Sign in to follow this  
BCJet

Center Rankings

On the main board there has been some discussion about Tyler Biadasz having a subpar bowl game and not being a sure first rounder. There has also been the news that Cesar Ruiz from a Michigan declared Matt Miller referrred to him as Center #2). 

Adding Ruiz to the list of Biadasz and Creed Humphrey, does that give us 3 legitimate options at the top of the second round?  These guys are in addition to Jake Hansen and Matt Hennessy both of are more 3/4 round guys.  

Seems like there is some good depth at a position of need, just not necessarily an elite player. Personally I like Humphrey the best and think he would be an excellent pick in round 2. 

Some places are listing Nick Harris as a Center as well.  Admittedly, I know nothing about him.

Admittedly, I know nothing about ANY of the Center prospects besides Tyler. 

Going to be a lot of brushing up for me on this draft class. I always get excited for this time of year. 

I still have Biadasz as the top C prospect. Seems silly to hold one bad performance against him.

What happened to Cushenberry and Darryl Williams? These guys were up there in the top 5 C prospect rankings all year. Are they staying in school? I like both as potential Rd. 3 prospects.   

From what I have seen of Nick Harris on film his size concerns me. I just see him being overwhelmed by NFL interior linemen in pass protection. I know he is more of an athletic C who is good on the move and in space. But his anchor concerns me big time. Especially in pass protection. But in the run game as well. 

1. Creed Humphrey 

2. Tyler Biadasz

3. Nick Harris

4. Matt Hennessy 

5. Jake Hanson

I haven’t seen much of a guy like Darryl Williams. And a guy like Cushenberry gives me Johnathan Cooper vibes. More of an athlete than football player. Plus he didn’t make the line calls at LSU.

Dane Brugler came out with a top 100 today on the Athletic 

it's behind a pay wall 

https://theathletic.com/1514719/2020/01/07/updated-top-100-nfl-draft-board-a-new-rb1-emerges-in-a-talent-rich-group/

The centers were as follows:

1. Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU at 49 overall 
  2. Cesar Ruiz, Michigan at 53 overall 
  3. Matt Hennessy, Temple at 76 overall 
  4. Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin at 89 overall

Creed Humphrey is rumored to be returning to school 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, bitonti said:

Dane Brugler came out with a top 100 today on the Athletic 

it's behind a pay wall 

https://theathletic.com/1514719/2020/01/07/updated-top-100-nfl-draft-board-a-new-rb1-emerges-in-a-talent-rich-group/

The centers were as follows:

1. Lloyd Cushenberry, LSU at 49 overall 
  2. Cesar Ruiz, Michigan at 53 overall 
  3. Matt Hennessy, Temple at 76 overall 
  4. Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin at 89 overall

Creed Humphrey is rumored to be returning to school 

Thanks for sharing.  Interesting list as I haven't seen Cushenberry in the Top 3 anywhere (of course, I haven't looked everywhere).

No Nick Harris on the list is interesting to me.  Harris is slightly undersized and could have some problems with very large, powerful NTs lined up right over him, but he's smart, athletic, can block in space very well, etc.  Could be a zone only type guy but I think he has to be considered for in the mid/late 2nd to 3rd round.

19 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Thanks for sharing.  Interesting list as I haven't seen Cushenberry in the Top 3 anywhere (of course, I haven't looked everywhere). 

I don't "swear by" brugler _ he has Wills higher than Wirfs for example (and maybe he's correct) but the center crop is nebulous this year and it's safe to say there isn't a Nick Mangold in the group

but remember both Mangold and Brick were at the Senior Bowl that's where most of these guys can distinguish themselves and make (or lose) money 

• Upvote 1