Rhule to the Panthers!!!

greasyt

22 minutes ago, KRL said:

So Rhule didn't even interview with the NYG, the "mighty" have fallen!!!

The New York Media and Idiots Flying Planes have a real impact on who wants to coach in this city.

Years from now it's going to bite us in the ass just like the Giants are experiencing now.

SAR I

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, section314 said:

That is the only way. How about this......BB comes in as head of football operations, and brings McDaniels in as coach? Totally sticks it to Kraft.

I think McDaniels takes a sweetheart deal from Kraft and stays .

30 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Giants don’t care , Belichick will be introduced as GM/HC of the NYG within a couple weeks 

If Belichick were leaving the Patriots for another job, he'd have gone to Dallas.

If Belichick wants to coach the worst team in a division he might as well stay put in the AFC East.

SAR I

11 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

Christian McCaffrey > Saquon Barkley

You can make the argument, but think about this. 

McCaffrey put up MVP-like numbers this season. 1,400 rushing yards and 1,000 yards receiving. That's Marshall Faulk status. 

Look at what Saquan did in his rookie season. 1,300 rushing yards and 720 yards receiving. Completely destroy's what Christian did as a rookie, which was 440 rushing yards 650 receiving. 

Saquan's potential is pretty damn extraordinary. Just look at this season when he was injured. 

13 games he had 1,000 yards and 440 yards receiving. McCaffrey in his 2nd year had 1,100 and 870 receiving yards in 16 games. 

Danny Dimes in his 2nd season and a healthy Barkley in his 3rd season could be pretty scary. 

McCaffrey is an absolute savage though. He's what I thought Duke Johnson would have been by now. 

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

The New York Media and Idiots Flying Planes have a real impact on who wants to coach in this city.

Years from now it's going to bite us in the ass just like the Giants are experiencing now.

SAR I

Or. And here me out here. There front office is a complete mess. Mara and tisch are on different pages. And they retained gettlemen, who nobody wants to work with. Gettlemen is on the hot seat. Anyone who takes the giants job will be out within 2 years.

3 minutes ago, SAR I said:

If Belichick were leaving the Patriots for another job, he'd have gone to Dallas.

If Belichick wants to coach the worst team in a division he might as well stay put in the AFC East.

SAR I

Belichick wouldn’t take a job with Jerry Jones. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, SAR I said:

SAR I

He was never going to work for Jones ..he’s going to the Giants and you know it . 

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Belichick wouldn’t take a job with Jerry Jones. 

Unless he and Kraft are really butting heads behind the scenes, I don't see Belichick doing anything other than sticking with the Pats or retiring. I think one of Brady or Beli is there next year, and money's on Beli. That's his best chance to prove he can win without Brady: with the organization he's built over 20 years. 

• Upvote 2

33 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

This is the most surprising thing to me. 

To not even hear the Giants out is a big move and tells you all you need to know about where the Giants are right now

Where does Rhule hail from?  I'm thinking it's more to do with living and working in the tri state area.  

4 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I wonder if that puts a QB in play for the Panthers at #7?  Or does Rhule think he can work with Cam Newton?  Be interesting to hear his comments about Cam at the press conference

Yes, very interesting. What is Cam's health status? Thought there was speculation he was contemplating retirement because of injury

So in their last three "searches" the NYG:

- Fired Coughlin for McAdoo

- After firing McAdoo they supposedly wanted Patricia and settled for Shurmur

- After firing Shurmur they were the "frontrunner" for Rhule and couldn't get
an interview

• Upvote 1

Just now, KRL said:

So in their last three "searches" the NYG:

- Fired Coughlin for McAdoo

- After firing McAdoo they supposedly wanted Patricia and settled for Shurmur

- After firing Shurmur they were the "frontrunner" for Rhule and couldn't get
an interview

Do not give them your contact information!

Not surprised he went there.  Rhule seems to prefer jobs off the beaten path or rebuilds.  A religious guy who wants to instill his own culture without being under a microscope.  Smart really.  Now this really puts the Giants in a weird place.  Better go check the Vegas odds on who the favorite is.  Would be funny if McDaniels took the job that everybody once assumed Belicheck would fill.

• Sympathy 1

31 minutes ago, Sarge4Tide said:

I wonder if that puts a QB in play for the Panthers at #7?  Or does Rhule think he can work with Cam Newton?  Be interesting to hear his comments about Cam at the press conference

I don't believe this is a great QB draft, Tua has huge injury issues and Herbert doesn't
impress me.  Rhule probably heard Newton is recovering and the team isn't cutting him.
Otherwise why take a job with a hole at the QB position?

29 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

Belichick to the Giants would be interesting.

- I'd love to see Belichick's face during the Draft when he gets to Round 3 and says, "Hey...where's our pick?  

You traded it to tenor.gif.f296c0b0be02dfe26020e352f5f85570.gif

slams draft notes...

giphy.gif.7da100fa702ac55ce9440fbec2fef28a.gif

corrected that part.... 

• Haha 1