RobR

Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

I can’t remember the last time 4 tackles went in the top 10, especially when you have 3 QBs probably going in the top 10 along with Chase and Okudah. Jets are getting a tackle at 11.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 2

Daniel Jeremiah just mocked four tackles in the top 10, with Becton being the first one taken (by giants and their affinities for hog mollies)!

I saw that and I think he is wrong.

Wasn't 4 tackles, but 2013, 5 OL went in the top 10.  3 OT (Eric Fisher, Luke Joeckel and Lane Jonson) plus Chase Warmack and Jonathan Cooper.  Then Fluker went 11. 
These are the Jets.  Nothing ever seems to go as we would hope.  I fully expect 3 or maybe even 4 OTs will come off the board and we will draft defense.

They had no QBs go in the top 10 that draft, EJ Manuel was the first QB in the teens I believe.

As much as I LOVE this OT class, even I can't see four going Top 10 because it would be unprecedented. I also can't see 3QB's going that early because after Burrow you only have one deserving QB in Tua and he is held together with chicken wire and mortar. Herbert is fools gold.
Did you see that kid from S. Carolona St., Alex Taylor? 6084 with 36 1/8" arms at 308 lbs which is super light for that frame. I watched a bit of his tape and wasn't very impressed but as a developmental guy he's huge with a giant wingspan. I wouldn't mind gambling a 5th or 6th on him depending what we do earlier.

I haven’t watched Taylor yet. I also haven’t watched Herbert, but we have all seen this show before. Huge kid, huge arm, good intangibles. If he has a good week in Mobile, he’s going top 10 (whether he deserves to or not)

With the week Herbert is having at the Senior Bowl, he’s playing his way into the top 10 (good for us). Remember, Daniel Jones went top 10 in part because he was the Senior Bowl MVP

• Upvote 1

Tua and Herbert are both big X factors in this Draft.  There will be a team that simply can't watch Tua slide towards 10.  They'll move up to get him.  My assumption here, of course, is that all of his medicals come out okay and that he runs and throws at some point prior to the Draft.  That may not be the Combine (I think he's skipping that but might go for the measurements?) but he'll need to run and throw at a Pro Day or something no later than late March / early April so that teams have enough time to evaluate and decide just where they'd be comfortable taking him.
If Burrow, Herbert, Tua all go in the Top 10, along with Chase Young and Jeffrey Okudah then that right there leaves potentially 6 guys (all of whom could be a fit for both value and need with the Jets) of which at least one is mathematically guaranteed to be there at #11.  I'd put up Wills, Wirfs, Thomas, Becton, Jeudy and Lamb as those 6 right now.

Exactly. Let the Herbert hype train begin!

I could see him at 5 to the dolphins 

He’s playing well today

• Upvote 1

Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company