JD Hints Bell and Adams will be back in 20

8 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The most important thing is to make sure that this offensive line IS NOT COMING BACK.  

This chart is ridiculous and Im not blaming that on Bell as if he forgot how to run a football. This is mostly bad Olinemen and some bad play designs/calling.

ENpMvLJX0AAPSjK?format=jpg&name=large

Every time real data comes about this OL, it gets uglier and uglier and uglier.  my gawd. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I think we should assume both are coming back. 

With that said, Douglas has already made it very clear that if the right deal comes along every player on this team (minus Darnold) can be had if the the price is right. 

Think we are looking at the only swap may be perhaps Lamb or Jeudy for Robby based on either Robby wanting more than we want to pay, or the team just feeling Robby is not really a number 1 WR and 1 of these 2 WRs in the draft have a better chance of being that. 

45 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

The most important thing is to make sure that this offensive line IS NOT COMING BACK.  

This chart is ridiculous and Im not blaming that on Bell as if he forgot how to run a football. This is mostly bad Olinemen and some bad play designs/calling.

That’s mostly on the play called. Gase is terrible. 

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

So most teams run about 1/3 of the time on 2nd and 10+. The Jets, an obvious outlier, ran about 1/2 of the time on 2nd and 10+.  Any thoughts on why?

49 minutes ago, JiF said:

Every time real data comes about this OL, it gets uglier and uglier and uglier.  my gawd. 

I started a thread a few days ago...the 2019 NY Jets OL was HISTORICALLY BAD...one of only 3 OL’s in league history to:

1.  Give up 50+ Sacks

2.  Have the Run game average < 3.5 yards/carry.

Prior to drafting Darnold, the entire world knew the Jets needed a QB, so why would a GM continue to draft defense? 

Amazing Darnold completed over 60% with that line, running for his life virtually every play.  Sanchez wouldn’t have hit 40% and it’s doubtful he would have won 2 games in 2 years with receivers never getting separation either.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Was on Michael Kay Show yesterday. I listened. Much like his presser, hint after hint Bell and Adams aren't going anywhere. 

A) You could also tell gase and Williams really want Adams back and a mid round 1st doesn't make any sense for a 2 time pro bowler in his prime.

b) with Bell is may be a money thing. Doesn't make sense to eat the money and no other team seems to want to take it on. He was a great team player and can do more with an improved line. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/joe-douglas-le-veon-bell-jamal-adams-1.40333908

There are arguments to be made to retain both.  Adams for being good.  Bell for cost and low likely value of compensation.

Such is life, he is the boss.  Retaining Adams means less tools to rebuild the offense, but we should still have plenty of draft picks and Free Agent money available.  If Adams is renegotiated during this off-season, that will be a challenge in rebuilding the Offense, cap wise, but again, such is life.

Regardless, Douglas (and Gase) will still need to build a materially improved (ranked 15 or higher) offense in 2020, Bell, Adams or not.  There will be no excuses if he fails, he has/had assets to work with.  Another bottom of NFL Offensive showing is unacceptable.

I hope he is up to the challenge, he was and is very respected coming into the job, and while his errors with kickers and signing scrapheap Khalil and mismanaging Osemele were pretty bad, they were short-term desperation moves I won't hold against him.

2 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Was on Michael Kay Show yesterday. I listened. Much like his presser, hint after hint Bell and Adams aren't going anywhere. 

A) You could also tell gase and Williams really want Adams back and a mid round 1st doesn't make any sense for a 2 time pro bowler in his prime.

b) with Bell is may be a money thing. Doesn't make sense to eat the money and no other team seems to want to take it on. He was a great team player and can do more with an improved line. 

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/jets/joe-douglas-le-veon-bell-jamal-adams-1.40333908

I just merged this with the post I made yesterday. Apparently your title was better than mine!

Just now, Beerfish said:

Bell will be here because he is not tradeable with his contract.

Admas will be here because the Jets will be too chicken to offend him by listening to offers.

The jets are just a poorly managed organization like the Knicks 

This is exactly the time to trade Adams

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Looking forward to the @Jetsfan80 meltdown when the Adams extension is reported this offseason.

Whether Adams gets traded or not, there would be exactly zero reasons for JD to hand Jamal an extension now.  

So, yes, if we hand Adams $15M per with no reason to do so at this stage, I will indeed have a meltdown.  And it'll be epic.  

