Rhule to the Panthers!!!

greasyt

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I think it would have more to do with total control. BB would laugh at having to report to Gettleman.

Agreed. I don't really see BB going anywhere but if he does go to the Giants he will show up with a nice luggage set as a gift to Gettleman. 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, section314 said:

I think it would have more to do with total control. BB would laugh at having to report to Gettleman.

Gettleman will be shown the door , keep laughing at the Giants guys ...they’re about 2 weeks or so from introducing BB as head of football operations and HC....yea what a laughing stock they are . 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, greasyt said:

The #Panthers are hiring #Baylor coach Matt Rhule, source says (as @PeteThamel reported). They are working out the deal as we speak. They did not want him to get on the plane to the #Giants.

Smart. If you want the coach don’t let him leave. I am assuming they already satisfied the Rooney rule??

• Upvote 1

Just now, Jolot said:

Gettleman will be shown the door , keep laughing at the Giants guys ...they’re about 2 weeks or so from introducing BB as head of football operations and HC....yea what a laughing stock they are . 

I'll believe it when I see it. 

Belichick is 67 (tied for the oldest coach in the league with Pete Carroll, I believe) and probably doesn't have more than 5 years left. He's most likely staying in NE. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

That is the only way. How about this......BB comes in as head of football operations, and brings McDaniels in as coach? Totally sticks it to Kraft.

16 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Giants don’t care , Belichick will be introduced as GM/HC of the NYG within a couple weeks 

I am so fine with this. Rhule being with the Giants and being good would make passing on him hurt more.

Belichick doing great things with the Patriots would be amazing since the Patriots would suck. Bring it on!!!

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ChuckkieB said:

Belechick to the Giants, however, would make me want to puke. 

I think there is a chance that this would be a major disappointment. 

Belichick is already the oldest coach in the league (67) and the oldest coach to ever win a SB (last year's win over the Rams).

If you sign Belichick, you are probably getting him for 3-ish years. Hiring a younger coach who you believe in makes more sense on a lot of levels. 

McDaniels is supposed to interview with the NYG.  Any chance he tries to pull what Parcells pulled?  i.e. - Josh is the HC for year 1 and I'm the GM.  You know what, I'll just be the HC and we'll get sanctioned by the league.  lol

Belichick to the Giants would be interesting.

- I'd love to see Belichick's face during the Draft when he gets to Round 3 and says, "Hey...where's our pick?  You traded it to the Jets????"

- I'd hate to watch Belichick actually keep Leo and turn him into an unstoppable force on the Interior D-Line.

(Wait! Who am I kidding?  Leo will lead the league with 23 Almost Sacks next year.)