Rhule to the Panthers!!!

greasyt

35 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He'll LOVE this city. We have a ton of folk from NY and NJ, (some jerk offs from Boston), we have good restaurants, he will immediately become a member of Quail Hollow, live 10 minutes from the golf course, the stadium, the airport etc.  Charlotte is a great place if you are an athlete.

7 year, 60 million dollar contract.

NFL coaches salaries are finally catching up.   It's bizarre to me that an NFL coach makes less than an average offensive guard.

• Upvote 2

Gettleman will be shown the door , keep laughing at the Giants guys ...they’re about 2 weeks or so from introducing BB as head of football operations and HC....yea what a laughing stock they are . 

Hahahaha!!!! Haaaaahahahaha!!! Haaaaaaaaahahahaha!!!!! Yes I’m laughing at you, and the Giants.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, British Jet said:

Lolz.

GTFO!

Holy sh!t.  We're getting another Draft pick from the Giants!!!!

Should have known this all along.  No way was Gettleman going to trade a high 3rd round pick to the Jets during a losing season for the Giants and then NOT sign Leo longterm.  This keeps getting better by the minute.

• Upvote 3

54 minutes ago, chirorob said:

7 year, 60 million dollar contract.

NFL coaches salaries are finally catching up.   It's bizarre to me that an NFL coach makes less than an average offensive guard.

Tepper is one of the richest guys in the League.  I'm not surprised that Rhule got a huge long-term deal.  I also find it interesting that some of the smartest business guys, hedge fund operators, etc. like Tepper and Stan Kroenke (Rams) are trending towards younger hot-shot type candidates and not re-visiting retreads like McCarthy, Rivera, etc.

2 hours ago, Bergen Jet said:

Matt Rhule and Carolina seem like a pretty good pairing.  The Giants didn't even get to give him a sales pitch?  The allure of the NYG seems to be fading a bit...

There was interest, but it seems like he.............................

Rhuled

them

out.

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He'll LOVE this city. We have a ton of folk from NY and NJ, (some jerk offs from Boston), we have good restaurants, he will immediately become a member of Quail Hollow, live 10 minutes from the golf course, the stadium, the airport etc.  Charlotte is a great place if you are an athlete.

His preacher act probably plays well down there too.  Laying of hands in the NY metro area likely gets you committed to Pilgrim State.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Gen X Jet said:

His preacher act probably plays well down there too.  Laying of hands in the NY metro area likely gets you committed to Pilgrim State.

My first year here, 24 years ago went to a small town representing a client on a loan deal.  The meeting was a prayer breakfast where we actually held hands in prayer before we ate.  I almost shlt myself.  The leader was praying and I was thinking...  what the hell is going on here.

But, truth be told it is NOT like that anymore. Very upscale, very modern tons of yuppies work downtown. GREAT place to live now.

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

My first year here, 24 years ago went to a small town representing a client on a loan deal.  The meeting was a prayer breakfast where we actually held hands in prayer before we ate.  I almost shlt myself.  The leader was praying and I was thinking...  what the hell is going on here.

But, truth be told it is NOT like that anymore. Very upscale, very modern tons of yuppies work downtown. GREAT place to live now.

What is the early reaction to the hire down there? My friends and I went to the tailgate you threw last time Jets were there. Lots of great people. Look forward to a return trip soon. 2021, I think?

8 minutes ago, section314 said:

What is the early reaction to the hire down there? My friends and I went to the tailgate you threw last time Jets were there. Lots of great people. Look forward to a return trip soon. 2021, I think?

Im at the desk so I can't tell.....   but im sure they are open minded while wondering who the hell is Rhule?

That tailgate space is now gone.. all the lower city is developed so NOT sure what we can do in 2021.  

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Im at the desk so I can't tell.....   but im sure they are open minded while wondering who the hell is Rhule?

That tailgate space is now gone.. all the lower city is developed so NOT sure what we can do in 2021.  

Too bad.....that place was great. It was about 3 blocks from our hotel, and obviously very close to the stadium. That was a great party.

5 hours ago, Jolot said:

Giants don’t care , Belichick will be introduced as GM/HC of the NYG within a couple weeks 

5 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Yep, it’s a lock Belicheck to the Giants. It will be announced the day after the fine is levied on the Pats. 

These posts didn't age well.  LOL

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Geebus...that seems like a lot.  I'm trying to find a list of NFL head coach salaries and it seems hard to come by.

Anyone know where this would fall in, in terms of the rest of the HCs.  I can't imagine we're paying Gase anything close to this.

Generally a highly paid HC In the NFL makes between 7-10 million.  Gruden is the highest at 10 million.  Andy Reid around 8 million.  

Gase is probably around 3.5 -5 million.  

This guy is a huge fraud and will be exposed as one of the worst coaches in the leuage next year. You guys realize that before taking the temple job this guys resume highlight was being an assistant OL coach for the Giants.. for one year.

Who cares? He’s had huge success as a HC for two fledgling football programs. How is he a “fraud”?

Not everybody likes hiring OC’s/DC’s who have zero HC experience. And in our case, that ended terribly 4 times in a row.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

This guy is a huge fraud and will be exposed as one of the worst coaches in the leuage next year. You guys realize that before taking the temple job this guys resume highlight was being an assistant OL coach for the Giants.. for one year.

Frauds?  Our last 3 head coaches all have been merely coordinators with no interest on the other side of the ball and very very little talent as a team builder and head coach.  Rex was the best of the three but bowles and gase are over blown coordinators and poor ones at that.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Who cares? He’s had huge success as a HC for two fledgling football programs. How is he a “fraud”?

Not everybody likes hiring OC’s/DC’s who have zero HC experience. And in our case, that ended terribly 4 times in a row.

Being able to use your background as a preacher to recruit and motivate 17 year olds is different than going to battle against grown men in the NFL. If you can’t bring a tactical advantage to the game you’re going to get exposed.