Jets Pass Rush, Vikings

JetsLife

One big take way from yesterday was the Vikings pass rush. Brees was constantly harassed, forcing him in to several turnovers and the underdog Vikings won. Once again underscoring the critical importance of potent pass rush. A powerful pass rush is a value added, force multiplier for the entire team. Changes the entire complexion of every game.

As much as the o-line needs help, so does our 4-man pass rush. A blitz-heavy defense like Gregg Williams' generally bites you in the ass over time. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz.

I'll be a happier Jets fan if Joe Douglas builds a Fort Knox o-line and a ferocious pass rush. For the 2019 Jets' surprisingly strong run defense, their pass rush wasn't good. Not an insignificant factor in their poor 7-9 record.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

Just now, redlichtie said:

We have been deficient here for more than a decade....shocking how edge pressure has been ignored 

Idiot GM after Idiot GM.

I never understood how it can be so hard to address your franchise’s most pressing needs. GM’s watch each game, correct? Surely they see Darnold getting blindsided or QB’s having enough time to build a tree house in the pocket. 

As I said in the draft forum, Joe D is going to be a breath of fresh air, imo. He’s not a dummy.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

One big take way from yesterday was the Vikings pass rush. Brees was constantly harassed, forcing him in to several turnovers and the underdog Vikings won. Once again underscoring the critical importance of potent pass rush. A powerful pass rush is a value added, force multiplier for the entire team. Changes the entire complexion of every game.

As much as the o-line needs help, so does our 4-man pass rush. A blitz-heavy defense like Gregg Williams' generally bites you in the ass over time. Live by the blitz, die by the blitz.

I'll be a happier Jets fan if Joe Douglas builds a Fort Knox o-line and a ferocious pass rush. For the 2019 Jets' surprisingly strong run defense, their pass rush wasn't good. Not an insignificant factor in their poor 7-9 record.

Wish we had a guy like Anthony Barr. Don't know why we never targeted him in FA

the simpsons mcbain GIF

• Sympathy 1

20 minutes ago, JetsLife said:

Not just the Vikings.  Look at this past weekend.  The 49ers are on a bye largely because of their pass rush and Defense.  The Seahawks knocked Wentz out of the game.  Guys like Clowney, Bosa, the Vikings group, etc. are in the Final 4 of the NFC.  It's not a coincidence IMO.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Idiot GM after Idiot GM.

I never understood how it can be so hard to address your franchise’s most pressing needs. GM’s watch each game, correct? Surely they see Darnold getting blindsided or QB’s having enough time to build a tree house in the pocket. 

As I said in the draft forum, Joe D is going to be a breath of fresh air, imo. He’s not a dummy.

Totally agree. Was completely dumbfounded seeing Mr Coffee select Williams over Allen last year, it made ZERO sense. Same as drafting Jamal and Maye together leaving Deshaun and Cook on the board the year before. What would the Jet franchise be with Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook on offense?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Idiot GM after Idiot GM.

Yes, but we likely need 2 years to address our needs along the Oline, WR, Edge rushing, and CB. 

11 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

Totally agree. Was completely dumbfounded seeing Mr Coffee select Williams over Allen last year, it made ZERO sense. Same as drafting Jamal and Maye together leaving Deshaun and Cook on the board the year before. What would the Jet franchise be with Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook on offense?

We would have also had 4 additional draft picks. 2 years ago #1 not having to draft a QB. Prob wouldn't be as high but still. And 3 additional 2nd rounders to build around Watson and Cook.

4 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

it took me along time to understand how to build a successful roster by drafting impact players in the top rounds...like cook watson etc and not picking wilk sheldon jamal etc like we have. 

But i am a fan and don't do this for a living or been around the game my whole like professionally. How we get GMs that didn't realize that is crazy to me. I mean these guys have no trucking idea how to build a roster and somehow convinces a room full of people they were right. 

It make me sick. And now fans disagree with this and some even applaud terrible moves. That is ok.

What is not ok is when our Front office does, ownership does. how the hell do these people have jobs. Building a successful roster and spending money on impact players that effect games should be like the building blocks of GM school.

I hate the jets sometime so much, it self inflicted wounds. Right now our GM should be trying to get all he can for Jamal - our fans can dislike the move, but in reality it is the only move that makes sense roster wise.

• Upvote 1