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Augustiniak said:

and since that's the case, why are you drafting one so high if you never have any intent to pay him if he's good?  

Macc drafted Jamal Adams.  Not Joe Douglas.  Macc was the worst GM of all-time, so trying to understand his logic for anything he did is a futile exercise.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, freestater said:

Both are coming back. Williamson won't be. Adam's with a shiny new contract. As long as Joe gets 3+ starting quality offensive linemen he can do what he wants. 

All of this is gross.  Why not bring Williamson back?  Why give Adams an extension now?  And how exactly are we getting 3 starting quality this OL?

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

I don't know what will happen, but I do know if I were the GM and I wanted to trade them, I wouldn't publicly say so this far ahead of the draft or FA.

And if I did want to keep them, I'd probably hint at that.

So either way, he's probably going about it the correct way.

Yep.  And if he tries to trade him on the down low and it doesn't, he saves face, because he hinted he'd be back anyways.  

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet I get a neg rep bomb when having the audacity to suggest we trade Jamal for a pick that leads to a Center plus 1-2 other  picks.  

If we traded Jamal Adams for a C, I'd smack your face.  

Also, I know you're very passionate about this so I dont want to deflate your dreams but you realize that trading Jamal doesnt automatically mean you're using all those picks on OL?  Right?  Like, JD might like CB or DE or OLB or wait for it....a Safety!

This forgone conclusion that trading Adams means they're spending those picks on offense is all conjecture.  It's groovy to think that's what he'd do but we have no idea.  

1 minute ago, JiF said:

If we traded Jamal Adams for a C, I'd smack your face.  

Also, I know you're very passionate about this so I dont want to deflate your dreams but you realize that trading Jamal doesnt automatically mean you're using all those picks on OL?  Right?  Like, JD might like CB or DE or OLB or wait for it....a Safety!

This forgone conclusion that trading Adams means they're spending those picks on offense is all conjecture.  It's groovy to think that's what he'd do but we have no idea.  

Fine.  Insert one of those talented WR's instead, and get the C in the 2nd round.  You're smart enough to understand that its all a matter of how the board falls.  

As for the bold.....isn't that's exactly what we WANT Douglas to do?  Or at least provide him the flexibility to come out of the first two rounds with an OL, a WR, and maybe an EDGE or CB?

So why the strong resistance to the idea of sacrificing defense for offense?  Makes no sense.  

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Fine.  Insert one of those talented WR's instead, and get the C in the 2nd round.  You're smart enough to understand that its all a matter of how the board falls.  

As for the bold.....isn't that's exactly what we WANT Douglas to do?  Or at least provide him the flexibility to come out of the first two rounds with an OL, a WR, and maybe an EDGE or CB?

So why the strong resistance to the idea of sacrificing defense for offense?  Makes no sense.  

Who resistenting anything?  Look above my avatar.  I dont want to spend a single resource on defense.  

What I want and what happens are 2 different things; I wanted Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook.  We have Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye.  I wanted Josh Allen we have Quinnen Williams.

I'm simply stating; screaming and yelling that trading Jamal Adams instantly upgrades the offense is fun but it's not guaranteed.  We have no clue what route JD would go with those picks nor do we know that they'll hit.  

If they trade an All-pro Football player for a bust, it will be colossal mistake.

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I started a thread a few days ago...the 2019 NY Jets OL was HISTORICALLY BAD...one of only 3 OL’s in league history to:

1.  Give up 50+ Sacks

2.  Have the Run game average < 3.5 yards/carry.

Prior to drafting Darnold, the entire world knew the Jets needed a QB, so why would a GM continue to draft defense? 

Amazing Darnold completed over 60% with that line, running for his life virtually every play.  Sanchez wouldTn’t have hit 40% and it’s doubtful he would have won 2 games in 2 years with receivers never getting separation either.

I was referring to your thread in that comment.

That is mind blowing...

• Haha 1

Le'Veon Bell wants to return to Jets, be part of rebuild in 2020

usatsi_13329257-1-e1577504313902.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1
December 28, 2019 8:03 am ET

Le’Veon Bell isn’t interested in leaving New York anytime soon.

Despite a tough first season with the Jets and trade rumors that have followed Gang Green’s star running back since the trade deadline, Bell has no desire to jump ship after signing a $52.5 million contract with New York in March.

