 2020?  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

You and Chris Collinsworth think alike.. He said that in the broadcast yesterday..

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, deucebag said:

I do believe Brady is leaving the Pats - Chris Collingsworth basically said its decided according to his knowledge.  So the question is who will be the Pats QB in 2020?  Stidham has talent but is prolly far from ready for showtime.  Consequently can you picture Eli Manning becoming the Pats starter in 2020?  

Bart Scott had it 4 weeks ago... But yes Collinsworth repeated it last night...  Stidham... maybe, I have heard here in Boston that they are very high on him... Another thought would be to get Rivers as a transition QB and draft one or until Stidham is definitely ready,. Eli is going to have to retire... nobody is signing him to be a starter and he won't sign as a back-up

2 hours ago, bla bla bla said:

Then the next question is which team looks desperate enough. The only one I keep landing on is the Dolphins haha they could let That rest a year then

I would say the best situation is The Chargers. Good offensive weapons, good D, and probably will think twice about resigning Rivers. 

• Upvote 1

You lost me at Josh McCown is still the man. I love the guy but his lack of playing time and age showed up in his inability to navigate the pocket and pick up his outlet receiver.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

6 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Another thought that was brought up that also makes a ton of sense, is Josh McDaniels and Brady both go to Carolina... Interesting..

That's a hell of an idea too. but since the AFC West plays the AFC East next year I could see Brady wanting to try and beat Belichick

• Upvote 1