Could the Eagles possibly be interested in a QB?

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, and I don't think it would be as far fetched as it may seem.

Carson Wentz has talent, yes.  The Eagles were hit just as hard with injuries this year as the Jets were, yes.

But,  Carson Wentz was also sustained another injury.  Was it a freak injury, sure(even though it was targeting by Clowney) but another injury none the less.

Even though Carson made it through the regular season this year, this is still another injury for him, which have piled up in recently.  I think the Eagles would be smart by adding another QB to the room that could be a viable backup, but also potentially push him for the starting gig as well if the opportunity came.  Josh might call it a career anyway, so they would be in the market for a reliable number two,

Would they use a 1st round pick on one?  Probably not, but with Joe Douglas' link to Philly, it could be fun to speculate if they could make some kind of deal in the 2nd or 3rd round if there is player they end up really liking, potentially for a player or picks.

Thoughts?

Just now, chrisfaceoff said:

I was talking to a friend about this yesterday, and I don't think it would be as far fetched as it may seem.

Carson Wentz has talent, yes.  The Eagles were hit just as hard with injuries this year as the Jets were, yes.

But,  Carson Wentz was also sustained another injury.  Was it a freak injury, sure(even though it was targeting by Clowney) but another injury none the less.

Even though Carson made it through the regular season this year, this is still another injury for him, which have piled up in recently.  I think the Eagles would be smart by adding another QB to the room that could be a viable backup, but also potentially push him for the starting gig as well if the opportunity came.  Josh might call it a career anyway, so they would be in the market for a reliable number two,

Would they use a 1st round pick on one?  Probably not, but with Joe Douglas' link to Philly, it could be fun to speculate if they could make some kind of deal in the 2nd or 3rd round if there is player they end up really liking, potentially for a player or picks.

Thoughts?

No way the Eagles are drafting a QB in Round 1.  I think they're confident in Wentz.  Yesterday's injury was an anomaly for a guy who finally played an entire 16-game season.  Wentz is their guy and he just signed a 4-year, $128M contract THIS YEAR.

Just my opinion, he ain't goin' nowhere!

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

Thoughts?

You bet they’d be interested. Maybe the kid from Utah State. I’d bet they like a kid like Russell Wilson. If nothing else they need a quality back up.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app