Belichick, Brady, McDaniels - Place your bets about who is in NE next year!

Who returns to the Patriots for 2020?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Who returns to the Patriots for 2020?

• Brady
    • McDaniels
    • Belichick

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Brady and McDaniels. 

Kraft is firmly in the Brady camp.  So he'll do whatever he needs to to keep Brady.  Belichick wants to move on from Brady.  

Interesting take.

Wouldn't it be something if Belichick weasels his way out of his contract to go to the Giants, and McDaniels takes over as HC bringing Brady back?!?!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Interesting take.
Wouldn't it be something if Belichick weasels his way out of his contract to go to the Giants, and McDaniels takes over as HC bringing Brady back?!?!

Yep. This exact scenario was thrown out there by Charlie Weis this morning.
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting take.

This is exactly what I think will happen.  Belichick might get traded.  We've seen HC's get traded before.  The Pats are gonna need picks after they get punished for Spygate v2.0.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, varjet said:

I have been informed from a reliable source that Brady’s kids will be attending school someplace on the East Coadt other than Massachusetts next September. 

Not saying more than that, but it is the truth. 

Dolphins? Could the dolphins be on Brady for a year or two while Tua rehabs? Jax is paying Foles too much... That won't happen. Indy isn't the coast. Eagles... unlikely... Redskins... maybe but I don't see that.

I think Brady is just setting up shop for another house in Greenwich and it has nothing to do with where he is going to play football for the next few years....  

I think McDaniels leaves if he gets the right offer.  Hell take the BB way and be like his teacher.  If the job being offered him is a better situation tham the one he's inheriting.  I think Brady's 50/50.  Hes so obsessed with winning that he might actually take a "Joe Montana to KC" turn and ride out with some desperate team.  For everyone talking about Belicheck going to the Giants, I just dont see that.  His family is firmly rooted in NE and he's an icon there.  They just have a lot more things at stake.   Brady can leave Masshole-ville and nobody will ultimately hold it against him.  If they replace him with another young QB they REALLY won't.  His legend there is in stone.  But if BB left and the organization. went to hell... who would the fans have some bitterness towards?  Fans always remember the last memory the most vividly.

18 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Interesting take.

If that was the case why would Brady be selling his house in Mass and buying property in CT close to Manhattan??

I think if anything other than the pick 6 happened Brady would be gone to another team to show he was who helped the team have all the success, not Belichek, and Josh actually takes a head coaching job for real this time

I think Brady wont want to end his time in NE with that play, so now he comes back, Bill will stay because I think he was never going anywhere, and Josh still takes a head coaching job for real this time, but not without almost flip flopping again

13 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Why would McDaniels turn down the Colts job in the 11th hour unless there was an unwritten agreement that he'd be the next HC for the Patriots?

Unless of course Kraft was being slimy and will go back on his promise, which is certainly a strong possibility.

If you were McDaniels would you want to be the guy left in NE with a 65 year old Tom Brady, no Belichick and a fanbase of angry, spoiled Massholes who expect you to keep the Super Bowl train rolling?  I'd get out of town and start fresh someplace else where I'm not a continuation of someone else's legacy......the same way Belichick ran away from Parcells' shadow.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

If you were McDaniels would you want to be the guy left in NE with a 65 year old Tom Brady, no Belichick and a fanbase of angry, spoiled Massholes who expect you to keep the Super Bowl train rolling?  I'd get out of town and start fresh someplace else where I'm not a continuation of someone else's legacy......the same way Belichick ran away from Parcells' shadow.

Of course not.  But then why didn't McDaniels take the Colts job?  He can do math; he new how old Brady would be by the time Belichick finally left.

I'm not McDaniels, so I have no idea what goes on in his head.  I'm just looking at what happened previously and trying to make an educated guess.

• Upvote 1

Good speculation here.

It sounds like most people believe the decoupling (if it happens) would be Brady/McDaniels going one way (or staying) and Belichick going the other way (or staying).  I believe that what isn't a real possibility is Brady and Belichick remaining together with the Pats if McDaniels left to be a HC someplace else.  There's really no possibility of a new OC under Belichick starting to build around Tom Brady.

1 hour ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Dolphins? Could the dolphins be on Brady for a year or two while Tua rehabs? Jax is paying Foles too much... That won't happen. Indy isn't the coast. Eagles... unlikely... Redskins... maybe but I don't see that.

I think Brady is just setting up shop for another house in Greenwich and it has nothing to do with where he is going to play football for the next few years....  

Indy seems impossible for other reasons.   Indy was responsible for deflategate.  The McDaniels fiasco.

And maybe most of all, much of the Colts' fan base would never accept him.   He tortured them and rivaled Peyton Manning.  Colts fans can't stand him.

I would never accept him as a Jet.  NEVER.  

Even if Brady won a SB in Indy... it would feel to many of the fans like Brady's #7... not the Colts.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Indy seems impossible for other reasons.   Indy was responsible for deflategate.  The McDaniels fiasco.

And maybe most of all, much of the Colts' fan base would never accept him.   He tortured them and rivaled Peyton Manning.  Colts fans can't stand him.

I would never accept him as a Jet.  NEVER.  

Even if Brady won a SB in Indy... it would feel to many of the fans like Brady's #7... not the Colts.

The Only 2 spots Brady fits are Chargers because they are done with Rivers and want to sell tickets and Brady wants to sell his lifestyle/brand of TB12 to Hollywood... or Carolina IF they hire McDaniels as the next HC because he won't have to move off the east coast and won't have to teach a new system to the rest of the team (Brady is taking his offense with him, for sure)