My Recap of Wild Card Weekend

It's amazing that even someone like Brady, who you'd think has some intelligence along with a big ego, would allow himself to tarnish his legacy by continuing to play at this low level - obviously he thinks he can be better, but is he that egotistical to think he can defeat father time? When Namath played for the Rams at the end, it was also sad, but Namath was fighting injuries more than time, and didn't have the career Brady did. It's very few who know when to get out before their skills completely diminish (cause they have nothing else to do and it's all they know)... Thinking of a few; Rocky Marciano (boxers rarely get out in time), Tim Duncan... who else retired at the top???

1 hour ago, roscoeword said:

It's amazing that even someone like Brady, who you'd think has some intelligence along with a big ego, would allow himself to tarnish his legacy by continuing to play at this low level - obviously he thinks he can be better, but is he that egotistical to think he can defeat father time? When Namath played for the Rams at the end, it was also sad, but Namath was fighting injuries more than time, and didn't have the career Brady did. It's very few who know when to get out before their skills completely diminish (cause they have nothing else to do and it's all they know)... Thinking of a few; Rocky Marciano (boxers rarely get out in time), Tim Duncan... who else retired at the top???

I think the question is was it Brady that slipped or did he slip because he was missing Gronk more than anything ? Maybe that is why they took the flyers on guys like Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon. 

I have no doubt that he has slipped some but I still think that given the right situation he could still make a run.

4 minutes ago, shawn306 said:

I think the question is was it Brady that slipped or did he slip because he was missing Gronk more than anything ? Maybe that is why they took the flyers on guys like Antonio Brown and Josh Gordon. 

I have no doubt that he has slipped some but I still think that given the right situation he could still make a run.

He won 4 SBs without Gronk, he led the greatest comeback of all time in a SB without Gronk.  Brady could always win no matter who was around him, he's old.  It was bound to happen that his play began to fall off.  At this point he needs more talent around him to make up for his new age related flaws.  Could he come back and play well enough to win next year?  I think he could with the right talent around him which is something he never had to worry about in previous years.