“I wouldn’t have signed here for four years if I didn’t want to be here four years,” Bell said on Friday.

The idea of being one and done with the Jets doesn’t appeal to Bell, even though it wouldn’t be much of a surprise if it did. Bell is having the worst season of his career playing in Adam Gase’s offensive scheme, rushing for a career-low 748 yards so far this season. He has had success catching passes out of the backfield with 61 catches for 425 yards and a touchdown, but Bell’s production running the ball has simply not been there.

Bell turns 28 in February. After another season missing the playoffs, the Jets figure to go through some sort of rebuild this offseason with numerous holes for general manager Joe Douglas to fill. That doesn’t phase him, though, as Bell is all for being part of the process of getting the Jets back on track in 2020 and beyond.

“I’m a guy that is extremely patient, not just on the field,” Bell said. “I understand it takes a while to build a stable program. I’m here for it. It’s what I want to do. I’m not saying I’m ecstatic about it. I’m not saying I’m down about it. I understand it’s a process, getting things going in the right direction.”

Bell is due to make $13.5 million in guaranteed money next season, which will likely cause any team interested in trading for him to look elsewhere on the market for a running back. There are no guarantees in Bell’s contract past 2020, but that doesn’t do the Jets any favors when it comes to the possibility of moving him this offseason.

Fortunately for New York, it doesn’t look like it’ll have to deal with a disgruntled superstar in the locker room moving forward. For better or worse, Bell is invested in remaining a Jet for the duration of his contract.

“When I did sign here, I didn’t expect us to go 16-0, you know what I’m saying?” Bell said. “I knew it would be a process. I understand everything. We got a young quarterback, a whole group of guys coming in — new offensive coordinators, head coaches. … I understand what goes on. It’s not like basketball. You can’t take one or two guys and change a team.”

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Who resistenting anything?  Look above my avatar.  I dont want to spend a single resource on defense.  

What I want and what happens are 2 different things; I wanted Deshaun Watson and Dalvin Cook.  We have Jamal Adams and Marcus Maye.  I wanted Josh Allen we have Quinnen Williams.

I'm simply stating; screaming and yelling that trading Jamal Adams instantly upgrades the offense is fun but it's not guaranteed.  We have no clue what route JD would go with those picks nor do we know that they'll hit.  

If they trade an All-pro Football player for a bust, it will be colossal mistake.

Any draft pick can be a bust.  That's not a reason to avoid trading for them when the opportunity arises.  Draft picks are young, cheap, talent.  We don't know what they will be, but you need them to build your roster.  Spending $15M per on a SS is a pretty surefire way NOT to build a roster properly.  Especially when you have about a  million needs on offense.  

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Any draft pick can be a bust.  That's not a reason to avoid trading for them when the opportunity arises.  Draft picks are young, cheap, talent.  We don't know what they will be, but you need them to build your roster.  Spending $15M per on a SS is a pretty surefire way NOT to build a roster properly.  Especially when you have about a  million needs on offense.  

Image result for make it stop gifs
  • Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Didnt we dispel this already?  7 of the highest paid safeties in the league are playoff bound and they're part of consistent winning organizations.  There is absolutely nothing that supports the idea you cant build a roster because you're paying a S 15mil.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Didnt we dispel this already?  7 of the highest paid safeties in the league are playoff bound and they're part of consistent winning organizations.  There is absolutely nothing that supports the idea you cant build a roster because you're paying a S 15mil.

No one has ever paid a Strong Safety $15M before, so we can't say that for sure.  And Jamal might well want even more than that.  

And paying that coin to a SS when you don't have an offense in place around your QB is lunacy.  I'm fine with overpaying some spots AFTER we have a solid OL.  But not a minute before.  

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one has ever paid a Strong Safety $15M before, so we can't say that for sure.  And Jamal might well want even more than that.  

And paying that coin to a SS when you don't have an offense in place around your QB is lunacy.  I'm fine with overpaying some spots AFTER we have a solid OL.  But not a minute before.  

I’m not following you brother.  In one breath, you say, don’t spend in free agency.  But in the other, you expect a rebuilt Oline.  Seeing your stance on FA, that Oline is coming through the draft I would assume, so who are you going to spend money on?  Seems like if it came down to it, you could pay Jamal and build an OL at the same time if that’s your approach.  

Who knows if it will even come down to this but I really don’t see this being remotely hard for a GM worth his salt.